NEurope
Helmsly

Super Mario Odyssey

Digital purchasers, where are you gonna be buying this from?

Amazon fr seems to be the place to beat right now, it's going for £40. Anyone got a better deal?

22 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

But you've finished Galaxy 2, right? That's what's important. :D 

Quite possibly the best 3D Mario yadda yadda yadda but... am I the only one who was extremely disappointed with the final level? Making me grind star bits for like an hour just so I can play the exact same level on a daredevil run? Really? Still a 10 but pet peeve of mine regarding the game, for sure.

(How in the hell do I edit a quote into my existing post with these new systems? Don't want to keep doubleposting...)

My game has been despatched by Simply Games. It would be great if I get it tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Blade said:

My game has been despatched by Simply Games. It would be great if I get it tomorrow!

Yup. Same here.

You lucky shits :p

Wish there was a way for me to play this :( 

Enjoy it. Hope it's as good as I'm expecting it to be. :peace:

I've already seen some people in my friends list playing this. Looks like the game is definitely out there already... I'm probably not going to get it until early November as games never seem to arrive in Russia on release day, it's usually 3-5 days after release that stores get them. :( I was considering getting it on Amazon digitally but you can't not get a new Mario game physically! I'll bear out the wait.

I see some spoilers have already been doing the rounds... But it's a Mario game, can we really call them spoilers?? Either way I'd ask you guys to be considerate with talking about later in-game content even after Friday. The eye icon is you friend ;)

39 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I see some spoilers have already been doing the rounds... But it's a Mario game, can we really call them spoilers?? Either way I'd ask you guys to be considerate with talking about later in-game content even after Friday. The eye icon is you friend ;)

I think we are pretty good with spoilers on here. I know most of us put a lot of stuff in spoiler tags when we got Zelda early and I expect the same for this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope there's spoilers too. Hero will have finished it by tomorrow afternoon so we are most definitely going to need spoilers as I'm a slow ass gamer. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Please use spoiler tags, even if you're not sure.  

This also prevents your post appearing on the recent posts block on the main page.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

I hope there's spoilers too. Hero will have finished it by tomorrow afternoon so we are most definitely going to need spoilers as I'm a slow ass gamer. :D

So it's a long game then? :D

In all seriousness, i'm dubious whether Simply Games did actually ship their copies out. The game is now back as a preorder and while i've never experienced it, they have done this kind of thing in the past.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

So it's a long game then? :D

In all seriousness, i'm dubious whether Simply Games did actually ship their copies out. The game is now back as a preorder and while i've never experienced it, they have done this kind of thing in the past.

Whut. 

I've only ordered from them once and it was a blissful experience with RE Revelations, so i'm hoping they don't let me down! 

Just now, Aneres11 said:

Whut. 

I've only ordered from them once and it was a blissful experience with RE Revelations, so i'm hoping they don't let me down! 

Yeah, i've had nothing but great service from them. I think @Happenstance has had the issue I spoke about happen to him before.

On 23/10/2017 at 10:41 AM, Oxigen_Waste said:

Digital purchasers, where are you gonna be buying this from?

Amazon fr seems to be the place to beat right now, it's going for £40. Anyone got a better deal?

Amazon UK is £39.99 if you have Prime. £42.99 without Prime.

They're saying codes will be delivered bang on midnight. Wish it would come early so we could pre-load.

17 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Amazon UK is £39.99 if you have Prime. £42.99 without Prime.

They're saying codes will be delivered bang on midnight. Wish it would come early so we could pre-load.

Amazon France is £40.10 without prime and £38.31 with prime (you can use the trial). Same about releasing codes at midnight but French midnight is 11PM for us so that's where I'm going. Cheaper and sooner? Yes please.

Again, your amazon UK account is compatible with amazon france, for anyone interested. You just have to input some random address (I just used a hotel) and you're set.

35 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, i've had nothing but great service from them. I think @Happenstance has had the issue I spoke about happen to him before.

Yeah its happened to me twice now. Both really obvious when you looked on twitter and NeoGaf (:cry:) that everyone who ordered with them had their copies dispatched on the same day and nobody getting it in the next few days so it wasnt just an issue with Royal Mail.

You can also get a fiver free credit for topping up your Amazon account with £25. You can then apply that to an existing order.

I did it and got another fiver off Mario Odyssey, effectively making it £35. Follow this link to see if you can get the fiver off.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

You can also get a fiver free credit for topping up your Amazon account with £25. You can then apply that to an existing order.

I did it and got another fiver off Mario Odyssey, effectively making it £35. Follow this link to see if you can get the fiver off.

Oooh! Thanks for this. Not sure where to go, though... don't have Prime on UK and can't use trial so it'd only be £1 cheaper for me. Think I might stick with the french variant to get it an hour early.

1 minute ago, Agent Gibbs said:

Wait some peoples are getting dispatched? man Amazon are never so cool

I never really fault Amazon for that. They have their own delivery options so never really should have issues getting preorders to people on release day and not have to send stuff out early.

11 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I never really fault Amazon for that. They have their own delivery options so never really should have issues getting preorders to people on release day and not have to send stuff out early.

Well, I got both Persona 5 and Nioh several days late and they were the only games I ever preordered with Amazon. Was living in Dalston at the time too so location couldn't have been the issue.

6 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I've already seen some people in my friends list playing this. Looks like the game is definitely out there already... I'm probably not going to get it until early November as games never seem to arrive in Russia on release day, it's usually 3-5 days after release that stores get them. :( I was considering getting it on Amazon digitally but you can't not get a new Mario game physically! I'll bear out the wait.

That could be me. I have it for reviewing but no worries, I'm not spoiling anything. :)

I've ordered from Nintendo as my son wants the cap. Looking forward to getting next Wednesday :( Nintendo UK are hopeless.

Edited by Kaxxx

I pre-ordered mine from Tesco and its due some time between Friday and Tuesday I think they said.  I'm cool with waiting personally.