NEurope
Helmsly

Super Mario Odyssey

So yeah, this is completely off-topic, but a couple of days ago, my mother informed me of a video-game question on one of those many ITV quiz shows she watches. She does it all the time to see if I know my stuff.

Anyway, the latest one she saw was a bizarre one, which I'm amazed they expected anyone to know.

It was something along the lines of "Which Video Game series feature the villainous amphibian, King Wart?"

Obviously, I knew it because I'm such a nerd, the person who was asked guessed Pac-Man.

What a horribly obscure question. So why am I bringing it up?

Just letting @markderoos know that even ITV acknowledge him more than Nintendo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I saw a commercial for Mario Odyssey today in the morning (between an episode of Frasier ), it's pretty much a shortened version of the music video thing they uploaded on youtube last week, which is awesome

Which Frasier episodes?

#priorities

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Ike said:

It's time to leave the internet, spoilers are getting leaked...

What's that? Time to use my favourite GIF?

FemaleVastIndianspinyloach-small.gif

• Haha 1

Looks like I'll be blocking access to Neogaf, Reddit and Nintendo Life for the foreseeable future then. I at least trust you guys to keep spoilers to a minimum.

Edited by killthenet

My Galaxy journey came to an end on Friday evening.

Spoiler

DMupBuiXcAEK8-P.jpg

DMupBuwX0AAx0ee.jpg

I ended up just beating Bowser with 90 odd stars under my belt. I figured I would just end the game and crack on with something else.

I will say that with me playing the 2D games and then Galaxy straight after, I can see why NSMB Wii sold more. I love Galaxy and its sequel but it can be quite fiddly at times. Even some of the regular stars can be a bit tricky and I imagine a lot of the casual Wii audience found it hard to get to grips with. The NSMB series is very simply and easy to understand in comparison. The 2D games certainly feel more accurate and tighter in their platforming. With arrival of Odyssey i'm hoping that Nintendo don't abandon the 2D Mario outings, as I think there is certainly room for both series, which is alos how I feel about the Zelda series.

On 10/20/2017 at 10:59 PM, Glen-i said:

It was something along the lines of "Which Video Game series feature the villainous amphibian, King Wart?"

Speaking of Wart, my next game was Super Mario Bros. 2.

Spoiler

DMutEJsX0AcFRkj.jpg

DMutEJsWAAEJVaG.jpg

DMutEJuX0AAA9bK.jpg

DMutEJyX4AAfT73.jpg

DMutG9bWAAAJq_m.jpg

DMutG9dX4AAChXT.jpg

DMutG92W0AAG5GC.jpg

DMutG96XkAARu0K.jpg

DMutJNxWAAYi00P.jpg

DMutJNyX4AASer_.jpgDMutJN3XUAcddAo.jpg

This was followed by Super Mario Bros. 3.

Spoiler

DMutM0nXkAAinFZ.jpg

DMutM0yWkAAEr7T.jpg

DMutM00WAAA8DTr.jpg

DMutM08WkAAT5KP.jpg

DMutPPtX0AE0bzW.jpg

DMutPPyXkAAN7DZ.jpg

DMutPPzXcAEb6i9.jpg

DMutPQSWAAAVLNt.jpg

DMutSGzXcAEuHUN.jpg

I have now started Super Mario 3D World.

Spoiler

DMutSHTXcAAFK81.jpg

DMutSGVX0AAWzqK.jpg

DMutSGXXUAEqCVx.jpg

DMutUWMWkAAsMkR.jpg

Like Galaxy, I probably won't be going for a perfect file on this one. I'll no doubt just get all the stamps and stars up until the final battle with Bowser.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hope you don't suffer Mario fatigue by the time Odyssey comes out!

Yeah, it is a concern of mine. I'll be making 3D World my final Mario game. That'll give me a few days rest from Mario before the main event arrives.

I'm playing (the excellent) Steamworld Dig 2 in the run up to Odyssey. Something completely different so when Mario hits it'll be that much more epic.

Looking forward to your thoughts on 3D World compared to the Galaxy games.

Edited by Ronnie

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm playing (the excellent) Steamworld Dig 2 in the run up to Odyssey. Something completely different so when Mario hits it'll be that much more epic.

Looking forward to your thoughts on 3D World compared to the Galaxy games.

You aren't playing it until Christmas anyway though, aren't you? 

3D World feels really slow after coming off the 2D games and Galaxy. Like, REALLY slow.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

3D World feels really slow after coming off the 2D games and Galaxy. Like, REALLY slow.

Was planning on mid November, but I don't think I'll be able to resist that long.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Was planning on mid November, but I don't think I'll be able to resist that long.

Haha. Totally understandable. Get it played on release with the rest of us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I remember thinking the same when I first played it and got worried I wouldn't like it, but I then got into the groove :)

Just now, Serebii said:

I remember thinking the same when I first played it and got worried I wouldn't like it, but I then got into the groove :)

I didn't mind it whenI played it back then but it's very jarring after playing the other games right before. It's still a stupidly delightful  game, though.

• Like 1

I am so looking forward to Sunday night when I get home from MCM and can play :D

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This was followed by Super Mario Bros. 3.

i was talking to someone at work at this last week which got me in the mood for playing it, so started playing it as well. Only up to world 4, I think, only been playing it a bit before bed on the NES Mini.

I have now started Super Mario 3D World.

I haven't even finished this, don't think I got very far. It's (one of) the reasons my Wii U is still hooked up, in hopes of finishing it one day.

17 minutes ago, Ike said:

I haven't even finished this, don't think I got very far. It's (one of) the reasons my Wii U is still hooked up, in hopes of finishing it one day.

But you've finished Galaxy 2, right? That's what's important. :D 

The final boss level of 3D World was pretty epic, second only to 3D Land in my eyes.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

But you've finished Galaxy 2, right? That's what's important. :D 

I sure did.

y4mUzN3cgQXe47Mt41LKObehMJZkajTFTHfxcOXz

• Like 3

On 20-10-2017 at 11:59 PM, Glen-i said:

So yeah, this is completely off-topic, but a couple of days ago, my mother informed me of a video-game question on one of those many ITV quiz shows she watches. She does it all the time to see if I know my stuff.

Anyway, the latest one she saw was a bizarre one, which I'm amazed they expected anyone to know.

Obviously, I knew it because I'm such a nerd, the person who was asked guessed Pac-Man.

What a horribly obscure question. So why am I bringing it up?

Just letting @markderoos know that even ITV acknowledge him more than Nintendo.

What a sad world we live in...

On 10/21/2017 at 7:29 PM, Ike said:

It's time to leave the internet, spoilers are getting leaked...

Yep, one of the youtube recommendations to me this evening was a video claiming to be the final boss and ending! Pretty much tempted to go dark on most gaming sites until next weekend.

27 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Yep, one of the youtube recommendations to me this evening was a video claiming to be the final boss and ending! Pretty much tempted to go dark on most gaming sites until next weekend.

Yeah, got that as well. Gave it a thumbs down for the good that would do. Muted some keywords on Twitter, apparently people are posting spoilers in replies to Nintendo and journalist tweets.

44 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, got that as well. Gave it a thumbs down for the good that would do. Muted some keywords on Twitter, apparently people are posting spoilers in replies to Nintendo and journalist tweets.

Why would people do that? Just to be a nobhead?

7 hours ago, Rowan said:

Yup. I had a couple of those, as well. Methinks I'll have to avoid using YouTube for the rest of the week.

6 hours ago, Blade said:

Why would people do that? Just to be a nobhead?

Pretty much. Also, they'll be wanting the views for their channel and seeing as we live in a time where people have no issue with things being spoiled for them, ( whether it be games, tv shows or movies ), they will get said views as well.

Card got charged from Simply-Games just now for odyssey. 

Booked Friday off! Can't wait. :D