NEurope
Helmsly

Super Mario Odyssey

Yeah but would they really use the N64 levels again in the very next 3D Mario game they release after Galaxy 2?

mario_with_troll_face_by_juanstingtrip-d8jjlgl.png

But yes, it would be nice. Always enjoy a bit of meta.

I could see it happening. They brought back that Mario 64 level back in Galaxy 2 after all.
Very true. But keep those 64 visuals this time.

I'd be all for that, the one game I can never get enough of is Super Mario 64 and I loved it so much in Galaxy.

I know we had a remake on DS but I'd still love a console remake of that game. At the time I was hoping they'd do one with the Galaxy engine (throwback galaxy being a hint) but it never happened so I hope we see it some time soon with the Odyssey engine (and lots of sax on the remade tracks)

Looks absolutely amazing.

But I won't pay 400€ for just one game :p

They're playing it on the

They just mentioned that the collectables are like Banjo-Kazooie as you don't get booted out of the level when you get the main one.

Also, no lives. Dying makes you lose some coins.

Lovely :)

Still not 100% sold on the urban setting but the rest looks great.

I didn't enjoy the music, mainly due to the vocals, but the game looks great :smile:

Mario platformers are always amongst my most anticipated games of any generation but I must admit to being a little nervous about the open world approach. I enjoyed Breath of the Wild but still have reservations about that syle of game!

Looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait. Worth watching the IGN gameplay footage they showed an hour ago as it shows the game off better than the trailer/Treehouse.

I'm just really really worried there might only be four kingdoms in the game, especially hearing there are about 30 "moons" per kingdom. The box art doesn't do much to allay my fears, though the one in the top left doesn't look familiar I guess.

I think there will be more than 4 kingdoms, they're just being smart and not showing off very much of the game. It looks like such an inventive and fun game, I can't wait to play it.

Breath of the Wild is probably the greatest game I've every played. I didn't expect it to be beaten quite so quickly but it might...

Holy fucking shit, this looks incredible. Really hope the transformation stuff allows for creative solutions/mad speed runs.

This does look very good. A day 1 purchase for me most likely, looks packed full of charm. I was far more excited about this than the Metroid Prime 4 announcement.

Love this. It always amazes me that Nintendo keep outdoing themselves. The Galaxy games were amazing and I didn't know how they'd top them but this looks to have some that.

That theme tune is just great too. Jump up in the air, do do doo do do.

Great stuff. They pretty much matched my reaction. :grin:

Yep, same. What's funny is I almost think everyone went through the same thought process on the incredible reveal in Mario - Monster Hunter!! No... Turok? new IP? Retro's game?! Oh fuck it's Mario!!