Announced on the Nintendo Switch stream:

C2BkX6kXEAAm06s.jpg

C2BkYeWXAAAYwte.jpg

C2BkYKFXAAAURpH.jpg

C2BkYwIXEAAGQqA.jpg

:bouncy:

Edited by Helmsly

Seems great.

The graphics in this game are awesome. The city level reminds me of the pre-rendered cutscenes in Sonic Adventure

I didn't like seeing real people walking around in a Mario game as it made me think of those awkward Sonic relations with humans but some of the other elements looked great. At the moment, though, it doesn't seem to gel together..

I didn't like seeing real people walking around in a Mario game as it made me think of those awkward Sonic relations with humans but some of the other elements looked great. At the moment, though, it doesn't seem to gel together..

I don't mind it. After all, the game is about Mario being out of place.

The city level reminds me of the pre-rendered cutscenes in Sonic Adventure

Yeah me too. Funny enough, Sonic Adventure started trending by the end of the conference as a result:

l82YlXy.png

New Donk City and its human inhabitants look.. wrong. Aside from that though, this should be another solid Mario title. Look forward to hearing more about it, presumably at E3.

The game looked amazing and its going to be fun!

The city though...erm it looks really poor. The graphics amd character models are very meh.

Though not shown, I'm guessing this is what Miyamoto's T-shirt was about; a Feudal Japan world.

I see the globe on Mario's ship and it makes me think he's travelling the world (like Odyssey) but each new world gave off a different vibe and design almost like parallel worlds. Hmmm. No sign of ? Blocks, though.

Looking good. :)

Has a bit of a Playtonic vibe to it.

I don't like how the "real world" looks, though. Graphics seem a bit...bad?

Edited by drahkon

Looking good. :)

Has a bit of a Playtonic vibe to it.

I don't like how the "real world" looks, though. Graphics seem a bit...bad?

They seem more stylised than bad.

They seem more stylised than bad.

I think they look bad. But each to their own, I guess.

Sonic Adventure is literally the first thing I thought of when I saw the first part of the trailer, so it doesn't surprise me to see it trend.

It also looks hilariously wrong. So very, very wrong...

Otherwise, the game looks pretty cool. But semi-realistic humans and Mario don't gel... at all.

Otherwise, the game looks pretty cool. But semi-realistic humans and Mario don't gel... at all.

I think that might be the point though

The game looks so so so good, the real world does look off, I don't mind that, but the quality of the models of the cars and people are a little too basic... But jumping around cities and such looks amazing.

Really hope they are saving stuff for e3 though... where's Pikmin? Retros game? Animal Crossing?

This was definitely the Nintendo highlight for me.

What a franchise, what a franchise.

Redefining platform games for so long and still no sign of getting stale.

It is looking to be a satisfying holiday season.

I was a bit down on this at first but watching the trailer again I enjoyed it a lot more.

That said the visuals look very rough. 3D World looked far prettier, and it actually had a very cohesive style. This needs a ton of polish.

I think the disjointed style id part of what it's going for. I amine each world will be vastly different to each other stylistically.

1300915.gif

Disappointed it wasn't at the event today because I think it has a lot of potential, even if that city level is basically Sonic. But Mario's jumping ability could be great in a city environment.

This game looks amazing!!! And the graphics are fine, the city and humans don't look bad to me. For me they would be off if they looked "better".

Also liking how Mario moves. I'm glad we are back to the Mario64 move set.

And... will we have different power-ups in the shape of new hats?

No sign of ? Blocks, though.

The traffic lights in the city are ? blocks, aren't they?

I like how the premise of the game's plot is basically this...

superpapermario_wedding.jpg

Bowser's wanting to make it official this time!

EDIT: They're talking to Miyamoto about this on Treehouse now.

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

This was the one game I was previously pumped for but I'm a bit mixed about it now. Some areas of the game look undeniably fantastic. However, I didn't dig that city bit at all. I feel that a city landscape could work and I'm all for that, but I didn't fall for its execution. I can't tell whether it's Mario's character model compared with the other NPCs or whether it's the colour palette or something or other, but the two didn't mesh very well for me.

It looks a little rough around the edges, but I have no doubt that it'll be fantastic when it comes around.

OK, I forgot about this trailer :D. I've seen it now and I am not sure if I like the city part (I don't like that kind of graphics for a Mario game), but the rest looks fantastic.

I really thinkg that this console will have a lot of fantastic games.

I kind of like the idea. It seems like there are two kinds of level; the realistic, real world ones (city, forest) and the over the top insane levels. Maybe the story will have something to do with Mario switching between the two? But with hats?