NEurope
Ashley

N-Europe turns niN-Eteen!

Hi all,

Today marks 19 years since the site was first set up under the name N64-Europe. Cube-Europe and Revo-Europe came and went before we finally landed on N-Europe.

I've written an article reflecting back on those nineteen years and @S\.C\.G has also written a feature about what he was playing when he was nineteen:

content-4-34995-nineteen.png

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for your continued support. Its weird to think how many people from here I know in real life (and I'm living with one of them). We might even have our first N-E marriage this year (if Flink and Eenuh get a wiggle on ;)) which is crazy!

You guys are the best and I hope to see you all at the 20th!

It's very impressive that when forums are dying off left right and centre, that N-Europe still maintains a sizeable loyal core userbase. Here's to many more years of N-Europe!

cheers-to-manufacturing.jpg

Excellent stuff and good memories. Congratulations to everyone that's helped make the site what it is today!

Pfff, only 19 years? I've managed to exist for almost 30.

Beat that N-E!

Happy birthday, N-E!

It has and probably will always be the first site I go to when I'm browsing the webs.

Obviously, this website has been life changing for myself and many of us. I've met so many fantastic people thanks to this place and it's insane that it's still going and will hopefully keep growing. I hope that this place keeps going and that we continue to add to our community. Who knows where things will be in another 19 years. :)

Man, it's crazy to think I've been a member here for about 10 years now, and I've been visiting the site regularly during that entire decade. It's a pretty enjoyable community, and it's hard to imagine not having it be part of my online life.

So, Happy Birthday, N-E : peace:

Pfff, only 19 years? I've managed to exist for almost 30.

Beat that N-E!

I feel like you want us to...terminate you.

Mental it's been 19 years. I've been here since 2001 so missed the first few years when it was N64-Europe unfortunately.

Here's to another 19.

Happy Birthday N-E!

Congratulations to all the staff who have made this possible and the members that make it such a good place to be. Have very much enjoyed being a member here. Here's to the next 19!

Man. Thinking back I've been here for more than half its life now. And I actually didn't join until a few years after discovering the site (while scrounging about for Revolution news.) 16 when I joined so maybe 14 when I found it? Practically a baby still. And I know that a lot of my use on the site was during 56K days. Ahhh the joys of opening 10 threads at a time and walking away while they loaded.

I've come and gone quite a bit the past few years. Lower activity across the boards, combined with my own full time career posting would just fade from the forefront of my mind. I'm glad for the years I've had here and hope they continue even if I don't have the time like I use to.

N-E has always been the first load in my web browser, before the Facebooks, before the Youtubes or the e-mails. I've been lurking here since the mid-GC era and actively posting since the Revolution hype days. It is the single greatest community on the interwebs and it was a true honour when I was made a staff member last November. Even though I've never met most of you in person, I feel like I know you all like a little gaming family. I genuinely do wonder when I play a game or listen to a podcast, I wonder what H-O-T or S.C.G et al. would think of this. I read that Nando has gone through an old game and want to play it myself. I look forward to our Mario Kart league nights every week, and feel a genuine sense of disappointment when I'm on the work rota on a Thursday night.

Thanks for listening for all these years, thanks for debating, thanks for arguing, thanks for providing both intended and unintended laughs, thanks for being passionate, thanks for loving Nintendo, thanks for hating Nintendo, thanks for making every thread interesting, thanks for derailing the uninteresting threads with petty fanboyism, thanks to the powers that be for providing us with and contributing towards a space to discuss the passion of my life.

Happy Birthday N-E, here's to 19 more. Stay awesome, each and every one of you.

I still like to swing by very infrequently just to lurk. See what's happening and whose names I remember. I suppose from the age of 11/12 to about 15 maybe 16 this forum and the people on it were an important part of my life. I'm now 27 but I don't think I'll ever forget this place; have some memories from here that'll keep for a very long time. The internet was a different place back then, and I think we shared it's golden years here.

Have a good one N-Europe.

I remember back in the day I was after any information I could get on the Gamecube before its release. Came across a site called N64-europe that had details of the yet to be released console. I was also fortunate enough that it was one of the few websites not blocked by the Sixth Form internet filter. There have been some interesting characters over the years. Glad to see things are still going strong.

It's amazing, 19 years. Been here 11 years myself, can't think of a better group of individuals.