NEurope
Ronnie

Rime

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Has anyone played this since the recent patch? Is it still a disaster or did they fix the frame-rate and graphical issues?

I could just get it on PS4 I guess, but would prefer on Switch

I played through it in its entirety before the patch so knew first hand how poorly it ran in some areas. I played it for an hour or so after the patch came out and it was noticeably better. There were still some hitches in performance and dropped frames but it was much more playable than before, the glitche in the areas I tried felt mostly cosmetic rather than getting in the way of the gameplay like they did before. 

Probably worth getting the PS4 version still, I think it's a lot cheaper than the Switch version and will likely run better but if you're set on getting it on Switch then I think you'll have a good time with it now.

• Thanks 1

I waited for the patch as it was a mess before. Really improved performance I thought, still judders here and there but nothing that would distract.

• Thanks 1

So I've tried the game now, just starting the 3rd chapter and I dunno. It's just a bit.. Boring? There is no real story to guide you, there is no reward for doing a puzzle (not even a lovely chime!), and it just feels sluggish and slow. I have never had trouble figuring out a puzzle but have had trouble seeing the white spots on the white walls that you can scale, and the game has been quite dark at times making it hard to navigate. Furthermore, I have been lost several times and that has frustrated me as I feel I'm wasting time. 

While the performance in the beginning was bad, the game studdered a lot, it has got better now that I'm mostly in confined areas. 

Overall, it's pretty but too shallow on the gameplay, I don't really want to continue playing it but may continue it after all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1