NEurope
Ronnie

Rime

Glad to see the money grab failed and the publisher saw sense.

Well then, Switch version is back on. Looking forward to playing this. It's about time I play something other than Zelda on my Switch system :P. Anyone know any more about a release date for the game, or is it still "Summer 2017"?

Well I interviewed Raúl Rubio and Kevin Cerdá at Tequila the other day. Here's a bunch of details on the Nintendo Switch version:

- They're glad that Nintendo was interested but still a lot of work, "the hardest" version.

- looking for parity with PS4 in both graphics and performance, but a lot of tweaks underneath due to architecture, ram, disk, how to fit streaming, etc. "Not as simple as pressing the 'Make Switch version' button in Unreal Engine 4".

- They'd love to add HD Rumble, will do if they have time, but now focused on performance

- Still aiming for summer launch, 1080p30 and 720p30 TV/handheld.

Source: https://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/...ntendo+Switch/

[tweet]867757156291969025[/tweet]

I'll finish Zelda just in time for this!

Looks like it's getting mixed reviews. Some love it, others think it's painfully average and frustrating.

Polygon gave it a 6.5

Reaction to The Last Guardian was the same and I absolutely adore that so I'm thinking I'll feel the same about this. Happy to wait for it on Switch though but hopefully it's only delayed a couple of months at most.

6.5 is the lowest I've seen with most reviews in the 8-9 range. Good enough for me! Game is apparently full of wonder and wow moments.

(Jim Sterling will put his 3/10 review in a week or two when his follower count needs a boost.)

The music :heart:

Might get this sometime next month. Or wait for a discount.

Had this preordered but Amazon don't have any stock for some reason. So, due to this and the mixed reviews, I've decided to wait till it's cheaper/free on Xbox Live

Looks like it's getting mixed reviews. Some love it, others think it's painfully average and frustrating.

Polygon gave it a 6.5

Polygon are also the festering hive that employ dipshit extraordinaire Ben Kuchera, let's not take their word for it.

Had this preordered but Amazon don't have any stock for some reason. So, due to this and the mixed reviews, I've decided to wait till it's cheaper/free on Xbox Live

It's on 81 at Metacritic so can't be too bad! Any word on when this is getting released on Switch? Along with Yooka Laylee it's my most wanted title.

It's on 81 at Metacritic so can't be too bad! Any word on when this is getting released on Switch? Along with Yooka Laylee it's my most wanted title.

The game really needs a patch. I've been playing the PS4 version over the weekend and the framerate is all over the place. It really takes away the immersion when the character starts stuttering. The horizontal camera also feels a little weird. It's as if it's moving through treacle or has some kind of input lag. It's hard to explain.

The developers have reached out to the PC community to ask for help in sorting out any bugs/fixes that need sorting by reporting them to the team. However, there has been no word about sorting out the issues both on the PS4 or One.

The game itself is pretty good, if a little slow. The puzzles seem a little easy and nothing has taxed my brain so far. The soundtrack is outstanding, though.

Hopefully by the time the Switch version has arrived that these issues have been sorted for it's launch. There will be no excuse for performance problems on the Switch given the extra time they've had and seeing what problems are on the other devices.

Here's hoping the port is good.  Supposedly had some performance issues on other platforms, but Tantalus do good work, so I'm confident that it's in good hands.

34 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Here's hoping the port is good.  Supposedly had some performance issues on other platforms, but Tantalus do good work, so I'm confident that it's in good hands.

I dunno, TP HD port had pretty rough framerates at times.

Yeah, there were framerate problems on the other platforms. Sometimes it would seem to drop for no real reason.

I played, finished and platinumed the game last month on the PS4. Gameplay wise the game is ok, nothing special. The music is what really stands out and helps bring the game together. Had the soundtrack not been as good as it was, I think the game really would have suffered because of it. I won't spoil anything but will just say that the ending of the game is fantastic. I hope those you do decide to pick it up have a good time with it.

• Like 1

Saw this for £25 today in Grainger Games. Imagine that by the time the Switch edition launches it will be £15-20 on PS4. I'll probably pick it up when it hits a similar price on Switch. I do love the look of it but it's definitely a B-Tier game that I'm happy to pay £15-20 for. 

Oh I didn't notice there was this thread so I'll cross post my review: http://n-europe.com/reviews/rime

There are technical issues, although having not played other versions I can't compare. It's noticeable but I found the rest of the game enjoyable enough it didn't dampen it for me.

• Thanks 1

Aww, though it's good, I think I'll wait for either a patch or a discount then. But I'll definitely play it!

It's a shame that it's noticeably worse than the other versions, I was hoping that the Switch version might be the definitive one. Still I'm glad that I waited, look forward to playing it once I'm done with Mario. Though I've realised that the first game I play after Mario is going to feel as janky as hell after the freedom of movement on offer in Odyssey so I'll play something else first as a palette cleanser.

6 hours ago, killthenet said:

It's a shame that it's noticeably worse than the other versions, I was hoping that the Switch version might be the definitive one. Still I'm glad that I waited, look forward to playing it once I'm done with Mario. Though I've realised that the first game I play after Mario is going to feel as janky as hell after the freedom of movement on offer in Odyssey so I'll play something else first as a palette cleanser.

Do you not have another console or PC? The game will be cheaper on that and run much better.