NEurope
Ronnie

Rime

IGN put up an exclusive re-reveal trailer just a few minutes ago.

Confirmed for Switch, PS4, XBO and Steam

Edited by Ronnie

Still looks good, very Ico inspired. Hopefully the gameplay is solid, would be great to have a nice puzzle platformer on the Switch.

It's had a definite visual downgrade. Having had games like The Witness and with Breath of the Wild on the near horizon it feels a bit like it's missed its window... but still interested.

Rime looks great, I'll definitely get it.

I like that it doesn't take the usual combat approach - not having a sword will mean full focus on exploration and puzzles, and more sense of danger in some situations.

Visually very impressive, some of that video above has real wow factor.

Beautiful game, I'm getting a very relaxed vibe from it. It's on my Must have list, anything that reminds me of Wind Waker and Ico can only mean great things.

It does look extremely like ICO, but that's not a bad thing. I can't believe we can now play something like this on a handheld!

Rime comes out on 26th May.

Tequila Works' once PlayStation exclusive puzzle adventure game is set for PC, PS4 and Xbox One in both physical and digital form, priced £29.99.

Shortly after, Rime launches on Nintendo Switch also as a physical and digital release, but this time priced £39.99.

Eurogamer.net

If it ends up running with parity to the other versions, I'll buy it on Switch.

But if not, it may well end up being another title taking up space on the Playstation tower.

Either way, the game looks good not taking into account the price difference. :)

Though I do hope prices of multiformat games level out over time, just like the prices of other formats have now that some time has passed.

Love the graphical style of this game.

Hmm, I was hoping for £20 max really. Will definitely get it at some point but will likely wait for it to drop in price unless it turns out to be an absolute must have.

Fucking disgusting. I won't be buying this now. Hope it bombs. Cunts.

It's disgusting, but then it's the same with Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Really? That's a bit harsh. Especially if you actually want the Switch to be a success.

Grey Box has commented on it:

Rime is due out later on Switch than other platforms, and when it does, it’ll be $10 more. Grey Box has since commented on the price increase with Eurogamer.

“We set prices for our products based on the costs of development and publishing for each specific platform,” the publisher said.

Rime on Switch will be the same as other versions, “though with the added freedom to take the adventure anywhere using the Switch’s portable functionality”. Tequila Works and Switch-specific developer Tantalus are “investigating the use of Switch-specific features, but we cannot confirm anything at the moment”.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/grey-box-on-why-rimes-switch-version-costs-more/

Seems to stem from the fact that Tantalus is working with them as well as spending more time on it due to Switch being new hardware that needs to be learnt. That extra amount should have been spread over all versions, of course. No doubt about it. But stating that you hope it fails? Nah.

@MindFreak You can't expect people just to buy it; people feel pretty cheated by the move. It's arriving later and at an inflated cost which has not been sufficiently justified. If people choose not to buy that's fine because that's their perogative as a consumer.

I'll be picking it up, sometime, when it's discounted by £10.

I do hope it fails. I always wants scammy businesses to suffer. They don't deserve to be in the industry. I genuinely believe that.

But I'm A hypocrite as I'm buying puyo puyo Tetris but that's a ducking joke as well.

I can't believe Nintendo allow them to

@MindFreak You can't expect people just to buy it; people feel pretty cheated by the move. It's arriving later and at an inflated cost which has not been sufficiently justified. If people choose not to buy that's fine because that's their perogative as a consumer.

I'll be picking it up, sometime, when it's discounted by £10.

Of course, I agree, the game shouldn't be more expensive (though PC gamers have always got their games cheaper). As I said, the expense should be covered by all versions not just one.

However, I don't want the game to fail as this is probably the publisher's decision and not the developer's. The game looks good. I'm going to wait for a discount as well but if anyone wants the game at first, get it for another system or wait for a discount. Both sends the message.

Really? That's a bit harsh. Especially if you actually want the Switch to be a success.

Grey Box has commented on it:

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/grey-box-on-why-rimes-switch-version-costs-more/

Seems to stem from the fact that Tantalus is working with them as well as spending more time on it due to Switch being new hardware that needs to be learnt. That extra amount should have been spread over all versions, of course. No doubt about it. But stating that you hope it fails? Nah.

So now they want to punish us for the luxury of playing it on the go.

How many more publishers are gonna try this trick.

Edited by khilafah

I wonder if Nintendo has publisher pricing guidelines which encourage a higher RRP. Some of the prices on other Switch games are more than expected. Possibly testing the water to see if people choose to pay more for a home & portable version in one. Not sure how much the cost of producing cartridges compares to Bluray, it is probably a little higher (but not £10 high).

I can understand them charging more for the physical version due to cart costs, but there's no excuse for a lack of price parity with the digital version when SEGA are doing it with Puyo Puyo Tetris.

But I'm A hypocrite as I'm buying puyo puyo Tetris but that's a ducking joke as well.

I can't believe Nintendo allow them to

The digital version is the same price as the PS4 version, so that's perfectly fair. Tequilla Works have no excuse to not offer the same courtesy.

Edited by Dcubed

I can understand them charging more for the physical version due to cart costs, but there's no excuse for a lack of price parity with the digital version when SEGA are doing it with Puyo Puyo Tetris.

The digital version is the same price as the PS4 version, so that's perfectly fair. Tequilla Works have no excuse to not offer the same courtesy.

A cart does not cost £10, and also didn't impact the 3DS... if this is common it's going to be awful news for 3rd parties yet again...

As for Puzo puyo, I'm pretty sure only in America is it the same price as PS4, in UK/EU it's still £10 more

Good news about the price.

First off, the digital version of RiME on Nintendo Switch will now cost $29.99 / €34.99 / £29.99, the same price as the game on other platforms. So, that’s straightforward enough.

For the Nintendo Switch version of RiME, all physical copies will include a printed code for a download of the complete, beautiful soundtrack by David García (a sample of which you can find here). You will be able to download the music via Bandcamp in one of the multiple high-quality formats. The soundtrack is planned on being sold separately for $10 in the US (and equivalent prices elsewhere), and so the value you’re going to get out of this will be the same as somebody who purchased a different version of RiME, and then bought the soundtrack.