NEurope
nekunando

Your 2017 Gaming Diary

My first video game ever! And that comic strip describes it perfectly :laughing: Such a weird game...but very fun. It had some awesome tunes, too.

Was in the mood for a SNES game and decided to play Mega Man X. Never played it before and holy smokes...what a freaking glorious game.

Good old Mega Man gameplay but everything cranked up to 1000 :awesome: Awesome graphics, great music, cool enemy and level design...Enjoyed it very much, even though it was easier than the NES games. Started and finished it today :)

Currently Playing

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Multiplayer (PS4)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Multiplayer (PS4)

Stardew Valley (PS4) long-term playthrough

Ghost Recon: Wildlands (PS4) co-op playthrough

The Witness (PS4)

Steins;Gate (PSVita)

Completed

January

Titanfall 2 (PS4) IDbttgi.gif - GotM

Color Guardians (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PSVita) IDbttgi.gif

Super Mario World (SNES)

Super Mario Land (GameBoy)

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GameBoy)

Shovel Knight (PSVita)

Actual Sunlight (PSVita)

February

Dishonored 2 (PS4)

Nioh (PS4) - GotM

March

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU)

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) IDbttgi.gif - GotM

God of War III Remastered (PS4)

The Witness (PS4)

Shadow of Mordor (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Shadow Complex Remastered (PS4)

April

Mega Man X (SNES)

Platinum Trophies I might get sometime

Shovel Knight (PSVita)

Nioh (PS4)

Dishonored 2 (PS4)

God of War III Remastered (PS4)

Put on hold

Seraph (PS4)

Megaman X is one of my favourite games of all time. Everything about it is amazing. The sprite work, soundtrack, power ups, bosses, everything is just outstanding.

I would love a X HD collection. I have the GameCube collection on US import but I'd like it to be given the HD treatment.

I bought a Mega Man X Snes cart a year or so ago but apart from testing it works I havent actually got around to playing it properly. I really should!

Megaman X is one of my favourite games of all time. Everything about it is amazing.

It really is. I started it this morning and couldn't put it down. It has become one of my favourite games, too.

Megaman X is one of my favourite games of all time. Everything about it is amazing. The sprite work, soundtrack, power ups, bosses, everything is just outstanding.

I would love a X HD collection. I have the GameCube collection on US import but I'd like it to be given the HD treatment.

I bought a Mega Man X Snes cart a year or so ago but apart from testing it works I havent actually got around to playing it properly. I really should!

It really is. I started it this morning and couldn't put it down. It has become one of my favourite games, too.

Geez, you lot are making me want to play it as well.

I did enjoy Mega Man 2, but found Mega Man 3 a bit too frustrating for my tastes.

If you get the oppertunity I recommend you play through X3 (Saturn version was my favourite ) and X4. X2 is highly regarded but it didn't do anything for me. X5 is when the series starts becoming a bit of a mess.

I think X4-6 are on the US PSN store. Shame the Vita region swapping is a pain in the backside otherwise I would have snapped them up. I imagine they would look great on the Vita screen.

Just finished Kingdom Hearts II on PS2. Took a photo of the results screen at the end having finished the game at Level 56/57.

C8P5bVyXkAAXtZV.jpg

Overall some tricky fights, mainly the Xaldin fight and the first phase of the second part of the final fight, but it wasn't really anything that I got stuck on for a really long time like the second phase of the final fight in the first game. And that sums it up really, the game is rather easy overall and just mashing X and upgrading your abilities throughout the game leads to some ridiculous combos.

However, I do understand why I've seen people have Axel in their signatures on gaming websites so often.

Next up, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Better late than never...

A few days ago I downloaded and beat Parappa the Rapper 2 :smile:

250px-PaRappa_the_Rapper_2_Coverart.png

I purchased the PS1 version of the original a couple of years ago and it instantly became one of my favourite rhythm games of all time :hehe: The sequel, however, is only just OK. The music isn't as memorable but that may be due to the fact that I only had to play each song once in order to progress. I never had to repeat anything and the game seemed overly generous and forgiving.

Just finished Kingdom Hearts II on PS2. Took a photo of the results screen at the end having finished the game at Level 56/57.

C8P5bVyXkAAXtZV.jpg

Overall some tricky fights, mainly the Xaldin fight and the first phase of the second part of the final fight, but it wasn't really anything that I got stuck on for a really long time like the second phase of the final fight in the first game. And that sums it up really, the game is rather easy overall and just mashing X and upgrading your abilities throughout the game leads to some ridiculous combos.

However, I do understand why I've seen people have Axel in their signatures on gaming websites so often.

Next up, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Better late than never...

Yeah, I love Axel/Lea, hence my quote above my trophy avatar.

I'm looking forward to playing KH2 again. I just got the platinum for Dream Drop Distance, so I've picked up KH 1.5 & 2.5 Collection on the PS4. I'll be jumping straight to KH2 though as I finished the first game on my PS3 just last year.

If you get the oppertunity I recommend you play through X3 (Saturn version was my favourite ) and X4.

Will do : peace:

But for now it's time for Chrono Trigger. Started it 1 1/2 hours ago and couldn't put down :D Can't believe I never played it. Seems to be great, but combat is a little on the easy side. Thinking about it I've actually never come across a difficult JRPG.

But for now it's time for Chrono Trigger. Started it 1 1/2 hours ago and couldn't put down :D Can't believe I never played it. Seems to be great, but combat is a little on the easy side. Thinking about it I've actually never come across a difficult JRPG.

Most JRPGs only become difficult with the post game content and even then you can usually grind your way to victory. Chrono Trigger is ridiculously easy, even by normal JRPG standards. Good game, though.

There are a couple of bosses in the game you can't grind your way out of. Just saying, when you do meet them, don't waste your time grinding, just change your strategy instead.

Chrono Trigger is definitely on the easy side when it comes to RPG's. There's pretty much only one boss that might require some strategy. And it's not the final one. Imaginary points to whoever guesses which one I'm thinking of.

Any RPG Fan should play it though. Battle system works really well, every party member has character and are useful in battles. (That's a rarity)

The soundtrack is gorgeous and the pacing is tip-top. Story is nice and fun too. Some cool twists and "what it's" if you go around doing everything.

Plus it has a Frog named Glenn. Which makes me more than a little biased.

Chrono Trigger is definitely on the easy side when it comes to RPG's. There's pretty much only one boss that might require some strategy. And it's not the final one. Imaginary points to whoever guesses which one I'm thinking of.

I know you're talking about the Golem Twins, but I also think that Lavos' final form is a tricky one. You can't simply power through that deformed Katamari Prince, you gotta go for the bit.

But it is true you don't need to change your party layout or anything, or even restart the battle. You just need to pause and think.

I think I won't play this any further...it's an okay game so far but it doesn't really grab me after the initial impression...I guess I'm not in the mood for a classic JRPG ::shrug: Maybe some other time :)

I'll just play some Modern Warfare Remastered and GhostRecon: Wildlands - Coop until Yooka Laylee is out.

Edited by drahkon

I know you're talking about the Golem Twins, but I also think that Lavos' final form is a tricky one. You can't simply power through that deformed Katamari Prince, you gotta go for the bit.

But it is true you don't need to change your party layout or anything, or even restart the battle. You just need to pause and think.

Got it in one!

I really like how the game subverts the whole "Final Form" trope and has Lavos actually be the tiny thing on the left.

Not to mention the self-imposed challenges you can do with New Game +.

Final Destination, Chrono only, No items!

.I guess I'm not in the mood for a classic JRPG ::shrug:

...he said and decided to finally continue Final Fantasy VII. Managed to get one particular trophy which requires a lot of specific dialogue choices. Thank God this is over and I don't have to pay attention to it any longer...

Two missable trophies left for which I will consult a guide and after that I'll play the game at my own pace.

Need to read up on the story so far as it's been 1 1/2 years since I've started my playthrough...and because it's my first I don't remember any of it.

Sadly I couldn't avoid one big spoiler so I know one thing that will happen. Anyone who frequents video game sites can't avoid that spoiler, I guess :D

...he said and decided to finally continue Final Fantasy VII. Managed to get one particular trophy which requires a lot of specific dialogue choices. Thank God this is over and I don't have to pay attention to it any longer...

Two missable trophies left for which I will consult a guide and after that I'll play the game at my own pace.

Need to read up on the story so far as it's been 1 1/2 years since I've started my playthrough...and because it's my first I don't remember any of it.

Sadly I couldn't avoid one big spoiler so I know one thing that will happen. Anyone who frequents video game sites can't avoid that spoiler, I guess :D

You're playing a superior JRPG now. You chose wisely!

You could always watch a youtube video of the cutscenes up until the point you are in the game as long as you remember what point you are at. I did that with Xenoblade X and it really helped in the end.

Anyway, got started on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch). This game is already proving quite addicting although if I had to describe it so far it feels like Zelda meets Dark Souls meets Shadow of the Colossus meets Lost, all set in an open world. Already had at least 5 Game Overs and only just got to the point where I can pay for and name my horse. It was also a very different experience when the first thing I had a chance to pay for I had 0 Rupees. They're going to be so hard to find now and...

C8hK20VVYAAp7yM.jpg

OH NO!!!

Also been playing Fast RMX on the Switch. Has taken a while for me to get used to how the game mechanics work and been ages since I played F-Zero GX but I think I'm starting to get a feel for the gameplay. Finished the first cup in the game and tackled the one you unlock for doing it afterwards. Probably going to do all the tracks before I even try online so that I have a feel for what I'm doing.

You're playing a superior JRPG now. You chose wisely!

I've been enjoying it a lot more, too. I guess I'm just used to more complex JRPGs and Chrono Trigger seems to be very simple.

Apparently there isn't a lot of plot in the first few hours :D It's basically a matter of: What's going on, why did he do that, who is he, what's his goal, etc.?

Looking forward to seeing where it's all headed.

Still a shame that I know that one thing, though...Should've just played the game before the internet became easily accessible :laughing:

My first video game ever! And that comic strip describes it perfectly :laughing: Such a weird game...but very fun. It had some awesome tunes, too.

I think it was for me too! Amazed when I think how much I struggled as a child to play it; I imagine I could ace it pretty quick these days(he says...getting tempted...;)). I agree on the tunes too - I used to love the kick in of the World 2 theme and one of the reasons I wanted to beat World 3 so hard everytime was just to get to the awesome asian theme of World 4!

Given that I'm playing a lot of Mario Run atm it feels a very apt game to think about going back to considering it was probably my first introduction to our favourite italian plumber!

Have just this minute completed Horizon: Zero Dawn. What a game, what an experience. Gave my thoughts in the Horizon thread, but all i can say is this is one fine piece of work.

Best thing about Final Fantasy VII's plot is how everything takes on a whole new meaning once the plot twists reveal themselves. That to me is a sign of a great story.

Managed to made some progress with Final Fantasy VII. Finished Part 1.

That moment arrived. Couldn't avoid the spoilers for it so it didn't come as a surprise.

Aeris died. What I didn't know: She was killed by Sephiroth. It's a weird thing, though, because she tried to stop "Meteor" (if I understand correctly) and now I'll most likely never know how she was going to do that (unless it'll be explained later

Can't wait to see how the story plays out. A lot of questions have been raised with the plot development so far.

Bought Sniper Elite 3: Ultimate Edition. Played the first mission and I love it :D Will wait until my mate decides to buy it or not. If he does we'll play the campaign in coop. If he doesn't I'll just play it alone.

Edited by drahkon

Bought Sniper Elite 3: Ultimate Edition. Played the first mission and I love it :D Will wait until my mate decides to buy it or not. If he does we'll play the campaign in coop. If he doesn't I'll just play it alone.

I bought Sniper 3 last year. The first part seemed fun sniping people seemed like dumb fun but then as soon as the stealth stuff kicked in I lost all interest and never went back to it.

I bought Sniper 3 last year. The first part seemed fun sniping people seemed like dumb fun but then as soon as the stealth stuff kicked in I lost all interest and never went back to it.

I love stealth stuff so the game's right up my alley :D

Really hope my mate buys it. Would love to play the campaign with him.