NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Weight Loss & Fitness 2017

Final weigh in came in at 12% body fat. Pretty pleased with that. 2 weeks all inclusive holiday on Friday to ruin it all, then get back on it.

2 km row 7:09. Quite pleased as my fastest 1 km row is 3:27. Apparently, sprint row is not really my thing.

2 km row 7:09. Quite pleased as my fastest 1 km row is 3:27. Apparently, sprint row is not really my thing.

Should have just stopped after 1km.

Should have just stopped after 1km.

When rowing that is always true. But if you refer to the times, I think you need to do the math again. :P

I was of course interpolating, assuming you gradually slowed down over the two km....

...yes.

I've definitely noticed some improvement in my lats. I love being able to do lat pull downs again and I'm also throwing in some pull ups and chin ups, too.

Might have to invest in some dumbbell handles for the Olympic weights, as I only have them for standard weight. Money, though.

@Raining_again, a quick question: Have you had experience with alcohol during keto?

If you haven't, here's my advice: Don't fucking do it.

I drank yesterday and holy smokes I feel like shit now. I've never had a hangover in my life, sometimes a very mild headache but really nothing serious.

Today is horrible. I can't eat, I feel like throwing up all the time, I'm tired but can't sleep...and I didn't even drink that much.

Read up a bit on alcohol during keto and it seems that the hangovers are insane...agree.

If you haven't, here's my advice: Don't fucking do it.

I drank yesterday and holy smokes I feel like shit now. I've never had a hangover in my life, sometimes a very mild headache but really nothing serious.

Today is horrible. I can't eat, I feel like throwing up all the time, I'm tired but can't sleep...and I didn't even drink that much.

Read up a bit on alcohol during keto and it seems that the hangovers are insane...agree.

oh crap i'm sorry I really should come here more often.

Yeah apparently you really don't wanna mix keto with drinking.... I've always carbed up for that very reason. I'm not generally a huge drinker between hemachromatosis & the fact it *really* flares up the arthritis/iron fist.

Drop me a PM if you want, I post on twitter and the book of face a fair amount if you're ever needing a chat/advice/keto bants, and I don't mind adding ya. (as I see you seem to have been through a fair bit of crap recently :hug:)

--

In my keto-life, I have been doing rather well. i did a carb up meal, yesterday evening. Not on purpose, life got in the way and i used it as an experiment. Don't feel too bad, no significant gain on scales (what?!). I am having some digestive issues, as its a bit of a shock to the system after having no carbs for 5 weeks.

I didn't get the huge hit of dopamine that I usually get from eating shitloads of junk food, which was EXTREMELY ODD and almost unnerving. Asides the digestion issues I have seamlessly gone back into early stage keto (bad breath metal taste yadeyah) and I feel totally fine. No "keto flu" as i'm good with my electrolytes.

I don't feel like I needed it as a "treat" or a "boost" to keep going. I don't want to do it again (unlike in other diets, i've finished my cheat meal and ready to plan the next one lol). I got bloat and a big rush of leptin and i'm feeling good.

I started at 127.8kg, down to 119.3kg so that's pretty decent going so far. Kinda hoping to get under 110kg for my holiday mid september.

oh crap i'm sorry I really should come here more often.

Yeah apparently you really don't wanna mix keto with drinking....

No worries. :)

Indeed...the day after drinking was horrible. Not going to do that again until I'm done with keto (in 3-4 weeks).

early stage keto (bad breath metal taste yadeyah) and I feel totally fine. No "keto flu" as i'm good with my electrolytes.

I haven't experienced any of the "keto symptoms". I'm only 1 1/2 weeks in, though. Not sure when it's supposed to start.

I started at 127.8kg, down to 119.3kg so that's pretty decent going so far. Kinda hoping to get under 110kg for my holiday mid september.

That's awesome : peace: Keep it up.

After 6 days of keto I lost a little less than 2kg. It's the water loss in full effect.

On Wednesday it will be two weeks after I started. Tomorrow, again before the bloodplasma donation, I'll weigh myself. We'll see if I lost some more weight.

Haven't gone to the gym in a week now. Not in the mood because of a certain "thing" happening recently...need to get back to working out soon, though.

No worries. :)

Indeed...the day after drinking was horrible. Not going to do that again until I'm done with keto (in 3-4 weeks).

I haven't experienced any of the "keto symptoms". I'm only 1 1/2 weeks in, though. Not sure when it's supposed to start.

That's awesome : peace: Keep it up.

After 6 days of keto I lost a little less than 2kg. It's the water loss in full effect.

On Wednesday it will be two weeks after I started. Tomorrow, again before the bloodplasma donation, I'll weigh myself. We'll see if I lost some more weight.

Haven't gone to the gym in a week now. Not in the mood because of a certain "thing" happening recently...need to get back to working out soon, though.

mate totally understandable. "keto flu" usually hits you straight away and is worse the more water you drink - as you are flushing the elctrolytes out, so need to replenish with more. It can happen on day 1 or day 100.

Try to keep to your diet and exercise as much as you can. It wont feel worth doing anything but the exercise will help your mood, and you'll only regret giving up completely. You don't have to be 100% and thats ok.

"Fucked up" my keto earlier than expected.

Wanted to slowly get back to carbs during next week but I was at a football tournament today and some fuckface tackled me into oblivion in the first match. I was annoyed and started to drink lots and lots of beer and eat everything I'm not supposed to eat :D

I don't really care, though...haven't been in a good place the past few days and I needed this. ::shrug: 

I have lost just over 10kg, since the 1st may...

But my joints are fcked. Getting to the point where I am noticing it on a daily basis. 

My general health is pretty poor, especially since I had glandular fever (i think that was just the straw that broke the camels back) but I kinda hoped losing weight would put it on the backseat for a while.  Least the docs can't blame it solely on my weight as they usually do.... hurrah.  I was actually almost pain free when i weighed my heaviest?!

If this is my thirties I dread to think what my forties will bring...

Managed a 82 kg full squat clean today. I've done some power cleans that are heavier previously but this is my heaviest full squat clean ever. The form was quite good but apparently I have a bad habit of stopping a bit in my movement just above the knees when doing full cleans which is a bit weird. Effectively, I could just as well do hang cleans instead.

have been off keto since friday night (its now sunday evening) and i am actually horrified at how bad I feel.  I haven't slept well since, I'm waking up in chronic pain again, and im just so tired.  I didn't realise how much crazy energy I had on keto til it was gone. Am having a chippy with parentals & sister tomorrow so after that im back on board the keto train.

Am surprised at how much im not enjoying eating chocolate/junk now.  Like I'm just not getting any kind of dopamine etc rush from eating like I used to and it now just feels unneccesary.  Hmph.

I've put on 4kg since I stopped keto too, but thats all water weight

I've been feeling really shitty about myself recently.  I know my overall weight is fine, but it is all sitting on my stomach and just getting me down.  I know I need to exercise more but either life things come up, or I'm wearing myself out by doing lots of other things or there's medical issues (be they colds or my persistent knee issue) so I can never get in to a rhythm/routine.

I need to improve my diet too, I know that much.  

I ate terribly (no regreeeeettttts) on our holiday and now I'm aiming to get back into shape. I had a shitty cough/chest infection before we left the UK and that hampered my exercise schedule. Back on it now though. :D Feels good.

• Like 1

Had a football match just now. Played for 75 minutes. I'm surprised at how much stamina I still have. Haven't done any cardio for a year now but was still able to sprint until the end. It's obviously a different "kind" of stamina you need compared to a run at a steady pace but still...I'm impressed :D

My arms (especially the forearms) feel like they're about to fall off or are made of mashed potato. Weight trained today and then did some gardening using the long-handled secateurs to get rid of some of the shitty look plant-tree stuff that we have growing here, pulling up roots and all sorts.

A few years ago I got into weights, probably chronicled most of it on here. A year ago when I moved, I put the bench and rack in the garage thinking that would be a great place to work out without taking up any space but... as it turns out, it really killed my motivation. Along with a bunch of other complications, I ended up just totally stopping, and generally getting out of shape again.

But! Over the last couple of weekends I have spent a lot of time tidying my house, throwing things away and making space. Last night I cleaned everything and moved it back into the house, ready to start again. Did some fairly light reps that would pretty much have been initial warmups before, but it felt pretty good to get back into it :D

• Like 2

Signed up to run two half marathons in 3 weeks which start in a couple of months. Scottish Half Marathon on September 24th and then the Amsterdam Half Marathon on the 14th of October. Feels strange to kinda of abandon the gym (still go at least once a week) for running every day but training is going pretty well so far and I'm aiming to get somewhere near the 1 hour 30 minute mark for the first one.

If anyone fancies donating to my charitable cause, would much appreciate it :)

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/fundraiserPortalHome.action

Edited by Jon

For the first time in 9 years, I guess, I just went through a period of 4 weeks without any other exercising than walking up the stairs for five stories once or twice a day. See, I got a son on July 7th and was admitted to the hospital afterwards because he wasn't quite well. So I had neither the energy nor the time for exercising, unfortunately. Now we are home, and he is well, so I went for a run yesterday. Did 3.3 km in 14,5 minutes, not bad for a first run in ages. 

Now to figure out how to add a child into the life balance...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

For the first time in 9 years, I guess, I just went through a period of 4 weeks without any other exercising than walking up the stairs for five stories once or twice a day. See, I got a son on July 7th and was admitted to the hospital afterwards because he wasn't quite well. So I had neither the energy nor the time for exercising, unfortunately. Now we are home, and he is well, so I went for a run yesterday. Did 3.3 km in 14,5 minutes, not bad for a first run in ages. 

Now to figure out how to add a child into the life balance...

Congratulations on becoming a Dad! :D

• Like 1

The cage that I bought has been a superb purchase. Really can't fault it. Love being able to do lat pulldowns again and I've been using the pulley system for a lot of accessory work. Highly recommended if anyone here ever fancies going down the "home gym" route. 

Sign in to follow this