NEurope
Julius

Carrie Fisher passes away, aged 60

My childhood is so aligned with Star Wars, it's probably no exaggeration to say Carrie Fisher was the first actress I became aware of.

Later on, when I was a teenager, I rediscovered the Star Wars films on VHS and noticed how gorgeous she was, particularly in Return of the Jedi.

It was nice to see her in Episode VII, and I guess she was due to be in VIII as well. What a shame - another great celebrity we've lost this year.

My childhood is so aligned with Star Wars, it's probably no exaggeration to say Carrie Fisher was the first actress I became aware of.

Likewise :(

It was nice to see her in Episode VII, and I guess she was due to be in VIII as well. What a shame - another great celebrity we've lost this year.

Well...VIII actually finished shooting in July earlier this year. So, unless anything changes drastically to do with the story - which likely won't be the case, seeing as it's been edited since August and reportedly began scoring work under John Williams earlier this month - we will more than likely get the chance to see her, one final time, in VIII.

Edited by Julius Caesar

Gutted. Star Wars is a massive part of my life and I still remember watching the original all those years ago and thinking of Carrie as an absolute bad ass. I love the character underneath and she was a fine actress. I think it's more gut wrenching as the news was indicating that she was getting better.

R.I.P. Today is a sad day.

I don't know what to say, other than she was a member of the rebel alliance and traitor, but we loved her and she will be missed so sorely

Carrie Fisher and Princess Leia have been in my life longer than most of my close friends have. Today has been a sad day.

We'll get to see Leia one last time next year. Episode VIII is certainly going to be emotional.

Apparently, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher's mum, passed away from a stroke at the age of 84 today.

Just saw the news that Debbie Reynolds has died too, a day later from a stroke, the grief obviously killed her and its just so heart wrenching

Normally I would watch Star Wars to cheer me up, but that's not going to work this time. :(

Horrible news :(. What a sad way to end the year. I will miss my princess deeply :(. May she rest in peace, and may the force always be with her. Here's my tribute to Carrie Fisher :'(.

img_20170101_0002_by_alakdagnirion-datu7rq.jpg

R.I.P to both of them! It broke my heart to hear this!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk