NEurope
Beast

MerrN-E Christmas and a Happy New 2017!

Christmas is just around the corner. I realise that it's pretty late but has everybody got their gifts for people? What did you get? What do you want? Anything special planned?

Hi Animal,

Pretty much have got all presents for everyone and am just finishing off the Xmas card list although have a bunch off Japanese New Year cards to send off soon. Every year I promise myself that I will sort Christmas out soon but it never happens. ::shrug:

This time of year is such a pressure cooker time. There's such a build up to what is effectively one day and there is really no need for that. No wonder some people people break up after Xmas or have family arguments.

As sad as it seems, I always buy myself some presents so no matter what I get I won't be disappointed. I'm not disappointed by what others give me anyway. This year has not been great at all so this year I bought myself a second hand Xbox original along with some cheap games.

I wish everyone here a very Happy Christmas with wishes for a great Nintendo filled New Year! If you are not celebrating Christmas then best wishes for the New Year. See you then!! : peace:

MerrN-E Christmas but not a Happy N-Ew Year...?

Anyway. Just family and the ensuing drama that brings. Nothing out of the ordinary. Kind of worried I'm coming down with something but just need to get through my last day of work today and hopefully get a decent nights sleep.

Presents? Meh I've got...some.

Ha, I was expecting the N-Ew year too! Unless Nintendo are cracking down on the ol' 'New' patents and we're trying to stay out of hot water ;)

Personally I've done close to fuck all this year. Secret Santa bought two days before deadline(smellies for a lady), called my brother and my sister and said let's just fuck off presents cos they're useless arbitrary exchanges we don't need to bother with - and it's so hard to buy for my parents cos they never actually use anything I get them that I'll just get them a bottle of wine. Other than that just part of one surprise group present which is probably the most exciting part of xmas for me. I feel so bah humbug about it all otherwise!

Spending the afternoon at my mum and dad's with my brother and sister I think - interestingly my mum has bought the Pointless board game for xmas which might actually be quite a chuckle. Whenever I pop in on my mum's after work if the traffic's good we catch bits of Pointless/The Chase so I'm actually looking forward to playing(though think it was my brother's suggestion). We did Monopoly a few years back and I tore it apart - my brother clearly got bored/despondent halfway through when he realised he wasn't going to win like he always had done when we were kids and we called an early end to the game after I bankrupted him or mum and then counted up all my assets :D

I dunno how they'll cope with me though. I'm quite a tabletopper and I'm tempted to maybe try taking a few of mine along to theirs - but my parents aren't the quickest off the mark for learning stuff like boardgames and neither's my sister much either but I'm tempted with some potential Codenames(sorry to my sister but she's the handicap extra :p) , maybe Dixit, and maybe something else. I'd like to try their hands at the more deceptive games - but I don't think it's a concept they'll take too too quickly; but I'd love to see just quite how sneaky they really are if they did!

Who've we got as regular tabletoppers here other than @Cube? Is there any particular games you think of that you've tried more with parents/family that worked well/you enjoyed?

Merry Christmas, N-Europe! :D

It's been a veeeeery busy few weeks for us. We've got the keys to our house, but it means that our flat has been full with boxes. Our poor Christmas tree has been surrounded and it only started to look a bit tidier in the days before we left.

We're currently in Belgium and are spending the festive season with @Eenuh's family. Tonight, we're going to see Rogue One! :D

We're spending New Year's Eve in Newport with a friend for her birthday as the two events are being merrrrged into one. After that, it's back to Bournemouth to try and begin making alterations to our place, including pulling up the carpet and replacing it with laminate flooring and ordering the furniture.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, N-E!

The girl got a me PS4. Can't believe it, she smashed Christmas out the ball park.

Merry christmas to all. Hope you've had an amazing day with your loved ones.

Merry Christmas all. Had my first Christmas with the GF in our new home. Was lovely and the two cats loved their Turkey treat at lunch time. :D

Only testing part has been the outlaws spending six weeks with us as they sold their house a week before Christmas. Thankfully the other half's mum's cooking has been sublime and every cupboard has been buckled with cake and biscuits. Every cloud...

Just wish Nintendo had got the Switch out for Christmas. Nothing Nintendo to play this year has felt a bit weird!

Wishing you all prosperity and good health for 2017.

Merry Xmas all! Had quite a quiet one, just me, my Mum & Dad, my brother and my Granny - a far cry from the noise we used to get.

Got everyone what I wanted to get them and my parents chipped in for a PS4 for me, so I'll have to add some of you guys on there soon!

I got a shotgun. Murrica!

Also a brown paper bag with "Do not eat!" Written on it. So obviously....

xwXs2.jpg

It was actually a couple of very nice smelling candles. Also a couple sarcastic shirts, pair of Star Wars socks and a Marty Moose shot glass.

Got my sisters kids a handful of stuff. Generic Lego set, two copies of Animal Crossing, a 1300 piece Lego Millennium Falcon set.

Merry Christmas to all.

Got a few nice things from everyone, including a book with lots of photography from the International Space Station and some after shave courtesy of my girlfriend. Apparantly, there's 1 more present coming this week from her, so i'll look out for that.

Did get a giftcard from LAME, which i've bought PS store credit with to raid the sale (it's about the only thing i'll get from LAME these days, that overpriced store).

Otherwise it's been a decent Christmas so far.

The girl got a me PS4. Can't believe it, she smashed Christmas out the ball park.

Merry christmas to all. Hope you've had an amazing day with your loved ones.

Merry Xmas all! Had quite a quiet one, just me, my Mum & Dad, my brother and my Granny - a far cry from the noise we used to get.

Got everyone what I wanted to get them and my parents chipped in for a PS4 for me, so I'll have to add some of you guys on there soon!

Oooh, get us added up!

My psn is teh_jimzor.

Had a pretty awesome Christmas, although I'm sick as a dog now.

Our Christmas day consisted of 5 locations, 2 meals and a shit-tonne of presents. A breakdown:

Woke up in our house, spent the morning opening our presents to each other (Pokemon Sun for her, Moon for me) and then proceeding to play them.

Drove to my parents' for another round of presents and watching the dog try to open everything, regardless of whether it was his or not.

Walked to my Nan's for yet more presents and to see my cousins and their kids.

Back to my parents for Christmas lunch, which was an amazing roast turkey with all the usuals.

Drove to Maddie's Nan's in Bristol for even more presents and another meal (yet more roast Turkey).

Then we took Maddie's Mum home, where we spent the night.

It was hectic, but pretty rad, with tonnes of amazing food. We left a load of presents at my parents house, which was probably a good thing, as the boot was full on the way back from Bristol.

Some photos from the day:

Some rad figures I got from my parents and nan:

15625997_10158023450100341_3584247625670987900_o.jpg?oh=c0ab947a1c7709fe55c4dc472ac83478&oe=58DDDCFE

Indy wondering why he can't open the rest of the presents:

15676268_10158023918375341_1076836862905383339_o.jpg?oh=aad3c1e6ef78c271d77c6de019986d70&oe=58DDD021

And I also opened up a new career in Nuclear Safety:

15732310_10158023590605341_5154945189233436980_o.jpg?oh=ee9a302be2ef965a4438ac7af229ddcd&oe=58DBECD6