NEurope
Hamishmash

The Fakémon Strike Back!

Hey. A few years ago I made a popular thread here where I posted my Fake Pokémon Designs. The thread is here but most of the content is gone (it can be seen by checking my art blog though - http://hamishmash.tumblr.com/tagged/fakemon/chrono)

ANYWAY! I've come a long way as an artist since then. And I'm attempting it again!

So announcing:

tumblr_ohof7gcjRn1r5ejtko2_500.png

tumblr_ohof7gcjRn1r5ejtko1_r1_500.png

Pokémon Aries Version and Pokémon Libra Version take the Pokémon franchise to the Greek-inspired world of Helado! Seek out the Guardian Pokémon which protect this sacred region and do battle with the mysterious Team Chronos, who which to journey back to alter the history of the Pokémon World!

And to start things off - here is your starters -

tumblr_ogww0cX9HO1r5ejtko1_500.png

And a look at Weeki's line. The others are coming soon!

tumblr_ohw2ovipjg1r5ejtko1_1280.jpg

Weeki, a Starter Pokémon is the Sweet Bird Pokémon. Weeki’s green innards are said to be so delicious, wild Pokémon fight over catching them. This is when they make their getaway.

Kiweed, the Tangy Bird Pokémon, attracts bug Pokémon with its fruity aroma who then get to stuck to its sticky body. It can then eat them at its leisure.

Peapodyx, the Sour Bird Pokémon, gather and hold elaborate fruit juice ceremonies in the woods. Any Pokémon which slips up on the customs gets punished with a jab of Peapodyx’s throwing feathers.

Gonna try and do these more than once a week but I'm a busy boy now with lots of exciting projects so who knows! I am accepting prompts and ideas - but I do have my own plan too.

Edited by Hamishmash
Automerged Doublepost

They look great, but they don't seem to have your unique style that previous designs had...i'm not sure how to describe it though.

I have to wonder if Weeki took any inspiration form the Kikwi??

Good to see you(and the fakeemon) back again!

They look great, but they don't seem to have your unique style that previous designs had...i'm not sure how to describe it though.

I know what you mean. I'm kinda going for a different thing now - before I was thinking "what if I took control of Pokémon and could do what I want" and now I feel more "let's try and make stuff that would fit into how Pokémon currently is". It's much more of a design challenge this time, which is what I want.

I've come a long long way since I first did this. I'm now an animation director in charge of two upcoming tv shows on major networks ... my life is insane and I'm very lucky! But it means I've not been able to draw as much. So doing something like this has really helped!

I have to wonder if Weeki took any inspiration form the Kikwi??

Good to see you(and the fakeemon) back again!

Thanks! I actually totally forgot about the Kikwis and had to google it. So no inspo other than subconscious but it's the same idea - kiwis and kiwi fruit together.

I think a Pokémon game set in Hyrule would be pretty cool.

I know what you mean. I'm kinda going for a different thing now - before I was thinking "what if I took control of Pokémon and could do what I want" and now I feel more "let's try and make stuff that would fit into how Pokémon currently is". It's much more of a design challenge this time, which is what I want.

I've come a long long way since I first did this. I'm now an animation director in charge of two upcoming tv shows on major networks ... my life is insane and I'm very lucky! But it means I've not been able to draw as much. So doing something like this has really helped!

Was gonna say looking at these I feel like your art style and creative direction has possibly changed but I still love it, I'm really really really not in any much of a way a creative person myself but I do love seeing the evolution of artists and their style over time!

Thanks! I actually totally forgot about the Kikwis and had to google it. So no inspo other than subconscious but it's the same idea - kiwis and kiwi fruit together.

I think a Pokémon game set in Hyrule would be pretty cool.

You damn dirty thiefer! Also ignoring the Fakemon for a sec srsly why are you not totally designing new mobs for Zelda and also maybe drawing up some crazy awesome Link/Zelda/other possible protagonist designs??

SO! Question: Who would you choose?

tumblr_oi1krc6uHX1r5ejtko1_1280.jpg

Baaburn, a Starter Pokémon is the Wooly Pokémon. Baaburn’s wooly coat is one of the most prized clothing materials as it not only insulates, but warms up the colder its surroundings.

Baablank, the Wooly Bird Pokémon, is far more protective of its wool then Baaburn. Baablanks love their warm wool so much that they often steal wool from other Baablanks to increase it’s mass.

Baacadia, the Wild Pokémon, roams the Heladian countryside playing tunes with its pipe-like horns. It is said to keep hikers and campers warm on cold nights by lighting them a fire and making scarves from its wool.

tumblr_oi1kygATB71r5ejtko1_1280.jpg

Pakadamp, a Starter Pokémon is the Faucet Pokémon. Pakadamps are sometimes sent to dry parts of the world to help people get water. Their trunk produces the cleanest water in the world.

Elefoam, the Hose Pokémon, can fire water out of its trunk at any temperature and consistency. People have started hiring them for trendy new “Bubble Parties”.

Truntruk, the Firefighter Pokémon, are often called out to save burning buildings. Over the years, this role has made them develop flashing tusks and a cry which resembles the siren of a firetruck.

Edited by Hamishmash

That's a relief, i thought you were trying to spell fascist.

tumblr_oix4usVMnO1r5ejtko1_1280.png

Professor Olive transferred from Unova in order to study the history of Pokémon and their relationship with humans. Heladas was once home to one of the first civilisations which trained and battled Pokémon and he hopes to discover how Pokémon were different thousands of years ago. He also works at the Pokémon University in Omega City where he’ll give new students their Starter Pokémon.