NEurope
Eenuh

Last of Us Part II

I think the story of Last of Us Part II might end up being more interesting than the story in Last of Us Part II.

(It's going to be good and entertaining but not particularly groundbreaking, let's face it :p) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I think the story of Last of Us Part II might end up being more interesting than the story in Last of Us Part II.

(It's going to be good and entertaining but not particularly groundbreaking, let's face it :p) 

Yep, I think you're right there Ash... :D

From what I remember when playing the original The Last of Us when it relaunched on the PS4, I definitely enjoyed the game and while the story was good, it's deifnitely more of a game which is sold on the setting and the gameplay mechanics, which definitely presented some interesting moments and setpieces.

As for the story... I really couldn't tell you everything that happened in it, just that there were definitely less characters in the game at the end than there were at the start, so it lives up to its namesake at least and without knowing much about this second part, it's safe to say that there will probably be even fewer characters by the end of this game. :p

(I didn't see any of the spoilers and this is purely a guess from the bleak precedent that was set in the first game)

I'm sure that I'll still enjoy the game though, when I hopefully get to play it but I'm not expecting the story to be stellar even though the acting will surely be great; this will still probably be pretty great in a lot of ways though but it does make me think about the future of games and where a lot of them are trying to go with story-telling etc.

• Like 1

Oh yeah I thought they did a good job with the story and they certainly crafted some nice moments but very few surprising (although affecting). The whole leak story though is full of twists and turns so far though!

• Thanks 1

Limited Edition Pro on the way:

Limited Edition accessories too:

76jyrwhrzpz41.jpg

With the PS5 coming out soon, seems a bit of a tough sell, but hey, still no doubt this will sell well enough. Still find it odd that there wasn't a Pro for FFVIIR...

Edited by Julius

With this fast approaching, I was reminded I'll need to stuck in an order online somewhere for the game as my usual habit of just going into town and picking it up at a store won't be happening any time soon. So has anyone got any recommendations for online stores (Shopto, Amazon, etc.) that are reliable and can get you your game on the day of release? I'm not fussed about getting it early, just wanting to make sure I've got it day and day if possible and it's been ages since I've pre-ordered online for a new release so I don't have any idea who's reliable or not.

I've managed to stay away from pretty much everything about the game, including the leaks and such, but ended up watching that last trailer and it's hot me pumped to play this. I can already hear the sound of my ps4 playing it already. May have to get some ear plugs to go along with it :laughing: but really, it looks fantastic and I was a big fan of the original so can't wait to play this. Going to replay the original in the next week or two to get back into that narrative and head space for all the strife that's come with this sequel.

2 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

So has anyone got any recommendations for online stores (Shopto, Amazon, etc.) that are reliable and can get you your game on the day of release? I'm not fussed about getting it early, just wanting to make sure I've got it day and day if possible and it's been ages since I've pre-ordered online for a new release so I don't have any idea who's reliable or not.

From what I've read/seen, Amazon has been all over the place with game pre-orders for the last year or so, with issues like running out of stock for customers who had pre-ordered well ahead of time, not delivering on release date, etc. Shame, because I remember them being great for it. 

ShopTo is the place that I would wholeheartedly recommend pre-ordering from. I've pre-ordered from them a number of times and get it by release date at the latest, and others here can attest to that too. I've also found their customer service very good if/when there are any issues.

Worth noting that I think they're charging £0.99 for Royal Mail 1st Class delivery on orders under £50 (the default delivery method) when it was previously free, but apparently that's to do with keeping their operation running as smoothly as possible during all of this. 

I've managed to stay away from pretty much everything about the game, including the leaks and such, but ended up watching that last trailer and it's hot me pumped to play this. I can already hear the sound of my ps4 playing it already. May have to get some ear plugs to go along with it but really, it looks fantastic and I was a big fan of the original so can't wait to play this. Going to replay the original in the next week or two to get back into that narrative and head space for all the strife that's come with this sequel.

Yeah, I've managed to steer well clear of it all so far and am playing through the game for the first time (might see credits tonight?). Absolutely loving it. Kind of like you, I'm very concerned about needing to offer my soul to make sure my PS4 doesn't explode with Part II, though! 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Last of Us 2 specific Direct State of Play announced:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Last of Us 2 specific Direct State of Play announced:

Even if it's mainly for advertising purposes, the timing of this this is a little odd to me.

It's one thing to get a deep dive on a new IP with an open world like Ghost of Tsushima, and come away like I've seen so little, but having a State of Play dedicated to a game heavily focused on telling a linear story (even with the leaks aside), just three and a half weeks before release?

I feel like State of Play is mostly watched by gaming fans with their ears a little closer to the ground than most, and the majority of which who would watch this normally are likely already in on the game as it is, so I'm not convinced that this necessarily puts more eyes on the game. Just seems a little odd to me, but hey, maybe another round of previews were originally planned around this time? And if that were the case, I suppose this would be the best alternative given the state of the world. 

I finished the first game just last week and I'll actively be avoiding this, even though I'm all in - I mean, we're so close! - and I doubt I'll be the only one. But hey, if this is the next and last thing on PlayStation's checklist before we get some more PS5 news..? :grin:

Review copies are out there. Embargo lifts Friday 12th June at 12:01 AM PT (08:01 AM BST). 

After the whole backlash from the leaked story elements, dropping reviews a week before release shows a whole lot of confidence from PlayStation/Naughty Dog. 

Don't think we have any real reason to not be optimistic heading closer to release. Spoilers taken out of context always make very little sense and land the wrong way, much more interested in seeing how this all plays out. 

I'm with you on that Julius, seems completely pointless to have an in depth State of Play now. I certainly won't be watching it, not so close to launch - it would surely spoil some important details, better waiting until we can get our hands on it.

On 01/06/2020 at 7:17 PM, Ashley said:

https://www.theverge.com/21274923/the-last-of-us-part-2-accessibility-features-naughty-dog-interview-ps4

This is pretty cool. Naughty Dog has included around 60 different accessibility settings ranging from screen magnification (a use for the touchpad!), audio descriptions to high contrast mode and more.

I heard that one of the accessibility modes removes all that pesky "woke agenda" content so that all the Twitter neckbeards can play it without getting their masculinity in a twist.

Edited by Goafer
  • Haha 2

Ma'am is out for blood on 19 June, 2020! Be careful. Oh, and this game is bigger than Days Gone, from what I heard. Oh my goodness. How is that feat even possible? Much love, folks. :heart:

;) 

20 minutes ago, CrowingJoe79 said:

This Friday! 😮

...next Friday :p 

Unless you're much more excited for the reviews than I would anticipate :laughing:

• Haha 1

Reviews are live. Metacritic currently sitting at a 96 with 76 reviews. 

EaTIm27XYAEaPBJ?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Reviews are live. Metacritic currently sitting at a 96 with 76 reviews. 
EaTIm27XYAEaPBJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Sounds like it's incredible. If I wasn't waiting to buy a PS5 I'd be all over this. 

Got to hand it to Sony, they support their console right up until the end.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 1

This and Dark Season 3 (and Tenet, when that decides to come out) are the only redeeming things about 2020. 

It's been really interesting hearing the breadth of opinion  on this game. Maybe not in a head space for this right now but I'm looking forward to spoiler discussions and I'll still get into it eventually.

I pre-ordered this from ShopTo a while back. How zippy are they usually?