NEurope
Eenuh

Last of Us Part II

9 hours ago, Julius said:

Guess I should probably go play the first one this summer :p

You really should... and this is coming from someone who bought the game twice, couldn't finish it on PS3 for fear of overheating the system and then played it on PS4 properly.

I got it when it came out, played it from start to finish and loved... almost every minute of it, there were certain sections which required multiple tries but I did it. :D

One of the few PS4 games that I have played over the years and it's easily one of the best, so much so that I'm unsure whether or not this sequel will top it.

But it is Naughty Dog so... who knows. ::shrug:

If it does come out on that date then... that will be a pretty good turnaround from reveal to launch considering how much time has surely gone into making this possible.

• Thanks 1

I am playing the first game as I've never actually played it before... but I didn't realise it was as stealth based as it is. 

Is that the template for the whole game? 

These kind of games are not normally my bag, having to try... and retry... and retry... and retry until you get it right. 

I'll admit it's kind of affecting my enjoyment of it currently and I'm not that far into it. 

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

I am playing the first game as I've never actually played it before... but I didn't realise it was as stealth based as it is. 

Is that the template for the whole game? 

These kind of games are not normally my bag, having to try... and retry... and retry... and retry until you get it right. 

I'll admit it's kind of affecting my enjoyment of it currently and I'm not that far into it. 

I'm sorry to tell you but that is what the gameplay is like for most of the game. With resources being so short you have to kind of make the most of what you have, which means in order to keep your goods you need to play the game in a more stealthy manner.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm sorry to tell you but that is what the gameplay is like for most of the game. With resources being so short you have to kind of make the most of what you have, which means in order to keep your goods you need to play the game in a more stealthy manner.

It has really picked up the last 2 or so hours I've been playing, and I am starting to enjoy it more now, stealth an all. :)

52 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

It has really picked up the last 2 or so hours I've been playing, and I am starting to enjoy it more now, stealth an all. :)

Good to hear! It's a fantastic game, especially the narrative and I'm happy it's starting to click for you.

• Like 1

On 03/05/2019 at 7:32 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Good to hear! It's a fantastic game, especially the narrative and I'm happy it's starting to click for you.

4dcf58e960583a63fc77463c303dd2737a365aec

• Haha 2

Just finished the first game. 

I mean, wow. 

After initially not being sure due to the whole stealth element, I really grew to love it.

I don't think I've ever played a game that has paced itself so well in terms of its story. 

The relationship between the two characters is obviously the highlight of the game and I've known that it was the games big selling point for years without actually playing it. But actually experiencing it is a different thing altogether and I was just blown away by it. 

For a remaster, it also looked gorgeous. Can't wait to see what they do with the second game visually. I'm sure it will look even more impressive. 

I'm gutted it is over. Normally with a big story game I can get a bit fatigued and almost wait for the end. With this I wanted it to just keep going and going. Going to be difficult to play anything else now and get the same enjoyment. 

Masterpiece is definitely a word I'd use. 

• Like 5

I also finished the first game last week within a day. The winter season are the hard part for me. Spent a hour repeating a bit cos I kept ran out of ammos. 😂 

Will be in this week's State of Play; apparently the media are getting some behind-closed-doors time with it too. 

I have to imagine that we'll be getting a release date...

Was about to post this.

Not watching the trailer. Don't want to be spoiled :D 

February can't come soon enough...

Edited by drahkon

Oh dang: the cover art too! 

o3wdbfy0tlo31.jpg

EDIT: Apparently subject to change, however worth noting that it is the cover art being used in all promotional material (i.e. different editions of the game) including packaging right now. Weird they didn't just stick with the typical "title on a black background" cover for now, if it is indeed just temporary and subject to change. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2

This is another 2-disc game, could indicate that it's significantly longer than the first game but it's more likely that Naughty Dog need the extra storage space for hi-res assets. 

As for the trailer, it looks fantastic (as expected) though I'm surprised that it's coming out in February. There was a press event yesterday too where plenty of journalists got their hands on it, I think the embargo for that lifts tomorrow afternoon UK time. We didn't get much of a glimpse at new gameplay mechanics in the trailer so the hands on impressions should shed some light on the differences from the original.

Looks good doesn't it.  I'm looking forward to the multiplayer too as it was fab on the original.

• Thanks 1

About online multiplayer:

TnCtY8v.jpg

Got to imagine the trophy hunters will be happy about that, because I seem to recall that TLOU had quite a few difficult online multiplayer trophies. Very glad they addressed this out of the gate. 

Also, looks like the game is set to have a reversible cover:

gtynosq6uzo31.png

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Weird 1

Damn, the multiplayer was sick. Will pick up whatever the canned mode becomes once it's out though.

Yes factions will now be its own IP.  Although I suspect this won't interest many of our fellow n-europers.  

3 hours ago, Cookyman said:

Yes factions will now be its own IP.  Although I suspect this won't interest many of our fellow n-europers.  

There's a chance that I might be interested in factions, I didn't play factions in the original The Last of Us because it was only really the single-player campaign I was interested in.

It's only really the single-player campaign that I'm interested in when it comes to The Last of Us Part II as well but at least this way I think the multiplayer will have more of a chance.

It really depends on how Naughty Dog decides to roll it out though, if it turns out to be a full price game which gives you all of the multiplayer content on day one, it will do well.

If they go overkill with microtransactions then it could go either way but I understand that there was quite a good setup for the previous online modes which worked so it should be fine.

I only dabbled in the multiplayer for some of the Uncharted titles, if Factions is significatly different to that then it might be something that I'd play.

Over the years there have been less and less multiplayer titles on the PS4 or Xbox One which I feel are really worth investing time in.

I'll keep an open mind when it comes to Factions though, if anything I think that Naughty Dog really have a chance to deliver something special with it.

• Like 1

How do you go from announcing a release date at a State of Play, and then 30 days later delaying it? :blank:

Anyway, this has been delayed to May 2020.