NEurope
Eenuh

Last of Us Part II

A lot of people had been hoping/wishing for this game to become a reality at some point, and today we finally got a first look with this trailer.

It looks glorious, and hopefully it will be as great as the first one was. Looking forward to see how this one turns out! :)

That was an awesome trailer. Might not even be a 2018 title but it's easily one of my most wanted game right now.

Ellie is in the main playable character in the game. Just confirmed by Neil at the PSX panel. Also, she's 19 in the game. I

Interesting theory was posted on Gaf earlier. Joel is actually dead, possibly the body on the floor, and Ellie says what he said as she's looking to wipe out those who killed him.

Interesting theory was posted on Gaf earlier. Joel is actually dead, possibly the body on the floor, and Ellie says what he said as she's looking to wipe out those who killed him.

Alternative theory, his little lie from the first game has grown terribly out of control.

Also hating the "Part II" title. Dunno why it just don't do it for me.

Edit - I used to like these kind of games, now... I'm not so bothered about them.

Edited by S.C.G

Gustavo Santaolalla has been confirmed as the composer of the music, which makes me very happy. Loved the music in the first game and in the DLC, and very often listen to the soundtrack on Spotify. Can't wait to hear what masterpieces he produces this time! :D

Great reveal - watching it live was a lot of fun. Was drinking with a mate and we were like, "Is it? Is it? IS IT? YES!"

My one hope is that Ellie is the main playable character this time around. Joel's alright but Ellie's always been the heart and soul of it. Left Behind really benefited from focusing on her for a couple of hours.

Can't wait for this, although I imagine that it will be a long way away.

Great reveal - watching it live was a lot of fun. Was drinking with a mate and we were like, "Is it? Is it? IS IT? YES!"

I remember feeling the exact same during the FFVII Remake reveal

Fuuuuuck yeeeeeeeah!

Gustavo Santaolalla is back doing the music, Ellie focused gameplay and set a few years after the original. This is a dream come true!

Naughty Gods, indeed.

I really didn't need to see some girl having her elbows hammered in :indeed:

Violence purely for shock value. Meh.

You better not buy Friday the 13th then as It's full of violence for shock value!

I thought it looked excellent, have a strong feeling Joel is brown bread though :cry:

1 hour ago, Julius Caesar said:

The animations are on a whole other level! 

Yup. Naughty Dog are doing it again.

And here we thought God of War would be the pinnacle of PS4's graphical capabilities :D

Edit: Of course people are outraged about the kiss. "Shoehorning the gay agenda into everything."
I hate the humanity sometimes.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Wasn't planning to watch this but I caved.. seriously impressive stuff! Love how reactive all the gameplay is. Looks bloody amazing. The state of the world looks interesting too. Hyped

I seem to remember Ellie raging out with an overkill stabbing moment in the first game, but the beheading at the end of the recent demo felt a little gratuitous and out-of-character. Ronnie said something similar about violence in the Death Stranding thread and I was pleasantly surprised he didn't get shot down.

Obviously I'll still be playing the shit out of this but...yeah.

Edited by dwarf
  • Thanks 1

large.jpg

Really pleased to hear this, I wonder if multiplayer will be received with the same apathy as the first on here? #ofcourseitwill

All of the enthusiasm for The Last of Us: Part II is focused squarely on the sequel’s single player campaign, but let’s not forget that the multiplayer in the original – superfluous as it seemed – was bloody good. For many it’s one of the better competitive modes on consoles, and it’s certainly in the conversation – there hasn’t really been anything like it since.

The good news is that it’s coming back. “Factions is coming back,” co-director Anthony Newman told GameSpot. “Multiplayer is coming back. We're not going to talk details yet about what form that takes, but we can confirm there will be multiplayer.”

For many, The Last of Us’ multiplayer rekindled fond memories of the old SOCOM games. You had to scavenge for resources, similarly to the single player campaign – but death was permanent in each round, making every moment matter. It made for a tense experience, and the progression system was also unique, as you attempted to nurture a camp which grew with each round you played.

Edited by Cookyman

Hmm... 

...I could see that supposedly leaked release date from PlayStation Destination having some truth to it. Every time we get an update about this game, I can't help but feel that it's nearing its completion. 

Spoiler

October 25th 2019.

Guess I should probably go play the first one this summer :p

• Thanks 1