NEurope
Hero-of-Time

PlayStation Experience 3rd-4th Dec 2016

I said before that a sequel to The Last of Us would probably push me into getting a PS4. As it turns out, my order from GAME still hasn't shipped but I'm ever more hopeful that my 1TB PS4 with Uncharted 4, The Last of Us: Remastered and Drive Club will be honoured at £179.99 (other people have been sent dispatch emails :hehe:)

In the hope that I do receive it, what a great time to jump into the PS4, especially with Parappa the Rapper getting the HD treatment too :yay:

With the number of PS4 games I'm interested in probably into double figures now, it would be cruel for GAME to pull the rug from under my feet at this stage even if I do fear it will still happen :shakehead

As Parappa would say.. I GOTTA BELIEVE :bouncy:

I missed the live stream so have just been catching up with the various trailers, but yeah, both Yakuza Kiwami & Yakuza 6 being confirmed for the West is amazing! :yay:

Lots of other good stuff too, PaRappa remaster, Ni No Kuni II, NiOh, Gravity Rush 2, Windjammers, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, and LET IT DIE. The trailer for that actually had me laughing out loud. :laughing:

Mental! :D Can't wait to check it out. :bouncy:

*EDIT*

Ooh! Just seen the Nex Machina trailer, another potential winner. :cool:

Edited by RedShell

I've just sat and watched the event again ( wanted to watch it with the PS I Love You guys for Gregs reaction at Patapon ) and I still can't get over the amount of content that's headed our way. It's staggering.

The Wipeout announcement highlighted just how much I appreciate how Sony are listening to people. It may not be a big money maker but it's a nice gesture. I mention this because this is exactly what people have been wanting Nintendo to do with F-Zero. If they aren't gonna make a new version then at least do what Sony is doing here and clean up an older version, slap online on it and there you have it.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

The Wipeout announcement highlighted just how much I appreciate how Sony are listening to people. It may not be a big money maker but it's a nice gesture. I mention this because this is exactly what people have been wanting Nintendo to do with F-Zero. If they aren't gonna make a new version then at least do what Sony is doing here and clean up an older version, slap online on it and there you have it.

A mate basically just said the exact same thing to me and I agree. It is a nice gesture.

With the keynote Sony cemented their strong position once again. The gaming community likes what they've done so far and I doubt this will change anytime soon.

Here's a list of games that have been announced/talked about/shown:

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

The Last of Us Part 2

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

Let It Die

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Destiny (Sparrow Racing)

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Windjammers

Resident Evil 7

Knack 2

Wipeout Omega Collection

Lara Croft Go

PaRappa The Rapper

LocoRoco

Patapon

Yakuza 6 and Yakuza Kiwami

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

Absolver

Ace Combat 7

MLB The Show 17

Ys Origins

Nex Machina

Dreadnought

Gravity Rush 2 (Raven DLC)

Street Fighter V (Akuma DLC)

Nier: Automata

Starblood Arena and Whitemoon Dreams for PSVR

Holy shit!

A mate basically just said the exact same thing to me and I agree. It is a nice gesture.

With the keynote Sony cemented their strong position once again. The gaming community likes what they've done so far and I doubt this will change anytime soon.

The Last of Us Part 2

Let It Die

Destiny (Sparrow Racing)

Windjammers

Resident Evil 7

Knack 2

Wipeout Omega Collection

Lara Croft Go

PaRappa The Rapper

LocoRoco

Patapon

Absolver

Ace Combat 7

MLB The Show 17

Ys Origins

Nex Machina

Dreadnought

Holy shit!

Absolutely pissening. What a crazy amount of games. (you didn't even include all of the PSN games)

Absolutely pissening.

I don't think that word means what you think it means...

That's a Christening with piss. The list is so good for Flink that he's been converted to Christianity while wetting himself.

As in urgggh nooo, too much to play, my poor wallet, etc.

I don't even think I'll get around to playing 3/4s of those.

The Last of Us Part 2

Let It Die

Destiny (Sparrow Racing)

Windjammers

Resident Evil 7

Knack 2

Wipeout Omega Collection

Lara Croft Go

PaRappa The Rapper

LocoRoco

Patapon

Absolver

Ace Combat 7

MLB The Show 17

Ys Origins

Nex Machina

Dreadnought

Holy shit!

I don't think that list of games does anywhere near as much for me as the rest of you but I have been surprised by the amount of games that I'm interested in now that I may potentially have a PS4 this week :smile:

It's got to the point where I'm going to be absolutely gutted if my order isn't fulfilled :hmm:

Yeah, I don't see anything on that list that I want, but it's still quite impressive.

What I'll likely buy from the list...

The Last of Us Part 2

Let It Die

Windjammers

Resident Evil 7

Wipeout Omega Collection

PaRappa The Rapper

LocoRoco

Patapon

Ace Combat 7

Ys Origins

Nex Machina

Most of it, then. :p

I think I'm going to need more shelf space as I count at least eight of those titles will be boxed.

Not that fussed myself but Let it Die is free, and I did like TLoU so probably that particular sequel... anything else I'll wait and see :)

It's got to the point where I'm going to be absolutely gutted if my order isn't fulfilled :hmm:

You should talk to someone at GAME via the live chat section of the website to see what's going on. You could also point them towards the people who have had them shipped.

I'm baffled that people on here arent excited by that list? What the heck do you want out of gaming if nothing on there interests you?

You should talk to someone at GAME via the live chat section of the website to see what's going on. You could also point them towards the people who have had them shipped.

I'm baffled that people on here arent excited by that list? What the heck do you want out of gaming if nothing on there interests you?

I did that a moment ago and apparently it was posted on Saturday so it should be with me soon :smile:

The person I was speaking to provided me with a tracking number, which I thought was for DPD, so I went to the DPD site to check it only for it to return no results. What I didn't realise is that in doing so I accidentally left the window in which I had the chat open so couldn't find out where to use it :blank:

I've typed the code into lots of different couriers but haven't been succesful anywhere! So, while the next about it being posted is certainly encouraging, I'm still left with a shred of doubt given that I don't know where or who it is with!

As for the list, The Last of Us: Part II, Parappa the Rapper and Resident Evil 7 are the games that stand out to me while I'm fairly clueless about much of the rest. That's OK, though, as there are games such as The Last Guardian, Until Dawn and Rise of the Tomb Raider, amongst others, that I would like to play :smile: Even FIFA 17 is looking appealing due to 'The Journey' :eek:

I've lost a lot of interest in single player games lately. I feel like they don't have a lot of heart or joy in them and I often find the experience of playing them just quite... lonely?

Right now I'm really only looking forward to Zelda and Persona 5. Other than those I'll keep playing Destiny and Overwatch with the N-E lot :)

I've only heard of a few of them, and the ones I have heard of aren't my type of game.

It doesn't bother me though, as there are one or two games coming out next year, not on that list, that will keep me going. I only buy like three or four games a year.

I've lost a lot of interest in single player games lately. I feel like they don't have a lot of heart or joy in them and I often find the experience of playing them just quite... lonely?

Right now I'm really only looking forward to Zelda and Persona 5. Other than those I'll keep playing Destiny and Overwatch with the N-E lot :)

Fair enough. Afterall, we are all different and enjoy different things.

I'll always enjoy single player gaming more than multiplayer. I hate having to rely on others for gaming sessions. Don't get me wrong, it is a laugh to play with your mates but I much prefer to be engrossed in a good, story driven, single player campaign.

Also, for me, there are far too many games to be played to just stick with one or two, which is why I think that lineup looks amazing. I tend to ask myself, why bother putting in countless hours on the same thing when I could be playing different experiences? Its why I returned Overwatch today and also traded in Battlefield 1.

And I enjoy a good single player experience too, I just find them all becoming kind of the same experience, now. Sure each one has its moments, but many of them rinse and repeat the same formula. The new Tomb Raider for example, was just a long string of physics puzzles and running away from things that were falling down.

A little weirdness, atmosphere and music from Japanese studios tends to keep me interested a bit more. This is something I'm only discovering recently, as I was up until not long ago an avid fan of the standard blockbuster action adventure type. Or a certain depth in terms of suspension of reality, that'll do it, too. Probably why I'm enjoying Dishonored 2 much more than I did say, Deus Ex.

Otherwise, I probably don't play enough to find myself relying on multiplayer groups that aren't there, there's always people on Overwatch and - in its hay day - there were about 10 of us on Destiny every single night. Those experiences are far more unique to me than most single player because the (forgive me for using this word) banter is always fresh and fun.

That isn't to say I won't play anything else on that list, but nothing's jumping out at me right now.

Also, for me, there are far too many games to be played to just stick with one or two, which is why I think that lineup looks amazing. I tend to ask myself, why bother putting in countless hours on the same thing when I could be playing different experiences? Its why I returned Overwatch today and also traded in Battlefield 1.

Fifa still keeping me occupied until the avalanche of games at Christmas!

Did you even play Battlefield 1? Does Josh know you traded it in?

From the games shown, I'll definitely buy the following at some point after release. I rarely buy games on release, usually holding off a few weeks for the price to drop.

The Last of Us Part 2

Resident Evil 7

Knack 2

Wipeout Omega Collection

This years showing was fantastic, it felt like E3 and it was up there with the games they revealed.

When The Last of Us Part 2 was revealed, me and Hero were in party chat watching it and were like nah, it can't be.

Love this crowd reaction.

@lostmario I played it a few times. I bought it as he kept going on about how he wanted people to play with on it. I had it for over a week and he was never on. No biggie as I paid £32 for it but got £34 back. :)

Yeah, the party chat banter was great. Once the Firefly symbol was shown we went nuts. :D