NEurope
Rummy

'Adventure' themed fancy dress - help!

Hey all,

Sposed to be going to an 'Adventure' themed fancy dress(urgh) birthday this weekend but I'm really struggling for ideas and I'm fast running out of time! I was going to be super basic and just get an Adventure Time onesie(both warm AND practical!) but all delivery estimates for the onlines is basically hitting christmas timings already.

Anyone know where you can get an Adventure Time/Jake onesie on the high street? Alternatively - anyone got any good ideas for 'adventure' that's cheapish quick and easy??

Indiana Jones was the first that came to mind. Should be pretty easy to make (and probably hundreds of cheap costumes on ebay/amazon/any costume shop).

Or get some sort of gimp costume and go as Sexually Adventurous.

Or get some sort of gimp costume and go as Sexually Adventurous.

Haha, amusingly I think the birthday girl would actually really appreciate the joke in it; but I'm not prepared to go gimping in Bermondsey on a Saturday night just quite yet!

Indiana Jones did come into my mind first but then I also thought too many other people might do it - and better than me too!

My sister went to a fancy dress party years back and they had a competition on for it, she came in second to a guy dressed as a stingray, the spike on his tail went through an inflatable doll dressed as Steve Irwin!

Shocking, but enough to win first place! Haha

How aboutthe teacher from the Magic School Bus? Could carry around around a little toy bus. Not a quick and easy costume though.

Mr Benn would be an easy one (sure you've got a black suit, just need a bowler hat). Might be a bit obscure though.

Or any sort of pirate.

Adventure Time, clearly. Think Forbidden Planet do some of the clothing but heading there later, will try and look.

Screw the onesie, go for sexy Finn. You could pull it off: http://rebloggy.com/post/finn-the-human-adventure-time-finn-hot-guys-adventure-time-cosplay-sexy-finn-fin/34191637224

(NSFW maybe? Or at least might be awkward to explain if seen)

Or if you want easy Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Edited by Ashley

Take dice with loads of sides, then every so often throw them and say "Interesting..." and write something down.

Neckbeard optional.

Or you could be a choose your own adventure where you go up to random people and give them two options for you to do and you do whatever they say.

Or you could be a choose your own adventure where you go up to random people and give them two options for you to do and you do whatever they say.

Haha, loving the Sexy Finn and Mario brothers!

Actually slightly loving the idea of letting people make my choices for the night, kinda like they're the player and I'm an NPC. It could go terribly, but I might actually do it in conjunction with something costumey!

I've got a Jake onesie ordered but I don't think it'll arrive(looked in a Primark last night, no joy) so I may end up just pirating it or something in that end. Think I'll attempt to raid fancy dress places on Saturday morning or something with Marcamillian(also in a similar position to me).

I'd have loved if I'd given it enough time and thought to try and throw one of Winston's explorer outfits together from Overwatch.

Haha, loving the Sexy Finn and Mario brothers!

Actually slightly loving the idea of letting people make my choices for the night, kinda like they're the player and I'm an NPC. It could go terribly, but I might actually do it in conjunction with something costumey!

I've got a Jake onesie ordered but I don't think it'll arrive(looked in a Primark last night, no joy) so I may end up just pirating it or something in that end. Think I'll attempt to raid fancy dress places on Saturday morning or something with Marcamillian(also in a similar position to me).

I'd have loved if I'd given it enough time and thought to try and throw one of Winston's explorer outfits together from Overwatch.

You could really lean in to it and outside of choices you give people just use the same five sentences. Although they'd have to be the right audience to get that.

I did spot Adventure Time DMs in TK Maxx if you really want to go for it :heh:

You could just get a white t-shirt and write "Choose your own adventure" on it.

Or maybe make a cardboard book cover, and have a cutout for your head, so it looks like you're on the front cover.

First you offered to be his boyfriend on Facebook and now you're telling him he could be a cover model. No chill Moogle, no chill.

Why not dress up in workmen trousers, a rugged mountaineer coat, sling some rope round your shoulder, carry a fake axe, knife etc and go as Bear Grylls? to complete the look have a water bottle filled with cloudy lemonade labelled as piss

I really like that one actually ^ cheap if you have a decent hiking coat already!

For everything that comes up as a slight issue... "oh, we're out of limes? Time to drink my own piss..."

Edited by Shorty