NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

What's allowed in General Chit Chat now?

Anything!

There's been some bizarre misconception amongst some people that we have been keen to police new threads, to force them into bigger, "megathreads" etc. This has never been the case! In fact, quite the opposite, we encourage new threads whenever one seems like a good idea. A few people lately have started threads with "I'm not sure if this is supposed to be here" or "I'm not sure if this is meant to have its own thread" (*cough* @ReZourceman) when it's actually what we like to see the most.

Tech Chat, Creative and Playground have all been merged into General Chit Chat too. I'm sure it's clear but the idea of that is not to quash these topics but to put them all in the same place. Want to show off your photography, or art work? Or just your new forum signature? General Chit Chat is fine. Got a tech question or want to talk mobile phones? Gen chit chat. Same for forum games, mafia etc, go nuts.

Of course Nintendo threads should be in the Nintendo board and threads relating to other consoles and their games have their place too. General gaming still has its place, for now.

Never shy away from a new thread!

I for one like having fewer subforums to never check ever, but disapprove of starting new threads when anything anyone could want to post can be bent to fit into threads that already exist.

Of course Nintendo threads should be in the Nintendo board and threads relating to other consoles and their games have their place too. General gaming still has its place, for now.

Online Gaming?

Appreciate the opinion but it does no good for us drawing in new users. I also think from a usability standpoint it's no use to existing users, either. 2 threads containing every bit of good and bad news that happens in our lives hides a large amount of the forum's content in previous pages nobody is ever going to peruse, and as such people might easily miss content they could contribute to. It makes the page look more stagnant, too.

Online Gaming, I have no idea why a separate board for that survived the previous merge, an oversight I think.

Indeed the online gaming forum was supposed to be closed ages ago. I've moved the threads that have been active this year into the Nintendo forum and moved the forum to the archive parent forum.

So whenever I see a hot person I can create a thread for him/her?

I've told you before you can't keep creating threads about me!

I'm joking of course, I know you were really thinking of nightwolf/yourself.

Maybe you need a /f at the end of your post :p

I think it would be easier for him to put it in his sig.

Sign in to follow this