NEurope
The Cape

Westworld (TV series)

Yessssss. Really excited to see how they plan to move the story forward in season 2. :D

I need a woman who can ride me the way Evan Rachel Wood rides that horse.

I received my blu-rays yesterday, and pretty much watched it in 1 go. It's fantastic.

• Like 2

Time to stay away from anything related to Westworld now...only a matter of time until fans figure out the complete plot of Season 2 just from that trailer.

I thought we'd be waiting until next year, but this is surprising.  Bring on April.

What a way to open Season 2. The stage has been set. Can't wait to see where it's all heading.

Good first episode. 

I thought that once i'd watched it, it would be safe to go and read some of the write-ups about it, but I'm really worried about reading any of the fan theories in case one of the turns out to be true; kind of a spoiler by trial and error.

Don't really see how it took 2 weeks for any kind of response to show up - I wonder if it gets explained.

• Like 1

Just watched Episode 3 and 4. Spectacular stuff.

Don't have any theory at all with regards to what it's all about. As soon as I thought I had an answer the show threw something at me that didn't make sense to me. Love it :D

• Like 1

Episode 5 of Season 2 is one of the best episodes of any series I have ever watched.

Sorry Game of Thrones, as good as you are, Westworld is ahead of you.

Episode 5 of Season 2 is one of the best episodes of any series I have ever watched.

Sorry Game of Thrones, as good as you are, Westworld is ahead of you.

I wouldn't go that far, GOT still has some of the best episodes, but this one was very good.

Nice change of scenery in Samurai World, very refreshing.

Surely Maeve is a bit OP now though? Somethings going to have to happen to her.

1 minute ago, bob said:

I wouldn't go that far, GOT still has some of the best episodes, but this one was very good.

To each their own.

I thought ep 5 was perfect in every sense (acting, pacing, audiovisual presentation, plot development). Something Game of Thrones hasn't been able to achieve in any single episode, in my opinion.

Maybe put the last part of your post in spoilers? It doesn't give away too much, but it could be a little spoilery for some.

Oh my God.

Spoiler

Ford is back. :peace: We're getting close to some answers.

• Like 1

Episode 9 gave me the chills so many times...great dialogues, great plot, great acting. Unbelievably good.

I’m finding this season to be a bit of a mess compared to the first.

Spoiler

The writers think they can keep using the same out of sync narrative as the first season but it really doesn’t work this time as a) there are too many timelines to keep track of this season, rather than the two in the first and b) it lacks the final revelation and pay off that we got in the first. I can mostly follow what is going on, but I feel some things are cryptic just for the sake of it. 

The other problem I have with it is that the hosts’ characters, with the exception of Teddy, have become really uninteresting since they became sentient. Dolores was a fascinating character, we still see glimpses of it in flashbacks, but now she’s just a monotone, gun toting bore. Maeve is inexplicably after her daughter even though she knows it’s all lies and Hector just blindly follow her. 

But the main problem I have with it is that I feel I’m being duped every time something major happens. I don’t believe Teddy is truly dead because I’ve been programmed to believe that it’s all smoke and mirrors yet again. So as a result, I find it hard to become truly invested in a character or storyline.

I still think it’s beautifully shot and acted, but s2 has been incredibly disappointing. The only stand out episode was e8 when it explained the story of the Ghost Nation. I’m hoping the finale can do something to change my opinion but I’m not holding my breath.

Fuck me, spectacular finale to an incredible season.

Spoiler

fNjo4Zw.jpg

Ed Harris' acting in this moment is insane.

I nearly missed this as I usually turn off once the credits roll. Have all episodes had a post credits scene or just the finale?

8 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

I nearly missed this as I usually turn off once the credits roll. Have all episodes had a post credits scene or just the finale?

Just the finale.

I felt a bit deflated after it all. Don’t think it ended particularly well.

I'm currently watching the second season now, have just finished episode 8. I must say, this is terrible. This is far, far from Game of Thrones storywise, though production value and acting levels are high. The story this time around is just simply a mess, it's boring and the split focus and timeline don't work this time.

Spoiler

Maeve (and her crew) is terrible and boring, why is she pursuing her daughter and is so slow at it? She has had zero impact on the story, though it was nice to see Shogun World. I was happy when she was shot but that would have been a complete waste of storytime.

William is kind of interesting but only because I want to see what the end of his game is. How does his daughter find him so fast?

Dolores is just a mean killing machine. She is extremely boring now and her role in the making of Westworld is far too unbelievable. It doesn't really go along that well with what was established in season 1.

Bernard is the only character of interest in my opinion but that's because he unravels the mysteries of Delos. Their pet project with transferring the minds of people is interesting and a nice touch. It's just a shame that Ford has made him violent again.

Overall, the magic is completely gone and the vision of the show has disappeared. What made season 1 incredible was the great setting and the lines they were drawing, making us question the reality and the motives of people. That's gone now. I won't be watching season 3 and will only watch the rest of this season because I like to finish things I've invested time in.

• Like 1

I did find this season took longer to grab my attention that season. It took me five episodes last season to really get into it. This time it was the last two or three episodes - which were great. And I'll watch season three because, as much as this was different from the first, the third may be to the second. And the music the phenomenal. That Heart Shaped Box cover was really good.