NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection (PS4) 31st March

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I have.

I know how to fight them properly, i.e. parry their rush attack and get behind them. But I'm an impatient asshole so I just attack until I get lucky.

Hate those fuckers.

Yeah, I can never be bothered with the parry method. I usually just spammed the hell out of magic on them.

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I usually just spammed the hell out of magic on them.

Either that or I just run away :D

Bbgy.gif

• Haha 1

Looked up some exp farming spots and coincidentally I've just arrived at the one where you need to smash 11 empty pots to acquire about 150 exp.

That's my evening sorted. :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Looked up some exp farming spots and coincidentally I've just arrived at the one where you need to smash 11 empty pots to acquire about 150 exp.

That's my evening sorted. :D

I don't recall that one.

I remember I done lots on grinding on Destiny Island right at the start. Think I got to level 10+ just killing the swarm of Heartless over and over again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I remember I done lots on grinding on Destiny Island right at the start. Think I got to level 10+ just killing the swarm of Heartless over and over again.

Epic-Handshake.jpg

I did the same :D

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't recall that one.

It's in Agrabah. There's an area with 12 pots. One of them houses a scorpion/bug/weird creature, the others are empty. The one that's occupied can't be moved. Once you've found it, just smash the others and you acquire a total of approx. 150 Tech Points. Move away two screens, come back, rinse and repeat. :cool:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Epic-Handshake.jpg

I did the same :D

It's in Agrabah. There's an area with 12 pots. One of them houses a scorpion/bug/weird creature, the others are empty. The one that's occupied can't be moved. Once you've found it, just smash the others and you acquire a total of approx. 150 Tech Points. Move away two screens, come back, rinse and repeat. :cool:

I remember now. Think that big thing needs to be farmed for some of the best gear.

• Thanks 1

Agrabah, Monstro and Halloween Town have been done :D

I wonder how far I am with the story. Speaking of: It's not very good...

The bad guys are just a jumbled mess of Disney villains, Riku is the typical Final Fantasy friend/enemy/I'm-doing-my-own-thing-because-fuck-you and everything else just seems completely disjointed (and I'm not talking about how the worlds are connected via a map screen).
Hope there's at least some kind of twist coming up.

Then again, I've read that the Kingdom Hearts plot becomes ridiculously crazy in later entries, so I should probably enjoy a simple (yet bad) story while I can :laughing:

Nah, the plot in the first game is very basic and kid friendly, hence the heavy emphasis on the Disney villains. As the series goes on the Disney stuff fades away in terms of story relevance and instead just becomes an excuse to travel to different settings. The same goes for the inclusion of FF characters and nods. Eventually the series becomes its own thing.

I always hated Halloween Town. I just didn't like the structure of the place. Still, it was a decent area for doing some level grinding, mainly thanks to the high enemy encounter rate in the town square.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I always hated Halloween Town.

I enjoyed it :D The boss fight there, however...urgh. Not fun at all.

Still better than Atlantica, though. When will game developers learn...under water levels are always bad. BAD BAD BAD! :nono: (unless it's Rayman Legends. That game has amazing under water levels!).

Edited by drahkon

8 hours ago, drahkon said:

Still better than Atlantica, though. When will game developers learn...under water levels are always bad. BAD BAD BAD! :nono: (unless it's Rayman Legends. That game has amazing under water levels!).

I think Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair has some good water levels. Mainly because the controls don't inhibit your movement. I remember Rayman having a similar method.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I think Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair has some good water levels.

Can't believe I forgot to mention Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. :D

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Mainly because the controls don't inhibit your movement. I remember Rayman having a similar method.

That's pretty much it. You don't lose a lot of speed while swimming (if at all).

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

The team took the criticism to heart with Atlantica because it's VERY different in the sequel. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

The team took the criticism to heart with Atlantica because it's VERY different in the sequel. 

I sure hope so.

Movement sucks, the area's layout is confusing and it's just not fun to play through...
Well, it's gotta be done, so I'll push through later today :D

5 hours ago, drahkon said:

so I'll push through later today

And it's done.
Really hope I won't have to go there again...it was by far the worst place in the game, so far.

Well...off to Neverland. :peace:

Screw all the Playstation news.

I've reached Hollow Bastion and progressed a bit through the castle.
Neverland wasn't too bad. The two bosses were a little annoying, but other than that...much better than Atlantica :D

Still not sure if I wanna go for the Platinum. If I do, I might have to backtrack soon and do some side-questing and material farming.

Also, I'm dreading some boss fights on Proud mode already...

You said you hate the Gummi Ship sections and if that's still the case just be aware that you have to put a stupid amount of time into it for the platinum. Multiple routes, various ship builds, missions, collecting all the bits and bobs....enjoy! :D 

There are a few cheeky builds that can help with some of this but you'll still be spending plenty of time in this mode.

As for the bosses on Proud, apart from one or two of them they aren't really that bad. Are you going to at least tackle the secret bosses on the playthrough you're on?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Multiple routes, various ship builds, missions, collecting all the bits and bobs....enjoy! :D 

Oh no :(

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Are you going to at least tackle the secret bosses on the playthrough you're on?

Haven't checked where to find 'em, but I assume some of them can be fought against in the coliseum? I'll definitely complete that. Coliseums/battle arenas are my jam in JRPGs :D

• Like 1

Checked out the trophy list and boooohhhhh. If I wanna go for the Platinum I'll have to finish the game two more times.
On easy, without changing equipment and in under 15 hours.
And on proud.

Well...maybe something to do in the future :p

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Multiple routes, various ship builds, missions, collecting all the bits and bobs....enjoy! :D 

This doesn't seem too bad in the Final Mix? For the trophy you need to collect 30 blueprints and looking at a list, just collecting the enemy ship blueprints and a few miscellaneous ones will do the trick. I hope I'm not missing something :D

Looks like I've reached the final dungeon.

Which means: Back to the coliseum. There seems to be another cup waiting for me :D

I'm in a weird situation.

On one hand, I really like the grind and wanna go for the Platinum.
On the other, I really don't like the gameplay and just wanna finish the game.

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

I'm in a weird situation.

Just complete it and move on to the next game in the series. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just complete it and move on to the next game in the series. 

I'd probably move on to a different game first :p 

I think I'm gonna try and finish the story tonight and then start Frostpunk which I was able to acquire on the current PSN sale :) 
Frostpunk is supposed to be quite stressful so having a grind to fall back on might be nice.

On 2/26/2021 at 8:33 AM, drahkon said:

Who am I kidding...there's no escaping the grind :laughing:

Made a list of materials I need for synthesizing items with the help of a guide.
Some of those will be a pain to acquire...But it wouldn't be the first time I took on RNG and annoying enemies :p

Regarding the story: I've reached the point of no return. I doubt there will be a big reveal/twist. I actually believe there will be a satisfying conclusion with no real ending that could tease a sequel, even though the game turned into a series.
I do wonder, however, how the sequels' plots gained their infamous craziness :D

• Like 1

I think every game in the series teases the next entry, even the first game. Most of them have a secret FMV teaser that shows what's on the cards for the next game. 

• Thanks 1

Made a bit of material farming progress.

Had to go back to Atlantica to acquire a few Frost and Thunder Gems. I HATE THAT PLACE :p

Now it's just a matter of defeating the most annoying enemies...probably gonna take a while.

The added bonus of this, however: I level up quite a bit. And given that I have to reach level 100 anyways it's not too bad :D