NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Switch

Speaking of that, I saw some dev studio (forget which) saying they saw the filming out on the roof but obviously weren't aware what it was. I wonder what the setup was and whether they knew it was for Nintendo. They would have signed NDAs but I imagine they might have just pretended like it was a new tech product instead.

Apart from the Eurogamer leak (which I'm starting to think was a deliberate ploy by Nintendo) and given how many people were involved in that trailer it's remarkable more wasn't known about it before release. Nice to have a few genuine surprises.

Well there's the Mario/Zelda/Pokémon leak which looks like it will probably be true.

I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of innovations this thing has in terms of software. Things like Miiverse or Streetpass. Actually come to think of it, Streetpass would be PERFECT for the Switch! Maybe update and expand the functionality a bit...

Well there's the Mario/Zelda/Pokémon leak which looks like it will probably be true.

I still don't buy this. Unless it's some kind of spin-off, it's not gonna happen.

My friend doesn't know what this is. What is this?

I still don't buy this. Unless it's some kind of spin-off, it's not gonna happen.

Don't think it's that much of a stretch. A hd remake. Or why not the third version they do, why wouldn't it be that?

Don't think it's that much of a stretch. A hd remake. Or why not the third version they do, why wouldn't it be that?

Because it's Game Freak, with new hardware. They're not exactly great at adapting.

Because it's Game Freak, with new hardware. They're not exactly great at adapting.

True. They usually stick to old tech for an extra year. But maybe they're being forced/encouraged to.

Would be a crazy launch window though - Zelda, remaster of Mario kart splatoon and smash, I still think animal crossing will be close. Then a big Mario for xmas and Pokemon eclipse or whatever.... it would be insane.

Could just be Switch Pokémon Go.

Or a remake of two games that haven't been updated yet. Or a Switch version of Sun & Moon.

Maybe Pokémon Snap 2 on the Sun & Moon islands.

Only way it'll be Pokémon is if it is Pokkén.

Sun & Moon is just about to come out. They won't jump to a new console mid generation so they don't segment the player base.

It could just say Game Freak because the writer is an idiot and thinks all Pokémon games are Game Freak.

It could just say Game Freak because the writer is an idiot and thinks all Pokémon games are Game Freak.

What are you on about? Everyone knows Pokemon games are made by Nintendo.

And you call yourself a Pokenerd...

All the best ones are made by Ninatic.

Wow, sentences that irritate me even though I know full well that you're joking...

Wow, sentences that irritate me even though I know full well that you're joking...

I don't even think he is

Yeah I was joking.

It's HAL that makes the best Pokémon games.

So we never got Mario Universe on WiiU as dreamed by many, instead getting a laser-focused Mario and co. jump and bump outing, offering something that felt smaller in scope to the Galaxies that came before. I did love 3D World but coming from more expressive, explorative and deeper controls and larger worlds in Mario64/Sunshine and the Galaxy games; 3D world still felt like a step backwards for a console Mario adventure; truly showing its Mario Land 3D roots/inspiration.

The trailer for this fills me with Mario64 and Sunshine vibes as Mario triple and long-jumps to the beat of his own drum. I'd love to be given that wide-open, expressive move-set again to traverse large, wondrous playgrounds that offer varied puzzle and skill sections for stars. It looked extremely polished too, giving hope that it won't be delayed. January can't come soon enough!

All I need now is for Nintendo to give us the obvious Tropical Freeze subtitle and confirm David Wise is working on the soundtrack. I can dream, right?

Edited by tapedeck

So we never got Mario Universe on WiiU as dreamed by many, instead getting a laser-focused Mario and co. jump and bump outing, offering something that felt smaller in scope to the Galaxies that came before. I did love 3D World but coming from more expressive, explorative and deeper controls and larger worlds in Mario64/Sunshine and the Galaxy games; 3D world still felt like a step backwards for a console Mario adventure; truly showing its Mario Land 3D roots/inspiration.

Just got back from holiday so been finding it difficult to follow...

But when I first saw the video of this I was a little pissed off - has anyone else thought this was probably the Wii U's Mario, but it was moved to the switch when it became clear dev. costs were unlikely to be covered on a wii U version?

I suspect if Zelda hadn't been teased quite so early, we wouldn't have that coming to Wii U either.

In terms of this mario.. I am pretty interested, it looks just like the kind of game I had hoped to play on the Wii U - real shame it never came.

I think I'm going insane, had a dream about Super Mario With, but it was generations of Mario, so I was playing it as really old Mario, who could barely jump and struggled to do his moves, but still do it, leaping on top of Goombas, but needed a little breather afterward, like the simplest of Mario things was a struggle for him. Then I played as baby Mario who was obviously the opposite, bombing about everywhere, jumping really high....

When I woke up I thought we've never had baby Mario in a 3D Mario have we?

When I woke up I thought we've never had baby Mario in a 3D Mario have we?

No, but in fairness we've not had a 3D Mario since Galaxy 2.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

No, but in fairness we've not had a 3D Mario since Galaxy 2.

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.