NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Logan (2017)

I like the tone and direction the trailer hints at, but can't help assuming they'll fuck it up in the third act with a samurai robot or broken deadpool.

I think that's a really poorly made trailer for a film that looks like it could be quite excellent.

This cover of Hurt always gets me :(

Haven't seen the latest X-Men and still have to watch the Wolverine movies. This doesn't look too bad.

The X-Men films always seems to be shot in a particular way that I don't like... not sure what it is.

Liking the vibes - but this could go either way.

The extra sequence at the end of the red band trailer makes it a marginally better trailer than the green band one, in my opinion :P

Edited by Julius Caesar
Automerged Doublepost

I know what imma gunna be doing on March the 3rd!

Playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Nintendo Switch?

Probably the best sponsored video ever.

"The ball is deep inside my hardened tool"

Some kinky shit right there.

Looking forward to Logan. I think this is going to be a fine result from them not giving a shit about continuity, it allows for some more xperimental, but potentially awesome films. Will definitely be seeing this, eventhough the 2 previous Wolverine films are the only X-men films I haven't seen.

Just seen it. I knew it wasn't going to be quite as superhero-ey as most of the other marvel films but I still very much enjoyed it and was pleasantly surprised. Knee nothing of the plot details really and was happy to see a character or two in it! I'll probs write up a better and less vague(but spoilered) post tmw or so!

Very good film tho - recommend it highly but just add the caveat it's possibly not as comic booky as you might otherwise be expecting, yet still a fairly decent film experience* hopefully.

(*Too marvel biased to judge truly objectively :P)

Seen this last night. Absolutely brilliant. The cinema was packed. I didn't think it would be that busy as it we seen it at a late showing and it's the middle of the week.

The back and forth between Logan and Charles was awesome to watch and made for some funny moments. The whole cinema got a good laugh out of Xavier when he stuck his tongue out to show he had taken his pills.

:D

One of my favourite scenes was when they were all sitting around the dinner table and speaking with the family that took them in. It hinted at what could have been had they been able to lead a normal life.

I really had to hold back the tears at the end. Man, that was rough to watch on the big screen. :weep: I suppose it made sense given that this was to be Jackmans final film as Logan. Still didn't make it any easier to watch. :(

You could tell certain thinks were going to happen from a mile off ( how the bullet was to be used and using all the green serum ) but it still didn't take away from the experience.

A Danish newspaper gave it 1 star out of 6 and said it was great that this was the last Wolverine-movie. I laughed at that.

I quote:

Der er intet godt at sige om den film! Hovedpersonen Logan hedder også Wolverine og har under det navn ageret i en stribe film, hvoraf denne annonceres som den sidste. Godt det samme! Historien er forvrøvlet - noget med perverse læger, der gør børn til sjælløse ”mutanter”, små krigsmaskiner. Men nogle af dem undslipper og søger mod Canada, hvor de mener at kunne være i fred for deres forfølgere, der som en panserdivision er i hælene på dem.

translates into

"There is nothing good to be said about this movie! The protagonist Logan is also called Wolverine and has been acting under that name in a sequence of movies, of which this is claimed to be the last one. Good thing! The story is nonsense - something about perverted doctors making children soulless "mutants", little war machines. But some of them escape and go to Canada where they think they can be in peace from their pursuers."

This is the only part of the review that is free to read but it seems very angry to me. I would like to see what he thinks of other movies in the same genre.

I thought Logan was outstanding. It wasn't like watching a superhero film, it was like watching actual cinema. I think people have become so dulled to the potential of the genre that they are happy eat utter ass like Dr Strange and be happy about it.

"There's water here..."

Edited by Daft

I think that's probably why I enjoyed it (and a lot of Xmen films). I don't really like most comic book films. Most of the time they feel poorly written and generally aimed at teenagers...

This was actually great though, and really made me think back to all the films with Logan and Charles in. I do like as well that Logan actively seems to dislike the comics and being a superhero. It's like watching the story unfold through someone with similar thoughts on comics as a whole. :heh:

Finally got around to seeing this. Liked it. It made for a very good movie. I liked the depth to each section, like the family at the farm, they had a backstory, individual personalities etc.. Action and acting all top notch.

I'm a bit tired of super psycho badguys though. Why does every antagonist have to be a psychopathic feel-nothing murderer? It made a lot of the movie feel "gritty for the sake of being gritty".

Sign in to follow this