NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

I now own a Wii U

Is this some kind of joke? I don't see Pikmin 3 or splatoon?

Pikmin 3 is an absolute must have! I loved playing that game.

I'm actually going to be picking up Pikmin 3 soon as I'm doing a gamescast for it over at Lapsed Gamer. Not played one since the very first one came out which I never finished.

I'm actually going to be picking up Pikmin 3 soon as I'm doing a gamescast for it over at Lapsed Gamer. Not played one since the very first one came out which I never finished.

Bloody hell.... Did you not really like it? Maybe you won't like Pikmin 3 afterall...

I didn't like Pikmin 1 because of the time limit. I hate timed games.

Bloody hell.... Did you not really like it? Maybe you won't like Pikmin 3 afterall...

There's a demo for Pikmin 3 now, isn't there? He could give that a try first.

Never said I didn't like it just didn't finish it. I do remember the timer pissing me off though and wrecking the game.

Here's a question for everyone how much single player content is there in Nintendo Land?

Never said I didn't like it just didn't finish it. I do remember the timer pissing me off though and wrecking the game.

Here's a question for everyone how much single player content is there in Nintendo Land?

There's a surprising amount of single player fun to be had with the game. The Zelda, Metroid and Pikmin games alone will keep you busy for hours, especially if you try to get the master ranking for each stage.

There's a surprising amount of single player fun to be had with the game. The Zelda, Metroid and Pikmin games alone will keep you busy for hours, especially if you try to get the master ranking for each stage.

Those are probably considered the 3 'main' games in Nintendo Land but I probably spent more time, and had more fun, with many of the other attractions, such as Donkey Kong's Crash Course, Yoshi's Fruit Cart and Captain Falcon's Twister Race :yay:

I don't think I was all that impressed with Nintendoland when I got it. It was probably because it was the comparable game to Wii Sports but either way, nothing kept me playing past that first day or so.

I think Nintendoland is absolutely incredible, some of the best party games going. As for single player, yeah there's a lot there, personally though, other than the ninja star and Baloon rightly for a short time, and Donkey kong for a long time (it's brilliant), I preferred playing Metroid, Pikmin and Zelda in multiplayer (all brilliant) and couldn't engage as much on my own.

In what may seem the stupidest late time to pay a new Wii U. I did...Basically I had a bunch of points for a drug store (like Boots etc..) that sells games consoles a lot of their stores seem to be scaling back that kind of thing so by time NX comes around they may not sell consoles. So thought I'd plump on a Wii U. So far I own;

Mario Maker

Mario Kart (once I'm more familar with the game I may join the league)

Mario 3D World

Wind Waker

All the Humble Bundle games previously sold

Was wondering to save me a major job is people would kindly add me as a friend! flameboy84 is my name! Also any suggestions for games I may have completely not even put on my radar would be greatly appreciated.

Splatoon!

That's basically the machine's killer app.

Nintendoland only has a couple of good games in my opinion. I actually had more fun playing the minigames in some of the Mario Party games.

Nintendoland only has a couple of good games in my opinion. I actually had more fun playing the minigames in some of the Mario Party games.

Doesn't Mario party have some weird Amiibo stuff? It available relatively cheaply on its own

Doesn't Mario party have some weird Amiibo stuff? It available relatively cheaply on its own

I think @Sheikah was just referring to the Mario Party series as a whole.

Mario Party 10 has a mode that uses Amiibo, the other two main modes don't use them though.

I actually forgot about Nintendo Land and never played it. I only realised I owned it when I was packing my Wii U away. Bit sad that I never played it, as I reckon it looked to be good fun.

I actually forgot about Nintendo Land and never played it. I only realised I owned it when I was packing my Wii U away. Bit sad that I never played it, as I reckon it looked to be good fun.

Call me crazy but couldn't you unpack your Wii U and play it..? ::shrug:

Call me crazy but couldn't you unpack your Wii U and play it..? ::shrug:

You're Crazy.

We packed away a load of our stuff and sent them to my parents to make some room, so I could, but it would take a 7 hour round trip to get it.

Ok my collection now contains;

Mario Maker

Mario Kart

Mario 3D World

Wind Waker

All the Humble Bundle games previously sold

NES Remix Pack 1

F-Zero Maximum Velocity (GBA)

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Pikmin 3

New Super Mario Bros. U

One game I've seen not really mentioned is Starfox Zero is it really that terrible? I've noticed it's on sale at amazon.ca for $50 compared to $75 for the version with Guard packed in.

One game I've seen not really mentioned is Starfox Zero is it really that terrible? I've noticed it's on sale at amazon.ca for $50 compared to $75 for the version with Guard packed in.

I enjoyed it, it's an absolute rarity for me. A Starfox that I enjoy. (Context: I really don't like Lylat Wars)

It's got a steep learning curve though, but once you get it down, it's a load of fun!

I enjoyed it, it's an absolute rarity for me. A Starfox that I enjoy. (Context: I really don't like Lylat Wars)

It's got a steep learning curve though, but once you get it down, it's a load of fun!

how long is it for a first beginning to end accounting for learning curve? Wondering if its one I could play during extra life.

how long is it for a first beginning to end accounting for learning curve? Wondering if its one I could play during extra life.

It took me about two hours.

Although, I seem to have had a lot less trouble than the majority of players. Some people just couldn't get their heads around it.

You definitely don't want to skip the tutorial.

Starfox Zero is my favourite game of 2016 :hehe: It isn't for everyone, which is why it's difficult to recommend it, but it's an awesome game with a few questionable decisions that may or may not impact your enjoyment!

@flameboy I recommend you give Star Fox Zero a try before you buy it. It's a VERY marmite game. I absolutely hated it and it's one of my biggest disappointments of the year. I think there's a demo on the eShop for you to try.

@flameboy I recommend you give Star Fox Zero a try before you buy it. It's a VERY marmite game. I absolutely hated it and it's one of my biggest disappointments of the year. I think there's a demo on the eShop for you to try.

just checked there is indeed a demo

Great stuff @flameboy, building a nice collection, the big fear is playing an hour of each game and not getting stuck into one :) Update the thread with impressions too!!

Sign in to follow this