NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

MadDog Marathon; Online Mario Kart Tournament

32f6868c-1249-411b-b235-c60e7bd32550.jpg?template=FundraisingPageHeroImageM

Hello Everyone! As some of you will already be aware in honour of MadDog a fundraising event is taking place at the Arcade Club in Bury the weekend of November 11th/12th.

For those who cannot attend we are organizing a set of events to stream out during a follow up 24 hour streaming marathon which will take place over the same weekend as the main Arcade Club event. (Being slightly after the event means even if you attend the main event you could still complete) We tried to think of game that would bring the entire community together and settled on the latest version of Mario Kart on Wii U!

So first things up before we start to look at Tournament structure we need to get together our numbers and figure out how many people will be contending. So I’m going to catergorize people in two lists for now; Shown Interest and Confirmed. To be confirmed you must go to our sponsor page

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/maddogmarathon and donate £5 to enter! It’s not a lot and there will be prizes to win!!! Prizes people so for just a fiver you could win some great prizes, have fun and more importantly help raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.

If you have already donated at least £5 there is no need to donate again to enter (although you can if you wish!)

Get entering you can either mark your donation as entry for Mario Kart Tournament or if you’d prefer to leave a personal message to our good friend MadDog then do that and check back in here let me know you’ve donated and I’ll verify and confirm your entrance.

Shown Interest;

Nicktendo

Dcubed

Confirmed;

punio75

S.C.G

killthenet

flameboy

Even if you can't take part but want to help with designing graphics or something else I've not even thought of to be on the stream please still get in touch!

Official race details

I’m pleased to announce based on everyone’s feedback the Tournament will be taking place on Saturday November 12th at 3pm Eastern Standard Time that’s 8pm Greenwich Mean Time (London)! If you haven’t already please donate to the page and confirm with me on here!

Nicktendo

Dcubed

punio75

S.C.G

killthenet

Emerald Emblem

Tails

flameboy

Nintenchris

Wii

i-Glen

Stu

Total 12

Cheers Flameboy

Edited by flameboy

Disclaimer; I'll be posting the prize so don't enter if you don't trust me with your address :p

Should be good fun, hopefully lots of people will sign up!

Put me down on the interested list for now, i'll definitely do it but can't donate for a few days.

I'd be interested. :)

Technically I've already donated but if it's an extra £5 to enter then so be it. : peace:

Anyway, it's a good idea and for a good cause too and as it happens I have that week off work, leading up to plus including that weekend so as long as it is on the Saturday or Sunday then I'll almost certainly be in for this. :D

On yeah, almost forgot...

opu0pt.jpg

I have absolutely no idea if I'm gonna be available that weekend, but either way I'll be donating :)

Just to confirm anyone who has already sponsored above the fiver entry fee is automatically entered in here. I'll update thread to reflect this when I'm at computer.

Definitely interested in taking part, need to confirm my schedule around that week first though.

Just donated - very happy to do so.

I'm in for the karting!

Firstly thank you for your donation and secondly you are in there confirmed

I've just donated flameboy so you can add me to the confirmed list.

Look forward to losing to you all.

I've just donated flameboy so you can add me to the confirmed list.

Look forward to losing to you all.

Cheers Mate. Dunno about that I've played very little of this version!

Do we really only have 6 entrants? Surely we can get some more from the Mario Kart League.

Do we really only have 6 entrants? Surely we can get some more from the Mario Kart League.

As things stand yes. I may have others from Lapsed Gamer joining us. I know Ashley has reposted in that thread so hopefully some more tip up! I think @Nintenchris is in too as I'll be with him at the time!

Sweet, i'm sure it will be great fun as it is but would be nice to have some more people.

@S\.C\.G

@killthenet

@flameboy

http://doodle.com/poll/7cd5s5wbyg8xs46f

Trying to figure out a rough schedule so please can you all enter what times in those slots you available? If none of this works will try to explore options. The times are UK times so trying to juggle fitting it with eastern standard time.

Thanks for those who provided time. Just a reminder for anyone else who didn't to do it and recruit anyone else you know!

For a good cause like this, I'll register my interest, not sure if I'll be able to make it or not, depends when in the day it'll happen.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

For a good cause like this, I'll register my interest, not sure if I'll be able to make it or not, depends when in the day it'll happen.

Ok will add you to the list. Currently have a doodle list where you can see if your available with those current times.

@Dcubed noticed your not free any of the times would a move to Friday help out at all? We may end up with two pools if necessary.

Ok will add you to the list. Currently have a doodle list where you can see if your available with those current times.

@Dcubed noticed your not free any of the times would a move to Friday help out at all? We may end up with two pools if necessary.

Thanks for the offer, but sadly I'm busy on Friday, Saturday and Sunday that week and I can't book it off :(

I'll make a donation on the 10th though!

I’m pleased to announce based on everyone’s feedback the Tournament will be taking place on Saturday November 11th at 3pm Eastern Standard Time that’s 8pm Greenwich Mean Time (London)! If you haven’t already please donate to the page and confirm with me on here!

@S\.C\.G

@killthenet

@Emerald Emblem

See you on with myself and Nintenchris on the race track!

Updated the first post with the official details, although removed the gibberish last sentence from flameboy's post :heh:

Sign in to follow this