NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

Pes sounds good and I will get it once it hits the bargain bin which won't take long.

No point me buying full price when I know the game will be reduced very quickly as it's a bomba these days.

The problems for pes started in the HD era. Releasing bad game after bad game lost them a lot of good will and fans from the pre HD Generation. Even last year when they released a good game we had the debacle with them taking forever to release an up to date squads patch.

Also why do they continue to gimp the PC version?

Unfortunately no matter what game they release now there is no way back. People just don't care about the PES. Fifa has the market completely wrapped up.

Edited by liger05

Also why do they continue to gimp the PC version?

Jim Sterling picked up on this last year and highlighted Konami's shady practice when coming to releasing PES on Steam.

Pretty sure most agree with this sentiment, I can't see Pro Evo lasting in the long term.

Even if PES was the better game, Konami can go to hell for their shoddy treatment of Kojima and all the staff of Konami in general. They ain't getting any of my hard earned cash.

But surely thats doing more harm to the Konami staff you're trying to defend?

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't getting PES anyway, I'm in the FIFA camp.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't getting PES anyway, I'm in the FIFA camp.

Ay29K.gif

It's a no win situation. You buy the game and you support Konami and send the message you're fine with everything they do. You don't buy the game and the staff will no doubt suffer and end up working on pachinko machines.

Makes no difference anyway, I was never going to buy PES. If I do want to scratch that footie itch then FIFA is the way to go.

The game (MyClub) is boarderline frustratingly difficult lol - haven't been this outwardly emotional while playing a game in a long time.

What makes a good PES player? Sometimes I feel all you need is good through ball and your fate is sealed.

Having played a decent amount if Fifa 17 now I have to say there's actually a lot to like in both titles. The sheer amount of stuff in Ultimate Team alone is impressive, the journeys actually pretty fun, the menus and every aspect of the presentation is top notch. The gameplay is even nice, good even...but it's still a solid notch below PES.

Between the two you'd have the absolute ultimate football game somewhere, just depends on your preference really.

I have both PES and FIFA. I've only played 2 full matches on PES and enjoyed what I've played. Matches were fun and managed to score some beautiful goals (if I say so myself).

However with (literally) all my friends on FIFA, I haven't touched PES...which is a shame but thats what you get for falling behind the competition for the past 6-7 years.

Konami remind me of Nokia in the smartphone industry. Once, great pioneers and leading the pack but have fallen away in light of better competition.

I've just discovered Become A legend!!!

What a mode! I've always imagined a mode where you create yourself and only control yourself in your given position - really love the way you can sit and watch the rest of the game when you've been subbed in fast forward mode too. :bouncy:

(I haven't played a footy game since the PS2 days, so apologies if this isn't really anything new :P )

This is the best football game I have ever played. Currently going through Master League on the PC version with patches to include real teams, extra stadia and cool broadcasting overlays. The Master League is incredibly deep and there really are a wealth of options at your disposal when it comes to formation and setting up your team. I think PES 5 or 6 was the last time I went through a full season of Master League, but this is every bit as good and more. Nothing can beat that feeling of scouting out a young winger or striker and watching them grow into a superstar as you progress through the ranks. Hats off to Konami, after a shaky few years I feel they've done themselves proud with this version and next year's promises to be better yet. It's a shame this franchise will never reach the heights it did in the PS2 days.

Sign in to follow this