NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haden

4 MadDog 5 tactics 1 trophy NE Xpert 11

Hi guys. Long time. I would be interested in signing up for another go at this if you need anyone

Hey man that would be great here is the invite link: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=427282

We should be finished just before Christmas but you can join any time, we should have another couple of spots open if you have any friends that would like to join?

Will ask around to see if anyone wants to join. All set up now. All Leeds aren't we?!?!?

Hey man that would be great here is the invite link: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=427282

We should be finished just before Christmas but you can join any time, we should have another couple of spots open if you have any friends that would like to join?

Edited by Lucas3693

Cube and Leeds are signed up ready for next season :D

Anyone else got anyone they think might be interested? Looks like Eights has gone, Charlie (Moria) may be back not sure about Seahawks and bob?

Probably just a good aim to keep the league at 12 if we can as it will be a stretch to fill much more gaps as the forum is so quiet nowadays.

But yeh if we could get 1 or even 2 more we should be very well set for Season 2.

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has had any luck recruiting.

Even though two more is good looking at the inactivity I think we may need 4 people.

I'm sad to say but the lack of interest on the forums nowadays may cause the league to stop after 1 season :(

Still it has been nice to honour MadDog even if it is just for 1 last time :)

Yeah sorry guys, I keep forgetting about it. The games a bit stale tbh.

They should mix it up a bit and allow you to play more than 4 up front.

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has had any luck recruiting.

Even though two more is good looking at the inactivity I think we may need 4 people.

I'm sad to say but the lack of interest on the forums nowadays may cause the league to stop after 1 season :(

Still it has been nice to honour MadDog even if it is just for 1 last time :)

No way man!! There's still 8 people playing regularly from what I can see. Shame @Tales and @Moria bottled it after poor starts (are you guys coming back for a fresh start season 2?)

Definitely a shame there aren't so many posts on here, but the league is feeling quite competitive to me.

Me and Roger Federer used to have a league with friends that only had about 6 of us tops, and it was still a total blast. More so, even, as fewer games makes for no margin for error, and unexpected champs. I think 8 is more enough than to keep the league going, especially as everyone in it would be big hitters - would be nice and competitive.

Also, who was the secret returnee for next year? Peepsy? Ell? Add that to MOT, should be enough for a couple seasons more at least. I don't know about United, but The Warriors are just getting started!

No way man!! There's still 8 people playing regularly from what I can see. Shame @Tales and @Moria bottled it after poor starts (are you guys coming back for a fresh start season 2?)

Definitely a shame there aren't so many posts on here, but the league is feeling quite competitive to me.

Me and Roger Federer used to have a league with friends that only had about 6 of us tops, and it was still a total blast. More so, even, as fewer games makes for no margin for error, and unexpected champs. I think 8 is more enough than to keep the league going, especially as everyone in it would be big hitters - would be nice and competitive.

Also, who was the secret returnee for next year? Peepsy? Ell? Add that to MOT, should be enough for a couple seasons more at least. I don't know about United, but The Warriors are just getting started!

Hmm ok we can see how it goes can't believe how badly my team is playing!

Would be nice to get to 10 though, not sure if @Rowan is still checking in but I will also leave this here as we have now been promoted to Gen Chit Chat!

If anyone wants to join us for our new season follow this link: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=427282

Pretty sure I'm only in for this season. There's a lot of stuff I need to do these days and I spend my free time with friends, my girlfriend and "bigger" games.

Pretty sure I'm only in for this season. There's a lot of stuff I need to do these days and I spend my free time with friends, my girlfriend and "bigger" games.

Ah shame you should reconsider you have done really well so far!

Future of Xpert on NE:

MADDOG LEAGUE - HALFWAY POINT

DuDs goalkeeping takes the Mick

mota_ru_1051601-1600x900.jpg

DuDs Mick Partridge has a strong claim of being player of the season. With 8 clean sheets off 11 matches, and an astonishing 89% save rate, he is perhaps the player of the league. Compare this to, say, Haden’s Bonello, who has a mere 69% save rate, and one begins to gather a sense of DuDs key to success.

The headline result this week was DuD’s victory over Winston. This was to be expected, and though for a while it looked like Winston, rudderless with a suspended Wimmer, might sneak a draw, Aranzubia fired home toward the end of the match. The manager has addressed the loss of Danielsson during Friday’s match as potentially decisive. The coming fortnight will be a big one for DuDs date with destiny - they could put some serious distance between the rest of the pack and wrap up the race early.

Nuclear Sub cling to contention with strong week

iMDwu4d.jpg

Perhaps the shift in this week’s political landscape has proved the impetus for the renaissance of the Nuclear Sub; their services will surely be in demand sooner rather than later. A hard fought home victory against Hull-Federer in a close-fought battle of the 451s puts Nuclear Sub well in the mix of the top 5. A thrashing of BoB, meanwhile, has sent Rory Slater top of the table for goals and assists. The manager has stayed unusually silent in the forums. The return leg, away at Hull on Tuesday, will make or break their season.

Worry for the warriors

15607.jpg

After a demolition job away at Hull, Winston looked the favorites to top the league. In what the manager flagged up as a desciive fortnight, they have completely failed the test. Wimmer’s absence was felt strongly in points dropped to DuDs, and whilst a draw against the Greeks is not a bad point, it is not enough for a league champ. ‘In truth some of players are just not up to task. Any injuries and we are without a hope of landing a top 3 spot.'

Haden drop out of race with unexpected draw with Drahkon

jose-mourinho-chelsea_3359730.jpg?20151005110423

Home at Drahkon was a must-win for Haden. In a tensely fought battle that only began to bubble over at the last, Mena broke away to score for Haden before, minutes later, Klockner, contributing his only effort of note of the entire season, slotted in an almost identical breakway goal. A thrashing of Bob was just what was needed after a dreadful run of games - the upcoming return fixtures against Greeks and DuD could be their last gasp of the season if results go badly.

In truth it has been an uncharceristically poor campaign for Haden; Curmi exemplifies this; top scorer in the squad with only 4 goals, in a season totally devoid of any results of note. ‘can't believe how badly my team is playing!’ bemoaned the manager. Perhaps he has suffered from trying to mix in too many youths too early. Even in victory at Bob, team ratings were poor. Look for a reaciton in the second half of the season...

The ones we lost and an uncertain future for the league

_84040093_gazza_tears.jpg

As we hit the halfway point in season one, this pundit thought Moria and Eights would be in contention for top spot. Instead, after a couple of awful staring fortnights, both have given up on the league completely. This pundit hopes they will return next season; they are strong managers in a league crying out for competition.

With the news of two planned resignations in BoB and Drahkon, the former predictably leaking goals, but the later competing impressively, the foundations of the league are looking shakey. Managers across the league are understood to be unsure of how to proceed - sell off the youth prospects and focus on immediate glory, or plan for the long game?

This pundit suggests a solid commitment of three seasons including this one, with the potential to expand if interest is still present by the end of the three. How do you guys feel?

Brilliant report! :D

Yes I am up for another few seasons just sad to see how small the forum seems nowadays but still enjoying the game :)

Been a pretty bad season for me so far but the Dvs are looking good just cannot seem to score goals!

Brilliant report! :D

Yes I am up for another few seasons just sad to see how small the forum seems nowadays but still enjoying the game :)

Been a pretty bad season for me so far but the Dvs are looking good just cannot seem to score goals!

Yeah true enough. Would be good to get Ell or Peepsy back to liven up the chitchat. Who was the Tinker Tailor returnee btw?

Winston's season

giphy.gif

In terminal decline, with another bad injury this week to cap it off. DuDs on could be unchaseable by anyone if Winston don't get a result on Friday!

And - at least you got some shooting practice against Bob this week! Definitely in reach of a medal

My season is over bar development but I am happy to act as a spoiler to other teams such as yesterday :P

The race for the title looks amazing!

My season is over bar development but I am happy to act as a spoiler to other teams such as yesterday :P

The race for the title looks amazing!

Cheers for that boyo!!!! :D Any of the top 5 could easily win it at this point.

Didn't think I'd claw my way back top after going 5 points off the beat a couple weeks back. Looking forward to blowing it against Zell on Tuesday, gradually pulling my way back top, then losing it once and for all against you on penultimate game of the season!

Things are hotting up at the top! Baggies next then Hull-Fed a week later, both at home...will make for interesting run in. Big win today against Bob too keeps the steam train a-rollin'...the Greeks are comin' for ya Winny! ;)

Things are hotting up at the top! Baggies next then Hull-Fed a week later, both at home...will make for interesting run in. Big win today against Bob too keeps the steam train a-rollin'...the Greeks are comin' for ya Winny! ;)

Coming to regret Preecey's missed penalty and Directo's surprise power shot when we last met! Nonetheless, however fast that Angry Greek steamroller keeps rolling... Winston ain't dropping no points!! Mad four way dash to the finish line from here on out!

Outrageous game-changer of a win for @drahkon - thank you my man! Shame you're not sticking out for another season, seems you're just getting to grips with things and getting some big results! And Happy Birthday by the way!

Outrageous game-changer of a win for @drahkon - thank you my man! Shame you're not sticking out for another season, seems you're just getting to grips with things and getting some big results! And Happy Birthday by the way!

You're welcome :D And thank you :)

Downfall

:grin: One of the all time great posts! 'Even the Wii U userbase has more users than out league' slayed me. And we cannot even beat a thread about Donald Trump!

Roger's responce on facebook messenger

'Phenomenal

Work of art

#betterthanjourney'

I'd forgotten about the cup draws et all of yore. Xpert had quite the peak back in the day! We'll get back... maybe

jrr85c.png

Edit: Why even come back if you are going to leave once you lose??

DuDs collapse with 4 points from 4 games

_92831336_036733182-1.jpg

The big news of the week has surely to be the utter and complete collapse of DuD and his Baggies as a competitive force, most surprisingly losing to Drahkon in a match that will surely have knocked them out of the running for the title. Danielsson’s injury was the silver bullet; DuD have been totally outclassed in midfield in almost every game in his absence. Even Micky Partridge’s form is below par - in the first half of the season, DuD had conceeded 3 goals. In the second half they have already conceeded 8. The Baggie fans are baying for blood and DuD is looking as nervous as Renzi on referendum night.

Teamwork a key for wobbly form across the league

7e50317d43ccf2188421a6acf4f3165d.jpg

An exclusive telephone conversation leaked between Winston and Roger Federer saw the latter unveil a true oversight, in which teamwork values were being ignored by this experienced managerd; and he is not alone. Nikos9 had also marked this as a key to Haden’s struggles this season, in a game in which Haden’s midfield of 12 teamwork was beaten by one of 17. Hull have been similarly affected, with overall values of dipping below 14, to Winston’s 17ish. A cocky DanLikesTrees, up on his perch, claimed ‘My team play for one another. Warriors fight like brothers.’.

Drahkon goes for broke in spending spree

reverse-1272535664_roman-abramovich-is-happy.gif

Amidst rumors that plague Drahkon FC that the manager will be leaving, the man himself has, at the last gasp of the transfer window, been bringing in a number of veterans. In fact today he bought in his strongest player - Cordonnier - on the last day of the window. Has he heeded the advice of the above point?Drahkon could yet provide a key role in how the title race pans out - and will surely be wanting to finish the season in the top 5. DanlLikestrees has been eyeing up the last fixture of the season, and potentially Drahkon’s career, as a stumbling block at the last

Hull’s strong season undone by double loss to Winston

1qILjxr.jpg

Old rivalries play with footballers minds. Hull Paragraph have been near faultless this season, clinical once again in an away win to Haden on Friday. Yet 6 points lost and 6 gained by Winston in their head to heads may prove decisive. They were desperately unlucky in the most recent fixtures, in which Winston had only two shots to Hull’s 4, and scored both. Winston said after the match ‘5 years ago I paid an old witch lady to put a curse upon Roger so that he would never finish above me in the league. I believe Djokovic took a tip from me a year or so later. She is great value’. Hull remain only two points below Winston, but with Drahkon, Greeks, and Baggies up next, it will be a hard task keeping up the pressure.

All eyes on Angry Greeks vs Hull on Friday

article-2228780-15E0C89B000005DC-961_634x401.jpg

Winston, cautiously looking down from top of the table, are viewing the upcoming fixture between Hull and the Greeks as desicive. If Hull win, they will have a good chance of undoing Winston at the top - if The Greeks win, they will have the chance. In the event of a draw, it would looks like Winston’s league to lose. Both teams look strong, with the Greeks on an awesome run of form. Hull outclassed the Greeks in the home fixtures, though they were different times and both teams have overhauled their squads in the weeks since. The key could be in the home advntage - the Angry Greeks and their Angry Fans at the Theodoros Vardinogia... have seen the Greeks gain the strongest home record in the league. Big game for both teams. Lets have it.

Epic post man and thanks for the praise regarding Downfall vid haha.

I have had that in my head for a while so was nice to post it lol.

I might try and do some more vids like that as they are good for a laugh.

Going full on youth team tomorrow will get a hiding I am sure!

So with todays result I have now drawn away with all the teams 2nd-5th but lost at home.

This is why we are moving ground!

if The Greeks win, they will have the chance.

Thanks but looking at your remaining fixtures, even if we do win every game, I can't see you losing one and drawing one! Need @Haden and @drahkon to do us a favour!

Will do my best. Wanted to give the top teams a hard time and I think I've done well in that regard. :p

If I hadn't screwed up the first few weeks, i.e. if I had bought better players I think a top 4 finish would've been doable for me.

Oh well ::shrug:

Next match will decide whether I have a chance to finish in the top 5. But even if I lose I think I did a good job overall.

Still, I won't return for another season. It's not as fun as I thought it would be.

Will do my best. Wanted to give the top teams a hard time and I think I've done well in that regard. :p

If I hadn't screwed up the first few weeks, i.e. if I had bought better players I think a top 4 finish would've been doable for me.

Oh well ::shrug:

Next match will decide whether I have a chance to finish in the top 5. But even if I lose I think I did a good job overall.

Still, I won't return for another season. It's not as fun as I thought it would be.

Sorry to hear you wont be coming back I think after season 1 the game gets more interesting as you get to see your team develop but well done for this season.

I will try my best to cause an upset but with my home form...

Sign in to follow this