NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Fifa 17

I've gone off this game big time.

I truly think that in the search for realism and that replication of real-life football, EA have managed to suck the fun out of the game.

That's not exactly what I want to hear after ordering FIFA 17 this afternoon to go with my PS4 this Christmas :heh:

I'm far from surprised, though, given how critical I have been of the series for this very reason, amongst others. I do fancy a different challenge this year, though, and I didn't feel I needed the latest Pro Evo as it's not vastly superior, if at all, to the excellent 2016 version on PS3.

I feel like it might be finally time to learned some of the more advanced controls that I largely ignore each year :grin:

Hmm.. it appears my purchase of FIFA 17 on ebay has been cancelled by the seller and I currently have no idea why ::shrug:

I set up the PS4 last night so I could install games and updates before Christmas Day.. but Drive Club's 29GB update is probably still downloading (it was estimated to take 25 hours :blank:)

I did, however, get to try FIFA 17 with my brother :smile: He wasn't keen due to our general preference for the gameplay of Pro Evolution Soccer but I'm happy with it giving me something to learn to play well.

I was able to do the opening sections of The Journey this morning and despite completely mucking up the penalty at the start (The keeper was able to dive, get up and walk over to grab the ball before it reached the net :red:) I aced the trials that followed. I actually loved this as it felt like I really was on trial and it brought back memories of playing for a local team and getting selected for a team consisting of the best players in the league. Good times :love:

I'm looking forward to playing more and might get online with it once I improve if anyone would be interested (I'm looking at you, @Fierce_LiNk :heh:)

I set up the PS4 last night so I could install games and updates before Christmas Day.. but Drive Club's 29GB update is probably still downloading (it was estimated to take 25 hours :blank:)

I did, however, get to try FIFA 17 with my brother :smile: He wasn't keen due to our general preference for the gameplay of Pro Evolution Soccer but I'm happy with it giving me something to learn to play well.

I was able to do the opening sections of The Journey this morning and despite completely mucking up the penalty at the start (The keeper was able to dive, get up and walk over to grab the ball before it reached the net :red:) I aced the trials that followed. I actually loved this as it felt like I really was on trial and it brought back memories of playing for a local team and getting selected for a team consisting of the best players in the league. Good times :love:

I'm looking forward to playing more and might get online with it once I improve if anyone would be interested (I'm looking at you, @Fierce_LiNk :heh:)

I'll definitely be up for some games! The only issue is that I'm not in the country at the moment and won't be back for a week or so. Should give you enough time to practise. ;)

FIFA comes alive in multiplayer. As much as I'm critical over the single player nature, the multiplayer is excellent.

I'll definitely be up for some games! The only issue is that I'm not in the country at the moment and won't be back for a week or so. Should give you enough time to practise. ;)

FIFA comes alive in multiplayer. As much as I'm critical over the single player nature, the multiplayer is excellent.

As poor as I thought FIFA 14 was, going online to compete with others in an attempt to climb through the divisions was compelling :smile: I'll wait until you're available and activate a 14-day trial to see if my connection can handle it before considering PS+!

As poor as I thought FIFA 14 was, going online to compete with others in an attempt to climb through the divisions was compelling :smile: I'll wait until you're available and activate a 14-day trial to see if my connection can handle it before considering PS+!

Do you know anything about your internet connection in terms of speed? We're switching to Virgin in our new place (currently with Sky).

The N-E league we had on here before was good fun. It's definitely the best part about FIFA. Looking forward to giving you a game or two on there. What else have you bought? Driveclub was pretty fun with @Cookyman. I could do with a new racer at some point.

Do you know anything about your internet connection in terms of speed? We're switching to Virgin in our new place (currently with Sky).

The N-E league we had on here before was good fun. It's definitely the best part about FIFA. Looking forward to giving you a game or two on there. What else have you bought? Driveclub was pretty fun with @Cookyman. I could do with a new racer at some point.

I have Uncharted 4 (it's been updating all day :blank:) and The Last of Us Remastered but not sure how much, if any, multiplayer I will attempt in those.

My download speed is just over 2MB (I couldn't play Splatoon :sad:) but I have played football games online without too many problems in the past!

I have Uncharted 4 (it's been updating all day :blank:) and The Last of Us Remastered but not sure how much, if any, multiplayer I will attempt in those.

My download speed is just over 2MB (I couldn't play Splatoon :sad:) but I have played football games online without too many problems in the past!

Brah, is there any chance you could improve that connection at all? I've been tempted to get into The Last of Us online, but haven't got around to ever doing it. I reckon you'd probably enjoy it if you enjoyed the base game, but that connection would hamper your enjoyment of it.

Brah, is there any chance you could improve that connection at all?

Nope :sad: I can't see the speed being upgraded in our area so I won't have any improvement until we move house but I suspect that's at least a couple of years away at best!

Is online free at the moment? My brother got an email about it and I tried FIFA tonight and it worked.

I'm not very good but does anyone fancy a couple of matches tonight on my barely adequate connection?

@Fierce_LiNk @dazzybee @Clownferret

I'll be up for a few games a bit later. I'm not sure where my mic is, I'll try and track that down, too.

We're getting the tea ready atm, I'll be up for a few later on tonight.

Is online free at the moment? My brother got an email about it and I tried FIFA tonight and it worked.

I'm not very good but does anyone fancy a couple of matches tonight on my barely adequate connection?

I want to be mentioned :(

I'll be up for a few games a bit later. I'm not sure where my mic is, I'll try and track that down, too.

We're getting the tea ready atm, I'll be up for a few later on tonight.

Don't worry about the mic.. I probably won't use one as I'm notoriously backward and shy :red:

Don't worry about the mic.. I probably won't use one as I'm notoriously backward and shy :red:

Braaaah, we're all mad heeeeeere.

I'll give you a game now if you want?

Can't voice chat as my toddlers asleep and I'm next to his bedroom

I want to be mentioned :(

Sorry, come join in :smile:

I'm on the phone and only mentioned a few names that immediately sprang to mind who I knew had the game!

I'll give you a game now if you want?

Can't voice chat as my toddlers asleep and I'm next to his bedroom

I'll be on soon. Add nandokuken as a friend if you haven't already and I'll fire it up after I change my son's nappy.

Sorry, come join in :smile:

I'm on the phone and only mentioned a few names that immediately sprang to mind who I knew had the game!

I'll be on soon. Add nandokuken as a friend if you haven't already and I'll fire it up after I change my son's nappy.

Invite me after you beat dazzybee

Give us a shout Nando if you fancy playing some more after playing Lost and Dazzy. Also, I've found my headset after tearing the house apart and finding it hidden within the first place we looked...right at the bottom. :heh:

@lostmario, we can play a few if you fancy it?

Invite me after you beat dazzybee

Pfft.

Anyways. I've got the taste now if anyone else fancies a game.

Cheers for the games, @nekunando. That was really fun and just an all-round nice evening. Even if I did get my arse repeatedly kicked. (what a great final game, though!)

@dazzybee, so sorry, dude. I typed up a message after you sent your last one and I thought I hit send. I think it literally got sent to you as you signed out!

Cheers for the games, @nekunando. That was really fun and just an all-round nice evening. Even if I did get my arse repeatedly kicked. (what a great final game, though!)

@dazzybee, so sorry, dude. I typed up a message after you sent your last one and I thought I hit send. I think it literally got sent to you as you signed out!

If you got your arse kicked by @nekunando maybe it's best we don't play each other :D

If you got your arse kicked by @nekunando maybe it's best we don't play each other :D

Depends who he has, you were bullying my Liverpool players off the ball last night, ruined my passing game completely.

Good games though, no idea what I was thinking with that penalty. I blame being unwell and being incredibly tired.

Depends who he has, you were bullying my Liverpool players off the ball last night, ruined my passing game completely.

Good games though, no idea what I was thinking with that penalty. I blame being unwell and being incredibly tired.

Nando was Liverpool too.

They were good games, but I also don't think it would matter who the teams were :)

Sign in to follow this