NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Fifa 17

Now that the Demo is out I figured it would be a good idea to create a thread.

I've played two matches and it's a nice improvement on Fifa 17. Of course, not on a grand scale but little things such as faking a throw-in, penalty controls, wide free-kicks and corners, improved through balls, improved handling, etc, are great additions.

Seeing as I only buy Fifa every two years, this year it's time to get the latest installment. Probably not day-one, though.

N-E league, anyone? :p

Do you ever buy/play Pro Evo? ::shrug:

Pro was such a better game than FIFA last year, a much more satisfying game of football for me, and the Champions League license is a peach!

Can't see myself going back to FIFA for awhile now, early impressions seem to suggest it's even better this year :)

Do you ever buy/play Pro Evo? ::shrug:
Pro was such a better game than FIFA last year, a much more satisfying game of football for me, and the Champions League license is a peach!

Can't see myself going back to FIFA for awhile now, early impressions seem to suggest it's even better this year :)

I've always preferred ISS/PES to FIFA.

Played the PES 2017 demo on PS4 recently and it's pretty damn amazing. :awesome:

Will try the FIFA demo (providing it doesn't require EA's account bullshit) but I don't expect it to change what has been the trend for over 20 years now. :heh:

Edited by RedShell

I bought the Euro 2016 version of PES when it released for about £11 on PS3. It's the standard PES 2016 with the DLC on the disc but I think it might be the best football game I've ever played :hehe: In fact, I prefer it to the PS4 version my brother owns!

Edited by nekunando

I've always preferred ISS/PES to FIFA.

Played the PES 2017 demo on PS4 recently and it's pretty damn amazing. :awesome:

Will try the FIFA demo (providing it doesn't require EA's account bullshit) but I don't expect it to change what has been the trend for over 20 years now. :heh:

For me FIFA from 09 to 12 was the best football game, 12 in particular being very very good (although that might be just because it was my peak, got to division 2 in the online leagues before my 360 got nicked!)

However it's been slowly declining to the point where 15 was farcical in my opinion, again maybe playing it too much but you could predict when the computer would score based on certain situations, keepers would always parry the ball out to an attacker to tap in...

PES last year was incredible, easily the best game of football I've played and I'll continue to play it from now on. I was also genuinely surprised that although the premier league team names were "West London Blue" and all that, all the player names were official as well as the rest of Europe. And also the Champions League license is brilliantly used.

Anyway, enough derailing the thread...

Anyway, enough derailing the thread...

Diverting the conversation from FIFA to PES should be encouraged :heh:

My brother usually buys both but it's always Pro Evolution Soccer that gets played. I don't know why he bothers ::shrug:

Played the demo, the Journey mode seems like it could actually be quite entertaining. Football improvement seems incremental as ever.

Also played the pro evo demo and while i can kind of see why it does better with the critics, I just can't gel with it. Maybe I'll give it a few more plays before I write it off completely.

I really liked the demo, it felt good to play when compared to 16. I like the Journey, shame you had to be United but hey that's why its the demo. :p

Though Pro Clubs is where it'll prove whether it'll be a winner for team N-Europe.

I loved 15 but didn't like 16 anywhere near as much. Something about it feels off, almost like it's too slow. It's quite dull at times. I doubt I'll get either PES or FIFA this time around.

A small game named FIFA 17 released in the UK last week and earned the highest UK launch sales of any FIFA title, ever.

FIFA 17 sales were 18 per cent up on last year - and enough that it edged past previous high watermark FIFA 13.

53 per cent of copies were sold on PlayStation 4, while 41 per cent were sold on Xbox One - despite Xbox One S console bundles including the game packed in.

I imagine a lot of the success of this launch was due to the game being part of the cheap Xbox One S and PS4 bundles.

It's weird, I'm not that bothered with this or PES this year. I tried the demo and it doesn't feel all too different from 16. Could easily skip this version I feel and I normally get this every year!

I've been trying both the FIFA and PES demos and I enjoyed FIFA a lot more than I thought I would have. I was on an evening duty at school and played FIFA against one of the older kids and I really like the way it felt and played. Some of the joy that was missing from 16 seemed to be apparent in 17. I bought it and it arrived yesterday and I have to say that the presentation and general feel of the game is stunning. It really does feel like a high-end product.

What's great to me is that it just feels better balanced than 16 was. 16 just felt like they'd ramped up the difficulty/defending to stop you scoring, whereas this is more free-flowing. Some of the things that I wanted to do in 16 but couldn't can now be done here. I've been scoring some great goals, but it's still a challenge in the right places. Think it's been a good purchase.

We haven't played for a few weeks now, normally Monday is the usual day, we may play over the weekend especially if the cups are on, not sure about tonight since lostmario brought it up this morning.

I'll be around tomorrow night then just in case....

How good is your pro? Since we'll be going straight into division 3 you'll need to be a mid 80 player.

How good is your pro? Since we'll be going straight into division 3 you'll need to be a mid 80 player.

I'm level 84 now, you guys doing any cups soon? I need to get some skill points!

I'm level 84 now, you guys doing any cups soon? I need to get some skill points!

Cups were last weekend, it goes in a two week cycle so it won't be open til the weekend after next.

Let lost know, he may let you play as you are now next time we play. I won't be available this week due to work.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I've gone off this game big time.

I truly think that in the search for realism and that replication of real-life football, EA have managed to suck the fun out of the game.

I'm doing manager career mode at the moment and it's becoming a real drag. I just started a match where the opponents are pretty much camped within their own box. You can't take long range shots because the opponents just block EVERYTHING, you can't pass through because the movement is generally poor and there's no real space to move into due to the areas around the goal being overcrowded and you can't really use pace down the wings because the vast majority of players get out-muscled and out-paced by the defenders/opposition wingers. There are far too many instances of this happening and it just becomes repetitive and very chore-like.

The result is that it becomes repetitive very quickly. You don't really have that feeling that you can score from anywhere, especially with the higher difficulties. I don't think changing tactics make a big enough difference either. This will probably be my last FIFA for a while unless they drastically improve it next time around.

Can't say I've experienced the same.

It's all really varied for me. I've scored goals from outside the box, via free kicks, with headers, with volleys, after a counter attack, etc.

I play with all assistances turned off which gives me a lot more freedom.

Especially when I play against my mate we have cracking matches ranging from defensive to full out attack.

Sign in to follow this