NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Run (iOS/Android)

This game hasn't been recieved well? Since when.

10 mil downloads and $4mil revenue on day 1 was what a failure? Wasn't this the biggest appstore launch ever?

This game hasn't been recieved well? Since when.

10 mil downloads and $4mil revenue on day 1 was what a failure? Wasn't this the biggest appstore launch ever?

It has a lot of downloads but I've read that only around 1 in 10 downloaders are actually going on to buy the game.

It has a lot of downloads but I've read that only around 1 in 10 downloaders are actually going on to buy the game.

I don't know what the usual percentage of people that go onto buy games on mobile is after the initial download.

Update

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-12-19-super-mario-run-downloads-hit-37-25m-app-annie

Super Mario Run has been download 37,256,946 times between December 15th and December 17th.

That's according to data firm App Annie, which revealed that the US accounted for 11,052,106 of those downloads and that 1,991,086 UK gamers own the title.

Edited by liger05

37 million downloads in three days? Wow.

@Hero\-of\-Time, mine is 8006-9573-8506

Stolen from Gaf.

Nintendo shares closed 7.1% lower in Tokyo Stock Exchange trading on Monday, extending a losing streak to five days, during which the stock has fallen more than 16%.

The game didn’t gain the No. 1 spot in Japan, one of the world’s largest smartphone game markets, though it landed that position in the U.S. and elsewhere.

...A Nintendo spokesman said the company didn’t plan to release additional content, either free or paid.

“If you were hoping that Mario would perform like Pokémon, then Mario clearly didn’t achieve its mission,” said Hideki Yasuda, an analyst at Ace Research Institute. “But that was placing expectations too high because the Mario game’s business scheme is so different from Pokémon.”

Research company SuperData forecast that the Mario game would generate as much as $15 million in its first month, while “Pokémon Go” and other Pokémon merchandise helped Nintendo boost operating profit by about $100 million in the July-September quarter, when the game was released.

...poor reviews on the Apple platform may hurt Mario’s performance on Android, said Motoi Okamoto, a former Nintendo game director.

Mr. Okamoto, who said he has already finished the Mario smartphone game, said that it was well thought out but its payment structure wasn’t ideal. Players who see that the game is free to download may get an unpleasant surprise when asked to pay $9.99 after just a few levels, he said.

“The game should have either asked players to pay when downloading or given more free content if they were to pursue a free-to-download model,” he said.

I'm a bit shocked that it didn't top the charts in Japan.

I'm disappointed that there will be no expansions or DLC. :(

Oh, when you download the game from the store it says it's free? I'm obviously not defending the people who complain about having to pay for it, but that seems a bit misleading. I thought the free levels were either a separate free download, or that it was clear when you downloaded that the game was not free.

Hopefully with time these kind of comments will go down, and the ones praising how good the game is up.

Holy crap, the black coins on World 3-3! :laughing:

Definitely the most challenging and fun set I've collected so far.

Amazing stuff. :bowdown:

I seriously love how acrobatic Mario is in this game, it reminds me of the first time I saw his crazy new moves in Mario 64. :love:

Would really love to see some of this stuff carry over into Mario Switch, the extra input on landing especially, although it's a very simple thing, it just feels so great to do. :)

Half way through the "campaign", all black coins collected so far. Some are ridiculously tough. Have to say I'm actually enjoying Toad Rally even more. Those get very intense and you have to really concentrate to come out on top.

Had yet another hilarious moment on this when going for the black coins on W4-1. Only needed to grab the last black coin, which is situated in a very awkward position close to the door that leads out to the flagpole.

Anyway, I messed up and before I knew it Mario was heading towards the door (once you go through there's no way back, even with the bubble) at which point it was as if time was in slow motion with me literally shouting out Nooooooooooooooooo! :laughing:

Such a shame the majority of people that play this game will probably miss out on experiencing those kind of moments, due to just playing through once and being done with it. :hmm:

I mean the standard game is still fun, but it's nothing compared to how enjoyable and ultimately rewarding it becomes when going for all the coloured coins. ;)

http://www.androidauthority.com/super-mario-run-makes-estimated-14-million-three-days-737182/

Super Mario Run rakes in estimated $14 million in three days

Super Mario Run generated an estimated $14 million for Nintendo in its first three days on sale, according to a report from app analytics company App Annie. The free title was downloaded approximately 37 million times during this period, with about 1.4 million users paying the $9.99 fee to unlock the full version of the game.

Of the roughly 4% of converted consumers, App Annie said: “While this number may sound unimpressive, it is important to keep in mind that the game’s pre-launch publicity was unprecedented, casting an unusually wide net. This means that all types of users, including those who were extremely unlikely to pay, were targeted.”

Impressive!

My ID is 7022-0600-3675

Weird that none of my FB connections seem to have downloaded this game. Or maybe they just haven't linked it to their social accounts.

Meaning...? Non-competitive I guess?

Much like Nintendo themselves. Amirite?

latest?cb=20110305030306

Meaning...? Non-competitive I guess?

Basically Toad Rally against your friends but without it counting to your total

Basically Toad Rally against your friends but without it counting to your total

It's pants that your limited to 5 uses a day, though. It's a bit harsh cutting off how many times you can races against your friends.

It's pants that your limited to 5 uses a day, though. It's a bit harsh cutting off how many times you can races against your friends.

It did say you can increase that though. I missed how

All black coins GET! :yay:

Unlocked the final extra stage...

Oh. My. God. :heh:

Yep, that's like the Super Mario Run equivalent of Champion's Road right there. In fact, it might be worse. :laughing:

Probably approaching 50 attempts now, still not been able to clear it.

*tries again* :hehe:

All black coins GET! :yay:

Unlocked the final extra stage...

Oh. My. God. :heh:

Yep, that's like the Super Mario Run equivalent of Champion's Road right there. In fact, it might be worse. :laughing:

Probably approaching 50 attempts now, still not been able to clear it.

*tries again* :hehe:

Man, you're like the Dr. Strange of Mario games.

It has to be magic...

Man, you're like the Dr. Strange of Mario games.

It has to be magic...

Well, not sure what it was just now (probably luck :heh:) but I finally managed to beat that stage! :bouncy:

Super exhilarating stuff. icon14.gif

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's impressions on that final level.

There's a particular airship level in Toad Rally that is just incredible for racking up high scores. Bouncing on all the ninjis and cannonballs let's you basically keep Coin Rush mode going for the whole run. Very satisfying but very frantic and you have to really concentrate the whole time.