NEurope
Happenstance

Star Trek Online

Just thought I would mention that Star Trek Online is now on consoles as well as PC.

I've played it on and off from time to time on PC and figured I'd get the console version, see how well it plays with a controller. As MMOs go its not a bad one. I think @Cube has played quite a bit if I remember right.

It's decent, but I never really got much into the MMO side of things - just played through the campaigns.

Woo! Used to love this but then stopped PC gaming, so this is good news for me. :D

I didn't even know this was a thing until you posted it @Happenstance. It doesn't look half bad and I do love me some Star Trek. I may have to give this a download.

In related news, I sat and watched Star Trek VI for the first time in ages. Man, I love that movie. Kirk's "Earth. Hitler. 1938" line always cracks me up. :D

The final battle is great, especially when they finally unveil the Bird of Prey.

Sulu: Target that explosion and fire!

Kirk: Fire!

Love it. :grin:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

The nice thing I always found about STO is that it mixes things up so you can have the on ground stuff or messing around in space on your ship.

I need to have a google and see if my account will transfer over.

EDIT: Nope. I dont mind too much starting again but it is a bit of a shame as I did have a better ship on the PC.

Didn't realise it was out today! My Internet is so slow though, it'll take a day to download. Back to The Tomorrow Children/NMS I go!

Oh yeah I've left it running today while I'm at work and theres no way it'll be done by the time I get home. Unfortunately I dont expect to be playing until tomorrow night.

I remember this game being a bit rough around the edges on PC a few years ago. Seems as though it hasn't changed haha. Ah well, it's not too bad and Star Trek does turn 50 today. It seems a fitting game to play today!

I remember this game being a bit rough around the edges on PC a few years ago. Seems as though it hasn't changed haha. Ah well, it's not too bad and Star Trek does turn 50 today. It seems a fitting game to play today!

Hows it feel on a controller?

Hows it feel on a controller?

Not too bad actually. Takes a bit of getting used to do but doesn't feel bad at all.

If its half as good as star wars galaxies used to be then it will be brilliant!

Is it retail or digital only? what is the subscription like?

If its half as good as star wars galaxies used to be then it will be brilliant!

Is it retail or digital only? what is the subscription like?

It's free to play. There are micro transactions. But I remember not paying before and not stressing over missing out. And digital only I'd wager.

It's free to play. There are micro transactions. But I remember not paying before and not stressing over missing out. And digital only I'd wager.

sweet-jesus.gif

I need to download this now

Hopefully I can get the ship I always want to command but never had a chance on PC about 6 years ago.

I played a bit last night. It seems a bit more buggy than the PC version but it'll do. Weird playing the new training stuff though, I'm still used to it being a borg attack.

I played a bit last night. It seems a bit more buggy than the PC version but it'll do. Weird playing the new training stuff though, I'm still used to it being a borg attack.

I was attacked my the Borg. lol. But the whole beginning bit seems new to me. Unless I just don't remember very well!

It's getting trickier to use abilities now I'm getting more. Just have to get used to it I guess. It is indeed buggy but it's free and it's Star Trek so I'm happy for now.

I was attacked my the Borg. lol. But the whole beginning bit seems new to me. Unless I just don't remember very well!

It's getting trickier to use abilities now I'm getting more. Just have to get used to it I guess. It is indeed buggy but it's free and it's Star Trek so I'm happy for now.

Yeah you do get attacked by the borg eventually in this opening section but originally all the stuff with the Klingons was Borg and you go down to a planet where an attack is taking place.

I'd forgotten Nimoy narrated the game. Moving and upsetting in equal measure.

When do I get to go off and explore? I can't remember. I'm doing the Klingon mission line atm but seem to remember having more than one mission at once when I played a few years ago.

Skip the Sela mission in Romulan Espiode arc cos it crashed the game all the time when you attempting do an away team.

Meanwhile I'm now a Captain and got myself an intrepid class starship.