NEurope
Hero-of-Time

PlayStation Meeting 7th September 2016

Such a shame this kind of stuff is really hard to demo. I'd love to see what those bits in COD look on a 4k tv.

Random question, but we do we know what percentage of TV's sold at the moment are 4K/HDR compatible? They seem to have become really affordable over the last 12-24 months.

Horizon looks simply amazing. God damn.

Edit: HDR firmware update!!!

Wooooo Netflix app!! Just what we want to hear about.

On the plus side, Mass Effect looks amazing.

The applause is incredibly awkward though, one or two people clapping. Yeesh.

It's a huge provider of 4k content at the moment so one minute to confirm it'll be joining is hardly an issue.

Why are you so desperate to hate everything?

That thing looks ugly as sin. November 10th though so I'll definitely be getting one, only 2 weeks after 'The Last Guardian' launches and £50 cheaper than I expected.

The applause is incredibly awkward though, one or two people clapping. Yeesh.

Given that PS4's are a hugely popular for Netflix streaming, it's a great decision to confirm the announcement.

Price announcement is surprising. I'm left disappointed by the Slim price though...a bit too high going into Christmas?

I know someone posted the slim was £299 on the previous page but I'm pretty sure the graphic at the end said either £249 or £259 for the slim.

I can't quite get over how awful that presentation was. Very disappointing.

Nice to see Mass Effect gameplay though, finally. Though it was basically just a few rocket jumps and interacting with a few buttons. Looked beautiful though.

I agree on the price- it's good, makes the slim overpriced in my opinion

Yeah, the Slim's price is a bit odd.

But with everything coming out before Christmas I'm pretty sure Sony will sell lots of consoles.

I know someone posted the slim was £299 on the previous page but I'm pretty sure the graphic at the end said either £249 or £259 for the slim.

That was me, but I got corrected in the chat. I was just focusing on the € price because that's the currency I use :p

Given that PS4's are a hugely popular for Netflix streaming, it's a great decision to confirm the announcement.

Price announcement is surprising. I'm left disappointed by the Slim price though...a bit too high going into Christmas?

Slim is replacing the current model, which I'm sure is still £299 RRP?

There'll be loads of bundles and offers, no doubt. They just wouldn't have them in this meeting.

And with the PS4 still selling bucketloads, they weren't gonna drop the price much, anyway.

So no reason to upgrade then really.

Isn't this what we all wanted?

Yeah it's great news actually. I don't have a 4K TV (yet anyway) but the fact that the option is there is good news.

Btw, I'm so glad that they only invited press to this event. The worst thing about E3 is when companies (I.e. Microsoft) invite all their employees who spend ages cheering and celebrating every minor thing. They should be there to work and report, not have a piss up. Sometimes E3 crowds act as if they are on a plane to Magaluf.

Edit. @Mr\-Paul, is that the RRP? If so then the slim is actually cheaper at retail than the PS4 OG which is good.

Edited by Goron_3

I agree on the price- it's good, makes the slim overpriced in my opinion

Agreed on both accounts.

A very clear presentation but nothing really that interests me, personally. Very interested to see how well this does once it's out and about in the open.

It's really difficult to judge the improvements with the new model when streaming this conference/meeting. I'm not tempted in the slightest and am very content with what we've currently got.

The way I see it, everyone wins. You're either happy with what you've got, you've got two different models to choose from if you haven't got one yet and finally you can sell your old PS4 and upgrade to either model if you wanted to.

Just more reasons to be happy that I bought a PS4 when it originally launched. :)

But plenty of options for anyone who doesn't own a PS4 yet but it planning on investing in one with or without VR. : peace:

I'd say that the presentation has been a success as everyone has a reason to be happy and no one is being left behind, we couldn't have asked for much more than that. ::shrug:

The way I see it, everyone wins. You're either happy with what you've got, you've got two different models to choose from if you haven't got one yet and finally you can sell your old PS4 and upgrade to either model if you wanted to.

And this post is what everybody needs to read. It's a simple concept: You have a choice.

I'm definitely surprised that it's £350, I think a lot more people will buy it than pundits had expected. I'd be surprised if Scorpio comes close in terms of price and Sony can always drop the price to £300 - £325 next November and undercut them.

@Ronnie but what did you want?

We have been telling you for months that you have nothing to worry about and that it was only going to be a 4k PS4 and for months you have been responding telling us all how a disgrace Sony is and that you will be forced to upgrade for hundreds of pounds mid way through a generation.

Looks like we were right. Its nothing. Yes, the presentation was shit. I am not interested in the product. I won't upgrade. This is what I wanted.

Reading through your posts over the past few months I thought this was what you wanted too?

I'm not sure a mini conference was even needed for this.

I like the price but still think it's a tough sell. Not sure there is enough to convince people to buy one especially if you don't win a 4K tv. The slims will sell plenty!!!

I'm definitely surprised that it's £350, I think a lot more people will buy it than pundits had expected. I'd be surprised if Scorpio comes close in terms of price and Sony can always drop the price to £300 - £325 next November and undercut them.

Yeah this is much cheaper than I expected. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this close to what the PS4 launched at back in 2013?

The one thing that they didn't mention was UHD blu-rays. I believe the XBS supports them but they didn't confirm if this console does the same. I imagine that's a big deal to most people given how much UHD players cost.