NEurope
Hero-of-Time

PlayStation Meeting 7th September 2016

Given Sony's track record I can see it being available for around £199/£229, which would give them huge sales going forward.

£259/299€ it is.

Higher than expected :o

Edit: @Daft was right: PS4 Pro!

Edited by drahkon

Yup, far too expensive for a slimmer model.

"Normal" PS4s will most likely drop in price, though. In the end sales will increase, I think.

And a future price cut sometime next year is inevitable resulting in more sales.

This is pretty painful so far. Is this the same team that made the E3 presentation ???

I like the name, as is suggests it indicates it's not a new console, just an upgrade.

Some side by side comparisons would be nice, pretty sure my games look like that already.

Does anyone else find this conference a bit strange.

Seems off to me.

4k rendering or is it just upscaling?

Seems off to me.

4k rendering or is it just upscaling?

It's very WTF so far.

Seems off to me.

I think it's perfect for what they're trying to achieve. A concise presentation of what the PS4 Pro is about. Cerny explains everything calmly and slowly. It all sinks in nicely.

Loving this! I love how it's just a straight up presentation and no gaps for applause or cheesy music.

It's also great how simply they've explained things like HDR and 4K and what the Pro can do.

Loving this! I love how it's just a straight up presentation and no gaps for applause or cheesy music.

It's also great how simply they've explained things like HDR and 4K and what the Pro can do.

Agree. As I mentioned: The presentation is perfect for what they want to achieve.

Did they forget to switch HDR on in that Day's Gone demo?

Haha. Sitting in party chat with Lostmario, blade and gmac and we all said the same thing. This is going to be a VERY hard sell.

Not much to applaud so far

It's a meeting, not a full-on conference, so you shouldn't be expecting a full-on glitzy showcase like E3. Personally, I quite like it, and I think it's a great way to show off the tech, and the difference in quality. This is actually making me want a PS4 Pro (which is a great name!)

Haha. Sitting in party chat with Lostmario, blade and gmac and we all said the same thing. This is going to be a VERY hard sell.

Still thinking the same with that Horizon gameplay? It looks absolutely fantastic, even on a 1080p TV.

So basically, if you have a HDR compatible TV or a 4K screen, it's great. If not, it doesn't seem to make much of difference, at least a noticeable one.

I've got to say, I'm tempted to get a 4K set now, especially as Netflix are producing more 4K content. You can get a good set for under a grand now..I'm definitely interested.

Still thinking the same with that Horizon gameplay? It looks absolutely fantastic, even on a 1080p TV.

The game looked amazing on a normal PS4. ::shrug:

They didn't mention framerates with the PS4 pro.

Did find it funny when the first guy claimed we have reached the limit with 1080p lol

The game looked amazing on a normal PS4. ::shrug:

Of course it did, but it can look even better. :) And that's what the Pro is about.

We'll see what kind of people will buy one.

Of course it did, but it can look even better. :) And that's what the Pro is about.

We'll see what kind of people will buy one.

Agreed, it's going to be interesting to see how far the boundaries can be pushed. PS4 Pro is looking very tempting right now...

Not much to applaud so far

What did you want? PS5?

Its just the PS4 that can play in 4k. This is what we have been saying for months.

Nothing special really to be honest.

Edited by Blade