NEurope
Hero-of-Time

PlayStation Meeting 7th September 2016

Sony will probably be releasing Neo about 3.5 to 4 years after the original PS4.

Since the Pro is likely out this November, it would make 3 years.

Which is quite long enough between hardware releases, if you ask me.

Edited by Daft

i really wanted to watch this but fuck staying up until 4am for it! Looking forward to the reactions when I wake up!

i really wanted to watch this but fuck staying up until 4am for it! Looking forward to the reactions when I wake up!

I thought it was 8pm?

I always think of it as a game in itself, finding which thread the argument has moved to! :D

Personally I couldn't give a toss about being "shafted" by the Neo. My PS4 works great, I don't have a 4K TV and am able to play all the games on what I've got.

Worth a read @Ronnie, it may ease any annoyance about Neo.

Very interesting read.

Personally, I enjoy having the clutter and different consoles kicking about, just like I enjoy physical goods over digital. I like looking at a game or console on the shelf and getting an instant nostalgic feeling, something that just isn't the same when looking at the same game but in digital form.

The only thing that interests, and will annoy, me is how the Neo will effect competitive online multiplayer gaming. If it gives Neo gamers an advantage, then I'd be pissed off.

The only thing that interests, and will annoy, me is how the Neo will effect competitive online multiplayer gaming. If it gives Neo gamers an advantage, then I'd be pissed off.

I wonder how that stuff works now with PCs. Given that the PC platform is probably the more used when it comes to eSports and competitive gaming it either must not cause that much hassle or a solution is around.

But this is what PC gamers have had for years, except they have to manage their own options.

If a game is optimised to run at 60fps on the Neo, but the standard system can't manage that, then I assume it will have to have a reduced-visuals mode so that standard PS4 players can have the same experience.

If developers don't want to deal with this discrepancy, I imagine they'll just limit the framerate in multiplayer to the lowest common denominator.

But this is what PC gamers have had for years, except they have to manage their own options.

If a game is optimised to run at 60fps on the Neo, but the standard system can't manage that, then I assume it will have to have a reduced-visuals mode so that standard PS4 players can have the same experience.

If developers don't want to deal with this discrepancy, I imagine they'll just limit the framerate in multiplayer to the lowest common denominator.

Which is why I've always gamed on console. I prefer the generational set up so that I don't need to faff around with upgrades etc.

If Sony are looking to rid consoles of generations (as such) then I'd probably end up going to PC going forward.

Although as I have a PS4, I hope that something is done to keep online gaming a level playing field this "gen".

The big story for me isn't the NEO, it's the Slim. It's the console that will lead the line for PS4 in the coming years and if they can release it for a competitive price, they'll continue to get closer and closer to the 100m sales mark.

As for PS4K, people are being way too dramatic over it. It's not replacing the PS4 Slim, it will exist alongside it and it will also cost a LOT more (we'll find out the exact amount today). The only way that this could ever be a bad thing for the industry is if Sony somehow sold about 70m NEO consoles within 12 months, because that would make 3rd parties build games around that spec first, dragging down performance on the slim or OG. Of course, this won't happen because the Slim will likely sell significantly more units than it.

It's a luxury product for those that want it. It doesn't effect anyone that doesn't purchase it.

The big story for me isn't the NEO, it's the Slim. It's the console that will lead the line for PS4 in the coming years and if they can release it for a competitive price, they'll continue to get closer and closer to the 100m sales mark.

How much do you think the Slim will cost? It's a bit stupid to speculate because we'll probably know in 3 hours but still :D

You can get a 500GB PS4 for 300€ in Germany in certain places. So a 250€ price point would be reasonable?

How much do you think the Slim will cost? It's a bit stupid to speculate because we'll probably know in 3 hours but still :D

You can get a 500GB PS4 for 300€ in Germany in certain places. So a 250€ price point would be reasonable?

Well you can get a Xbox One Slim for £249 with FIFA here in the UK, and you can currently buy the OG PS4 with games for well under £199 (likely due to the incoming Slim). Given Sony's track record I can see it being available for around £199/£229, which would give them huge sales going forward.

As for the NEO, I expect something around £349/399. Let's see :)

You all joked about Nintendo showing up at this - Miyamoto was just at the Apple event to announce a Mario game for iOS!

You all joked about Nintendo showing up at this - Miyamoto was just at the Apple event to announce a Mario game for iOS!

Hey, I was being serious/stupidly hopeful! :D

Reggie to be at the PS event :D

"There won't be any droughts on the PS4 Neo."

At least he won't break that promise this time :p

Reggie to be at the PS event :D

That makes sense. Online is the air that he breathes, after all.

Which is why I've always gamed on console. I prefer the generational set up so that I don't need to faff around with upgrades etc.

If Sony are looking to rid consoles of generations (as such) then I'd probably end up going to PC going forward.

My point wasn't about upgrading hardware but more that you don't really see people claiming that multiplayer gaming is "unfair" because their system isn't as good.

My outlandish prediction 'Silent Hill' HD Remake alongside first footage of the 'Resident Evil 2' remake.

My point wasn't about upgrading hardware but more that you don't really see people claiming that multiplayer gaming is "unfair" because their system isn't as good.

But I was speaking of myself, not others. As I said, it's what I'm interested in.