NEurope
Hero-of-Time

PlayStation Meeting 7th September 2016

Figured I would fire up a thread for this event.

CpcrhirVMAA6L4X.jpg:large

The event will start at 8pm tonight. Here are the YouTube links.

English Stream

German Stream ( for @drahkon )

The Easy Allies crew have done a show for their bets.

I'll certainly be tuning in and watching it. I'm very intrigued to see how Sony are going to market and spin the Neo. I'm also interested to see if there are any hidden features to the console. I'm also looking forward to finally seeing the NX being shown at this show. :D

I wonder if that rumoured Sony version of the elite controller will be shown. Not something I'd buy myself but it'll be nice for those PS4 users who would like the extra control options.

Could this not be the Slim that they haven't officially announced yet?

Could this not be the Slim that they haven't officially announced yet?

It probably is that as well. Sony have confirmed though that the Neo is being spoken about so its definitely that.

I'm going to predict...

A PS4 Slim, which will replace the current PS4 completely, out as soon as the conference is over

The PS4 Neo, which will have a name like PS4 Pro...or PS4 New

It probably won't look too different to the Slim, maybe have the slight bar through the middle as opposed to across the top

New features like 1080p recording and all that

A list of games that will take advantage of the new tech. Some will be coming soon (The Last Guardian, for example, and fingers crossed for Nioh) and some will be patched, maybe Uncharted 4

VR will be shown off in conjunction with the new PS4

A redesigned controller

...And a new PS Vita... /s

I'll certainly be tuning in and watching it. I'm very intrigued to see how Sony are going to market and spin the Neo.

I'll try to watch it :) Hope to see some people in the chat :D

It will be very interesting to see Sony's marketing approach with the Neo. It needs to be precise and easy to understand.

I wonder if that rumoured Sony version of the elite controller will be shown.

That looks to be either a fake or a third party offer.

Edit: My only prediction: A lot of disappointment from people who except any kind of Red Dead Redemption news.

And one wish: PSVita 2. Never going to happen, though :(

Edited by drahkon

:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

Not like this

Not like this...

I am excite. Show me stuff, Sony.

Still not hyped in the slightest for the Neo, still feels like a slap in the face. It'll be interesting to see Sony's messaging tonight and how they smooth over the negative feelings towards this thing that a big chunk of PS owners have.

Edited by Ronnie

I don't think they have any negative feelings to smooth over, I reckon most people see this as a good thing.

I don't think they have any negative feelings to smooth over, I reckon most people see this as a good thing.

Really? Judging from gaf when it was first getting leaked there were plenty of annoyed fans, it seemed like half the thread was people angered by it.

Really? Judging from gaf when it was first getting leaked there were plenty of annoyed fans, it seemed like half the thread was people angered by it.

Yeah, plenty people on there were upset over it. Colin Moriarty (Kinda Funny/PS I Love You) is also not a fan of it and thinks it could be a disaster if Sony don't handle and market the situation correctly.

While i'm not fussed in the slightest about it, I am interested in seeing how it's going to be presented and how much its going to cost. Who knows, they could actually win me over. I'm certainly no stranger to buying new consoles mid generation. Hell, I bought another Wii when they launched the black model. :D

It may well be around 50/50 in opinion. I've seen both for and against in similar quantities across the net.

One thing I feel it does do is make PC gaming more appealing.

Then half the forum are idiots? I don't know what more to give you. People should just be happy with what they have and stop worrying about what others have.

Do the same people get annoyed that there's a new iPhone being announced today as well?

Then half the forum are idiots?

:indeed:

Do the same people get annoyed that there's a new iPhone being announced today as well?

The irony of calling half of gaf idiotic, and then coming out with this yourself. But no, mobile phones have always seen an annual release, at the very least, so it's very different.

Come on, guys, Lets not make this thread into a mud slinging match. Some people are excited, others aren't. Let's just wait and see what is on offer tonight, shall we?

:indeed:

The irony of calling half of gaf idiotic, and then coming out with this yourself. But no, mobile phones have always seen an annual release, at the very least, so it's very different.

Change always starts somewhere. Progress is never achieved by always doing the same thing. Scorpio supports the idea that change may indeed have arrived.

Not sure what was wrong with my point - a new phone comes out every year from Apple and people who bought the last phone are seemingly fine with it. Some gamers could learn a lesson or two from the phone aficionados. It's all about not being petty and jealous of what other people have.

Edited by Sheikah

Oh god, they're at it again in another thread.

Someone get the hose out.

a new phone comes out every year from Apple and people who bought the last phone are seemingly fine with it.

Ok, now let's pretend that one year, out of the blue, Apple release a brand new and heavily upgraded iPhone, four months after their last one. THAT is the equivalent situation to PS Neo. People would be annoyed, and they wouldn't be 'idiotic' for it.

Stop what? Discussing Playstation Neo in the Playstation Meeting thread? Sure, if you insist...

Ok, now let's pretend that one year, out of the blue, Apple release a brand new and heavily upgraded iPhone, four months after their last one. THAT is the equivalent situation to PS Neo. People would be annoyed, and they wouldn't be 'idiotic' for it.

4 months after?

Sony will probably be releasing Neo about 3.5 to 4 years after the original PS4.

To do a similar comparison, compare a £500-600 iPhone of 4 years ago to one coming out now. The spec differential would probably be about the same, except the Neo will probably be a lot cheaper.

I don't really get it - why do people let the thought of there being something better out there ruin their day? I love my LG G4 even though there is now a G5. I don't worry about a new model coming out and just continue to use my phone like I do.

To do a similar comparison, compare a £500-600 iPhone of 4 years ago to one coming out now. The spec differential would probably be about the same, except the Neo will probably be a lot cheaper.

That's not a valid comparison. Phones are upgraded every year. Consoles are upgraded every six or seven years. The equivalent to Playstation cutting their upgrade cycle in (over) half if it comes out later this year would be a 4-6 month upgrade cycle on phones. People aren't annoyed there's a new iPhone revealed today because they've always been released every year.

Anyway, we've been asked to drop talking about PS Neo...

.....Seems like there are less and less threads you can go in around here these days where you can avoid this annoying back and forth arguing :( (and yes dont worry, I realise I do it myself from time to time but thats only when I've had enough of a "certain someone" and its only in the occassional thread)

That's not a valid comparison. Phones are upgraded every year. Consoles are upgraded every six or seven years.

Can you please provide me with a source for this? I appear to have been doing this wrong all my life.