NEurope
Serebii

Hey! Pikmin (3DS) - 28th July

New Pikmin game. Seems to be an interesting platformer, but still a platformer

use.jpg

Another fantastic surprise from today's superb Nintendo Direct. :)

Reckon I might enjoy this more than any of the previous Pikmin games! :o Really love how it uses both screens too. :awesome: Doesn't seem to have been as much of that on 3DS as there was on DS, but it looks great across 2 screens, and gives a nice sense of scale to everything. icon14.gif

Looks promising! Although I also thought that when they revealed the Chibi Robo platformer and that did not work out very good. I wonder how long the game will be as well.

Another fantastic surprise from today's superb Nintendo Direct. :)

Really love how it uses both screens too. :awesome: Doesn't seem to have been as much of that on 3DS as there was on DS, but it looks great across 2 screens, and gives a nice sense of scale to everything.

THIS! So bad they don't do double screen areas often anymore.

This looks amazing, but I really really hope this isn't Pikmin 4 Miaomoto mentioned. I want Pikmin 4 NX with online bingo battle.... Don't kill the dream just yet!

This looks amazing, but I really really hope this isn't Pikmin 4 Miaomoto mentioned. I want Pikmin 4 NX with online bingo battle.... Don't kill the dream just yet!

I don't think it is. If it were Pikmin 4, then it would have the name "Pikmin 4", none of this wishy-washy tentative name nonsense.

This game has probably been in the making since before Pikmin 3 even came out. Miyamoto did mention that they'd done lots of different experiments in making a Pikmin game for both the DS and 3DS over time, but they didn't end up making them into full games because they felt that it wasn't enough like the existing games to be considered a "Pikmin" game. So the fact that they're actually going ahead with this (and the fact that it lacks a number in the name) means that they consider this a spinoff.

Im not so happy about this even though I love Pikmin. Pikmin is this special title that has always been about quality over quantity with me - Im worried about an over-saturation of something so special to me and the fact that if I was to play this before Pikmin 4 it would numb that anticipation and long-await I've had for it.

Pretty much how I felt with Smash appearing on 3DS before the Wii U.

Edited by King_V

I'm not sure you can consider four games in sixteen years 'oversaturation'.

Im not saying it is, Im saying Im worried that these ports can have me feeling that way about the series.

The potential of getting two Pikmin games in 2017 for example, is something that can lead to that feeling.

Im not saying it is, Im saying Im worried that these ports can have me feeling that way about the series.

The potential of getting two Pikmin games in 2017 for example, is something that can lead to that feeling.

I get what you're saying and I can certainly relate when it comes to Smash Bros. Having 2 versions so close together meant they felt less special to me. Then again, the fact that they kept giving out Smash news every week in the build up to the past 2 games kinda already killed my passion for those games and series as a whole.

Today I have come face to face with real change.

I used to know about pretty much all major game announcements, especially that of Nintendo, but I freaked out when I saw a trailer for this game in the EB Games in Melbourne.

I had no recollection whatsoever of this being announced!

I knew a Pikmin 4 was in development, but had NO IDEA the this game had already been revealed in a Direct. A DIRECT! For Christ's sake how could I have missed that!? And it is one of my favourite series too!!!!?!?!

I can't keep up anymore lads, I'm slipping.

I've just watched the reveal trailer again. It does look really good. Its different from a normal platformer in the sense it seems a constant stream of puzzles. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

I knew a Pikmin 4 was in development, but had NO IDEA the this game had already been revealed in a Direct. A DIRECT! For Christ's sake how could I have missed that!? And it is one of my favourite series too!!!!?!?!

Myself and others still don't believe that this is Pikmin 4 but rather a cool little spinoff. Pikmin 4 will be on the Switch...BELIEVE!

Myself and others still don't believe that this is Pikmin 4 but rather a cool little spinoff. Pikmin 4 will be on the Switch...BELIEVE!

yeah, this better not be Pikmin 4. I still hold out hope for online missions and bingo battle...

Looks fun, and nice graphics.

Never played a Pikmin game before. It has my interest, but i would rather play a game like the first 3 tbh.

Word was some retailers shortly listed a game called "Pikmin World" for Switch with a vague TBD - 2017.

Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Splatoon and Arms one year.

Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing and Metroid next???

A few previews of this:

Eurogamer

Kotaku

Nintendo Life

Will our guys get to try this out before release?

The Eurogamer preview mentioning that the controls are fiddly and that the collisions seem to be off is worrying.

Edited by V. Amoleo

Maaaan, I'm a sucker for anything Pikmin.

Love this franchise!

I hope they go big and bold for the Switch iteration.

A demo is now available on the eShop.

I had a play through of it earlier and I really enjoyed it. The first level is just a tutorial, there's then a small level to play that involves using Red Pikmin and the final level in the demo is more meaty and requires the use of Red and Rock Pikmin. 

The demo left a good impression and I'll be there on launch day.

• Like 2

The demo helped calm my fears and it's actually pretty good. Shame it releases the same time as DQXI.