NEurope
drahkon

The 'Other' Switch Thread

Actually it seems as though the NX might be the wiimotes and gamepad combined, neatly bringing together the Wii, the Wii U, and DS lines. It's all very clever.

Can every style be fully catered to though? As in, will every game then be portable-friendly in terms of saving and accessibility? Will all games have multiple ways of playing? Surely, adding both a traditional play scheme and a motion control focused one wont be an option within the same game.

I'd rather a master of one approach as opposed to a jack of all trades, especially as its highly probably third party support will be at an all time low.

A lot has been said about the hardware that's been speculated but does anyone get the feeling that all of that might be misleading? Does anyone else think that the NX isn't purely hardware but is more of a platform, like steam?

Nah I don't think so. I wouldn't say it's not possible, but a platform needs hardware to run on. Creating just a platform and not new hardware means either a 3rd party/PC releases or something unheard of in the console industry a complete rehaul of how their existing hardware plays games.

Or I'm reading into what you typed too much. I believe there were articles quite a while back talking about how Nintendo may be creating an OS allowing games to be played on varying hardware (e.g. Console and Handheld versions but without doing porting). That would be a platform of sorts I suppose. One I hope comes to light really.

Nah I don't think so. I wouldn't say it's not possible, but a platform needs hardware to run on. Creating just a platform and not new hardware means either a 3rd party/PC releases or something unheard of in the console industry a complete rehaul of how their existing hardware plays games.

Or I'm reading into what you typed too much. I believe there were articles quite a while back talking about how Nintendo may be creating an OS allowing games to be played on varying hardware (e.g. Console and Handheld versions but without doing porting). That would be a platform of sorts I suppose. One I hope comes to light really.

I think that there will be new hardware but it's more likely to be an engine for the software platform, which as you say will be across handheld and the console hybrid. May even be possible that this expands on to mobile too. A whole Ninty ecosystem.

What do you guys think, will the PS4 Slim and Neo impact the NX in a major way? Not talking about the device iteself but rather sales and more importantly the attention it might lose.

Gamers will definitely follow news about the NX but depending on how Nintendo handles the marketing the "casual" crowd might not care for Nintendo's new hardware.

If the Neo is released before Christmas I can see both the upgraded PS4 and PS4 slim crush Sony's competition during holiday season.

It's certainly not gonna help Nintendo, especially when people still don't know what the hell the NX is!

Sony will possibly have the Slim, Neo and VR all out before the end of the year. They are already cleaning house this generation and if their marketing is on point for all 3 of these devices then MS and Nintendo will be struggling for mindshare this holiday season.

I think at this point Nintendo's silence could be doing more harm than good. I image the Neo will be expensive and the VR setup is about the cost of a console. Consumers may be in the market for these, as well as an NX, but may only be able to afford one. If Nintendo don't show their hand then people will spend their money elsewhere.

I image the Neo will be expensive and the VR setup is about the cost of a console. Consumers may be in the market for these, as well as an NX, but may only be able to afford one.

Especially around Christmas.

If Nintendo don't show their hand then people will spend their money elsewhere.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if a reveal shortly after Sony's conference will turn out to be great for them...They should've revealed at least some information weeks ago.

In my opinion Nintendo made a huge mistake by being so silent about the matter...

What do you guys think, will the PS4 Slim and Neo impact the NX in a major way?

Now that we have more information I'd say that nothing has changed. The Neo reveal neither helped nor damaged Nintendo and the NX in any way ::shrug:

I never really expected it to. One is a brand new console and another is an upgrade.

It does amuse me that Sony will have released two new consoles since the Wii U was released and hell, maybe before the NX is even shown at this rate!

Let's revisit this 'reaction' after Christmas. Sony gonna clean up.

Agree. I don't think the PS4 Pro will sell huge numbers but I do think that all PS4 sales (original, Silm, Pro) combined will be huge.

Nintendo needs to release information soon. People will dive into this generation during the Christmas holidays and Nintendo haven't provided anything of value...

If they get their reveal right they might make some people wait and not spend money on an Xbox or PS4. As it stands now, though, both Microsoft and Sony will offer reasonably priced consoles with a great library of games and Nintendo has nothing to show.

So from the overreaction on the Playstation Meeting thread I predict that the NX will bomb as it won't include even a simple DVD player :p

So someone saw and capped that tweet but didn't click the link to tell us what it went through to...?

So someone saw and capped that tweet but didn't click the link to tell us what it went through to...?

I mentioned this in the other thread but it isnt the same style links Amazon use on their tweets anyway.

So from the overreaction on the Playstation Meeting thread I predict that the NX will bomb as it won't include even a simple DVD player :p

I've been meaning to ask this, but what has got people so wound up?

Could someone tell someone who hasn't been following the PS4 Pro news? In a really simple way because I know next to nothing about PS4 related stuff?

I've been meaning to ask this, but what has got people so wound up?

Could someone tell someone who hasn't been following the PS4 Pro news? In a really simple way because I know next to nothing about PS4 related stuff?

People are complaining that it's doesn't have an ultra HD Blu Ray player.

People are complaining that it's doesn't have an ultra HD Blu Ray player.

Wow, I was expecting something a bit more substantial.

They might not be pretty, but aren't those sandwiches almost always better?

There's also the fact it looks like a double decker sandwich.

Hows that not a pro?

A PS4 Pro.

Yeahhhh.

So, TGS is this week and i'm baffled that Nintendo still haven't announced what the NX is yet. Surely it would have been better to get everything out in the open by now? This would have allowed Japanese developers to at least show off and talk about what they have during the course of TGS week. It would have been a good way to get the thing in the hands of everyone, as well.

With this being the last major gaming convention of the year, I guess they really are just going to do their own thing for the press and leave it at that.

So, TGS is this week and i'm baffled that Nintendo still haven't announced what the NX is yet. Surely it would have been better to get everything out in the open by now? This would have allowed Japanese developers to at least show off and talk about what they have during the course of TGS week. It would have been a good way to get the thing in the hands of everyone, as well.

With this being the last major gaming convention of the year, I guess they really are just going to do their own thing for the press and leave it at that.

We all have ideas as to what we think Nintendo should do and can't quite understand the prolonged and ongoing silence but they surely have some sort of plan in place that they feel will yield the best results so we ultimately have to be patient and see what happens.

I predict the silence will be broken this week :grin:

We all have ideas as to what we think Nintendo should do and can't quite understand the prolonged and ongoing silence but they surely have some sort of plan in place that they feel will yield the best results so we ultimately have to be patient and see what happens.

I predict the silence will be broken this week :grin:

Given what happened with the Wii U, you'll have to excuse if I remain skeptical. :D