NX - One Revival, One Crossover, One Exclusive

Typical spite-filled Nintendo fans who just want to watch the world burn :heh:

Oh please :p The Bayonetta fallout was hilarious. I want that on a bigger scale

Remember when they tried to repeat that with Devil's Third? :heh:

Remember when they tried to repeat that with Devil's Third? :heh:

Yeah but that wasn't a game anyone cared about

Look no further than when Final Fantasy XIII got announced for the 360 as well as PS3. The incident with Rise of the Tomb Raider also had a massive fallout.

Mario Galaxy 4 being announced as Nintendo's first 3rd party title after the failure of the Nintendo N-Xtreme!

Look no further than when Final Fantasy XIII got announced for the 360 as well as PS3. The incident with Rise of the Tomb Raider also had a massive fallout.

Oh yeah, that was funny too. Made even more funny because it was people getting outraged over a game being available on more consoles.

I think the phrase "This is why we can't have nice things" was completely appropriate.

COD is selling brilliantly still, over 22 millions copies of Black Ops 3 sold and DLC selling more than ever. It's still very much a powerhouse!

Oh yeah, that was funny too. Made even more funny because it was people getting outraged over a game being available on more consoles.

I think the phrase "This is why we can't have nice things" was completely appropriate.

What makes FF13 extra funny in hindsight was that it turned out to be a game that everybody ended up hating :laughing:

Yeah but that wasn't a game anyone cared about

People did care about it at the time though :p

Does beg the question, what major, well known, recently cancelled game could Nintendo try and revive at this point? Can't say that much springs to mind for me...

Edited by Dcubed

What makes FF13 extra funny in hindsight was that it turned out to be a game that everybody ended up hating :laughing:

I love it. ::shrug: Played through it twice, once on each platform and got all the trophies and achievements for it.

FFXIII was great. It got a bad reputation for various reasons, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. XIII-2 was also great.

FFXIII was great. It got a bad reputation for various reasons, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. XIII-2 was also great.

Indeed.

I still need to play LR. I've had it sitting on my shelf for ages now.

Yeah same. It came out very late into the life of the system and I was already playing other games by then.

Revival: Turbo Machines. I know this isn't a Nintendo franchise, but I'd love to play a revival of this, with 8 player local, 32 player online races, with amazing graphics and a 1st person option for online. Would be a hilarious multiplayer.

Crossover: No Man's Sky and Super Mario Galaxy. I have no idea how this would work but I saw some aliens the other day on a new planet in NMS that really looked like they needed a stomp on the head. Imagine procedurally generated Mario levels! Amazing! Wow!

Exclusive: This category does seem ripe for pinching a popular game and locking it down to the NX. Otherwise, what's the point! So i'll say either the next Halo, or whatever Bungies next game turns out to be. Or maybe Civ6? I don't know.

Revivals are the only thing I really have an opinion on. Crossovers feel gimmicky and I have no love for exclusive titles.

Full 3D, single player (focused) Mario

I don't want to dredge up the whole SM3DW debate so I hope I've narrowed this down enough. Galaxy 2 came out in 2010 so it fits. I want more Mario, with an overworld and secrets and replayability. I want the kind of game people are still speedrunning in twenty years time. Basically I want Super Mario 64 2.

OR

Metroid

2D Metroid titles should be reserved for the 3DS, it's the perfect platform for it. I don't want the capability of a console wasted like I (personally) feel it is with the likes of Super Mario Bros games or Sonic 4. I want a gimmick-free new 3D Metroid game that captures that stunning atmosphere from the first Metroid Prime. No cheesy anime style storylines, let us discover the game as we go.

Revivial - Ahhhh! I second these! Would definitely take a proper new 3D Mario with an excellent hub world and more open nature, with secrets and options etc as Shorty mentions.

Failing Mario I'd go for a new 3D Metroid ala Metroid Prime.

Orrrr....something ExciteBots-esque in the modern vibe.

Crossover - Hmm. I'm not really sure on this one tbh. I feel like I want something a bit Animal Crossingy but with more to it- maybe a bit of that+a bit of the HM vibes? Could it work? I dunno.

Exclusive - This would have to be a new Monster Hunter for me. Whilst I've not played tons of Monster Hunter, I do think with the NX console/handheld nature this would be perfect. Meet people out and about and go on little local hunts together - become friends and go on hunts online at home too. Maybe you get access to bigger/different locations in Home/docked mode than you just as a handheld.

Revivial - Ahhhh! I second these! Would definitely take a proper new 3D Mario with an excellent hub world and more open nature, with secrets and options etc as Shorty mentions..

Don't worry.. there's going to be a moment during the presentation where the screen goes black and you hear 'It's-a-me.. Mario!' echo from the speakers. Up comes Peach's Castle as the camera zooms around and everyone thinks it's Super Mario 64 HD. You then see something you don't recognize and then BAM! IT'S A SEQUEL :bouncy:

BELIEVE : peace:

I don't know what I would actually want from a Mario game these days. I never really liked the 3D ones and while I loved the 2D games and thought New Super Mario Bros was great when it came out, I'm definitely burnt out on those now as well.

Does beg the question, what major, well known, recently cancelled game could Nintendo try and revive at this point? Can't say that much springs to mind for me...

F-Zero perhaps?

Revival: Metroid Prime, shouldn't need to explain.

Crossover: Donkey Kong Country Maker, shouldn't need to explain.

Exclusive: Lego games, just seems the most logical. Besides, I don't like to see the world burn :D

Revival: A brand new F-Zero. GX is way too broken to simply add online multiplayer and then rerelease.

Crossover: Where's Wally X Paper Mario.

Exclusive: Rogue Squadron 4.

Revival: Earthbound Give Earthbound the 3D makeover the other franchises have received. A good solid RPG game that many people love and is in desperate need of a revival.

Crossover: Mario Crossover The game sort of already exists in flash world, but I do believe a Mario Maker style game but where you're able to use the abilities from other franchised characters instead of just looking like them.

Exclusive: Half Life 3 Just kidding, but could you imagine :smile:

Exclusive: Beyond Good & Evil 2 A well liked game which is long over-due and one that many people would love to see and play.

Wishful Thinking: Perfect Dark A half decent single player campaign with a solid 'back to basics' online multiplayer. No upgrades, no special abilities just a pure shooter experience.

Sign in to follow this