NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts New Book

Dark Horse Books are bringing a Zelda artbook out at the beginning of next year:

51DYr0Xje-L.jpg

The Legend of Zelda™: Art and Artifacts contains over four hundred pages of fully realized illustrations from the entire thirty-year history of The Legend of Zelda™ including artwork from the upcoming The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild! Every masterwork is printed on high-quality paper in an oversized format so you can immerse yourself in the fine details of each piece. This book includes rare promotional pieces, game box art, instruction booklet illustrations, official character illustrations, sprite art, interviews with the artists, and much, much more! The Legend of Zelda™: Art and Artifacts collects many of your favorite masterpieces from the storied franchise, as well as rare and never before seen content, presented in one handsome hardcover.

Select artwork from the entirety of the franchise!

A nostalgic look at the past!

An exciting look at the future!

Interviews with some of the artists behind The Legend of Zelda™ series!

Amazon.com listing (doesn't seem to be on Amazon.co.uk yet).

Kinda what I was hoping to get more of with HH(not that I disliked that) - are there any snaps of the inside at all though?

Yeah I really wanna see inside it.

Hopefully they'll do more of these.

It's weirdly specific but I'd like to see how they handle/decide colour palettes across their games. Doubt we'd get that book though.

There are some pictures on Amazon.com page I linked, not sure if that's what your after though.

Ahhh, had a little look - only a few pic but it's kinda what I was expecting/hoping for. I used to love a lot of the official art they did to accompany the games, I recall the Prima guides tended to feature bits in them too which I really enjoyed(had one for Oracles games). It's interesting seeing them do so much more around the game than needed, don't feel like that's something that really occurs much anymore.

Ah if it's just finalised art I'd be less inclined. Hopefully they'll include sketches and work in progress stuff too.

I might be tempted to get it. I do like the occassional Zelda game and the art for the series has always been excellent. Would go well in my collection.

Didn't realise it was only £25, think i'll definitely pick it up and hopefully it will be followed pretty swiftly by 'Breath Of The Wild'.

@Ike Speedy Hen are selling the collectors edition for £45.

HERE

What's the difference between this and the normal version? I have the normal one preordered, worth changing.

What's the difference between this and the normal version? I have the normal one preordered, worth changing.

It has a limited edition slipcase and cover, as seen in the video Ronnie posted the other day.

It has a limited edition slipcase and cover, as seen in the video Ronnie posted the other day.

Ah, didn't realise. It's glorious, but not £20 glorious.

Ah, didn't realise. It's glorious, but not £20 glorious.

£20 is the standard measure of Zelda extraness nowadays ;)

@Ike Speedy Hen are selling the collectors edition for £45.

HERE

Are they reliable, never heard of them before.

£20 is the standard measure of Zelda extraness nowadays ;)

12ZDIx1Mw1cXVm.gif

I've heard of them but never used them myself. Looking at the comments on HUKD it seems some have had positive experiences with them but others haven't. I suppose it depends if you want to take the risk and save a bit of cash or just pay the full amount but have a secure order with a trusted retailer.

I think I've ended up with a few things from them via eBay, Amazon, and Rakuten/Play.com when they still had the marketplace. I wasn't intentionally shopping with them per se so I noticed the repeated coincidence - but they fulfilled my orders fine each time. Must admit that was a few years back now too - anything could have changed by now but I'd personally be happy to give them a crack again if they had what I wanted at a good price.

EDIT: Tell a lie; just looked at their site and I do believe I ended up buying that Pokemon quote book from there just before Xmas. Came quicker than I expected considering it was at my parents on Xmas day, and I think I only ordered it like a week or so before! Was quite shocked by that(and annoyed, as it was too late to give to anyone :p, but that's not anyone's fault but mine).

EDITEDIT: Got excited seeing posts here! Thought it was out already/sooner than Feb :( Not that I'm going to buy it any time soon but I wanna see more of the inside so I can decide whether it's gonna be something I pick up!

Edited by Rummy

Honestly I'm very underwhelmed by these Zelda books. This one for example seems to just contain exactly what you'd find if you Googled Zelda artwork for each of the games - there seems to be very little/next to no original artwork in them from what I've seen of people flicking through them and promotional images. It's all artwork that's been seen a thousand times.

Honestly I'm very underwhelmed by these Zelda books. This one for example seems to just contain exactly what you'd find if you Googled Zelda artwork for each of the games - there seems to be very little/next to no original artwork in them from what I've seen of people flicking through them and promotional images. It's all artwork that's been seen a thousand times.

TBH, I'm more interested in the interviews with the art staff than the art itself. I mean, it'll be a nice art collection book I'm sure, but it's the ancillary bits that are the most interesting by far.

Hyrule Historia is perhaps what you're after, full of concept art and info about each game. This is just a collection of official artwork from the series, no bad thing IMO given how gorgeous the artwork often is.

Sign in to follow this