NEurope
nekunando

XBOX 360 Download Recommendations

As many of you will know, I had an XBOX 360 for about 12 months throughout 2010 but sold it due to a lack of any real interest in most of the software.

Last year, or perhaps even before, my brother picked up the console and played it only a couple of times before boxing it away never to be touched again. As wasteful as that most certainly was, he told me I could borrow it if I wanted and that I could make use of the 2100 Microsoft Points he hadn't yet opened.

I decided I may as well make some use of the console but I've already picked up the few games that interested me in the past on PS3 and I'm wondering if there's any exclusives worth picking up?

The 2100 Microsoft Points equated to just over £18 to spend. Having had a quick look through the Arcade titles the other night, nothing really stood out to me other than perhaps Radiant Silvergun for £9.99, considering I loved Ikaruga :love:

Any suggestions? :smile:

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Jetpac Refuelled

Perfect Dark

Rez

Sega Vintage Collection - Monster World

Sonic CD

Zuma

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Perfect Dark

Rez

I already own these 4 on their original consoles and think it may be a bit of a waste if I don't use the funds available for something I can't pick up elsewhere :smile:

Banjo-Tooie wouldn't really be an option anyway as I didn't exactly fall in love with it on N64, unlike the original, though I find the change of font highly unsettling while playing the trial of Banjo-Kazooie on XBOX 360 :heh:

I will certainly look into your other suggestions, though : peace:

So that leaves you with...

Jetpac Refuelled

Sega Vintage Collection - Monster World

Sonic CD

Zuma

I purposely gave you eight options, knowing full well you'd probably be able to discount half of them straight away. ;)

OK, here's my reasonings for the titles above...

Jetpac Refuelled - update of a classic Rare title with an amazing visual style and an excellent soundtrack in addition to being really fun to play.

SVC - Monster World - three titles within the same series - technically in this case - for one low price and one of them just happens to be the up until then not even released over here Monster World IV.

Sonic CD - the now definitive version of the title which was only really available on the Mega CD and PC in the first place for ages, contains fan-developed extras, think of it as a prelude to Sonic Mania.

Zuma - just a really addicitive, fun, cheap puzzle game, get the sequel too if you like it.

And if you don't like any of those titles, I could probably come up with some more suggestions. : peace:

I purposely gave you eight options, knowing full well you'd probably be able to discount half of them straight away. ;)

Haha.. you know me well enough by now to know that it's almost something of a miracle that I only discounted half of them :heh:

Shadow Complex. If you like Metroid like games, you can't go wrong with this gem.

If you like puzzle platformers, you can do a lot worse than Fez, Braid or The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom.

Bastion.

:bowdown:

You're gonna hate that it only took until the 6th second of that video for me to decide that I wasn't feeling Bastion, something that was further compounded by watching the rest of the review.

Please try again :heh:

I logged into my MS account for the first time in years to remind myself of some of my favourite downloadable 360 games. It was, frankly, the king of such games, so you're spoilt for choice. On the other hand, Bastion is amazing and you are completely wrong, which reminds me that you never like anything good.... :heh:

If you have someone to play local multiplayer with: Castle Crashers or Dungeon Defenders.

Otherwise:

Braid

Super Meat Boy

Limbo (check if this is free? it was on Xbox One for a while)

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Plants vs Zombies (better on a tablet - not the freemium version - or PC, but still awesome)

N+

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Nah, I won't bother, as you have such a narrow taste in games it's hard to recommend anything to you that was made after the 90s.

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Yup. Another amazing game. I got it for the PS4 via PS+ and loved it to bits.

Nah, I won't bother, as you have such a narrow taste in games it's hard to recommend anything to you that was made after the 90s..

Eugh.. you're probably right. I've checked out most of the games people have recommended so far and I just can't get excited for any of them :red:

It's depressing.. :(

Eugh.. you're probably right. I've checked out most of the games people have recommended so far and I just can't get excited for any of them :red:

It's depressing.. :(

Why don't you just get them anyway? The only thing really stopping you from enjoying these games is you. :heh:

Get them, play them and enjoy them for what they are.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions :smile:

I have to be honest and say that I don't think I've had the console on again since I last posted in this thread which highlights just how little enthusiasm I have for the XBOX 360 in general :hmm:

Nah, I won't bother..

This response has stuck with me since you posted it, @Hero\-of\-Time :hmm: In some ways, it made me feel bad about myself as I'm clearly coming across as being rapidly dismissive of the games you guys all seem to know and love but my feelings are genuine and I actually can't feel positivity or excitment about a lot of what has been suggested or even the popular games of the last decade or so. It makes me feel a little sad :sad:

Just buy Radiant Silvergun as you'd originally planned as it's fantastic and I still can't believe to this day that it even got a digital release as the only other alternative is spending £100 on a Japanese copy for the Sega Saturn where it originated. :)

Continuing with this theme, why not buy Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? It's an absolute classic and although you can buy it in more than one place digitally, this is still much cheaper than getting it on the original Playstation that's for sure. :D

Oh and if you haven't already, I'd advise buying one of those Fightpads as having a controller with a decent d-pad is essential when playing Xbox 360 arcade games. : peace:

Edited by S.C.G

Just buy Radiant Silvergun as you'd originally planned as it's fantastic and I still can't believe to this day that it even got a digital release as the only other alternative is spending £100 on a Japanese copy for the Sega Saturn where it originated. :)

I actually did buy Radiant Silvergun but have only tried it once so far! I do rather like it, as expected, but I'd certainly need to give myself plenty of time to get the hang of all of the different moves :grin:

Continuing with this theme, why not buy Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? It's an absolute classic and although you can buy it in more than one place digitally, this is still much cheaper than getting it on the originaly Playstation that's for sure. :D

I have Symphony of the Night on PS3 :smile: My love for Dawn of Sorrow on DS, the first 2D Castlevania game I ever played, meant that I was always looking forward to trying out the PS1 classic. By the time that happened, though, I'd also been through Portrait of Ruin, Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance, Super Castlevania IV, Rondo of Blood and large portions of Order of Ecclesia and Circle of the Moon and have found myself to have been burnt out by the franchise. After all that, Dawn of Sorrow still remains my favourite but I haven't been any further than an hour or 2 into Symphony of the Night at this point.

Oh and if you haven't already, I'd advise buying one of those Fightpads as having a controller with a decent d-pad is essential when playing Xbox 360 arcade games. : peace:

I can't actually see myself investing any money into the console as I'll most likely give it back to my brother. I was even in town the other day with Gears of War and Halo 3 both in CeX marked at £1 each and I still didn't bite ::shrug:

I'm a lost cause!