NEurope
ReZourceman

Goafer And I Started A Let's Play YouTube Channel....

Ite.

So you may know that once upon a time I started a gaming channel, amongst my many others. Unfortunately I didn't have the time commitment to keep up with it, with my hundreds of other channels - and it quickly fell to the by...land, standing, places.

Anyway, to cut a long story I found a loyal partner in Goafer who has graciously taken on most of the work load, and we feel that we now want to start promoting it. We've been running it for a few months now, trying to get into our groove, and finding our feet, so we'd very much appreciate any feedback you have.

We have had some minor audio issues, which we're working on, but yeah...other than that, we would REALLY appreciate it if you guys watched the videos, and hopefully you enjoy them and you give us a cheeky subscription.

Some choice quotes

You just know they get home and have an asphyxywank.

Beats by Dr Dre? Better than Beats by Chris Brown.

Do you think Zack, the Black Ranger liked his Zord? He must've done.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuvxtcDOJPjFdwSmaSMSjFQ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuvxtcDOJPjFdwSmaSMSjFQ

I like you guys, I like listening to you speak and I like video games, this bodes well for me.

Thanks guys, it means a lot. I hate being on camera/mic (I flat out refused to do it at first, but Mike being the persistent shit that he is convinced me), so it's good that people seem to like it.

I like the mixture. It's a lot of fun.

It also gives me hope that Comedy Rainbow will make a comeback...

...speaking of, we were the OGs of reaction videos!!! Lads, we should've stuck to it and got in before Fine Bros did! haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'll give it a spin later on. Watching too many LPs as it is already.

I'll give it a spin later on. Watching too many LPs as it is already.

We've tried to make them shorter. Also think of them more as total laddage bants rather than LPs.

I watched a couple of videos the other week when I saw it in the related videos bit, funny stuff guys :) already subscribed. Makes me want to do more of my own!

I watched a couple of videos the other week when I saw it in the related videos bit, funny stuff guys :) already subscribed. Makes me want to do more of my own!

We'd love to have you on as a guest actually.

We'd love to have you on as a guest actually.

Well now that I have weekends free with my new job I'd be up for that any time : peace:

Were I located in the UK, I would most definitely also love to get involved. I've been fantasising a bit about doing let's plays.

Latest episode went up yesterday:

Thanks again for all the positive feedback. The whole thing has been a bit of an interesting experience. I generally hate being on camera/mic, but I'm getting comfortable with it now and I've had some good feedback on some of the FRUK episodes I've been on, which has further helped my confidence. We're also still tinkering with the format/schedule, so things may change and there may be a few one-off episodes/new series'.

Currently it's Meat Boy on Sundays, Persona on Wednesdays, but that may change as we add special episodes etc.

We did a special episode where we did facecam (sort of) as a trial. I personally am not a fan, but the episode itself isn't too bad:

We've finally sorted out audio issues and will have decent audio once we've worked through our episodes from the previous recording session. Embarrassingly, we'd been recording from the laptop's internal mic instead of the Snowball. Audacity must have switched back to the internal mic when I was sound editing without the Snowball plugged in. I'm actually quite impressed with what the internal mic managed to achieve TBH.

Good luck with your channel you two, I have my own gameplay channel and also struggle with uploading content on a regular basis. It's probably best to do this venture together since you can play off each other with banter and the like which if one isn't that charismatic can be pulled up by the other and can generally entertain the viewers better.

We've finally sorted out audio issues and will have decent audio once we've worked through our episodes from the previous recording session. Embarrassingly, we'd been recording from the laptop's internal mic instead of the Snowball. Audacity must have switched back to the internal mic when I was sound editing without the Snowball plugged in. I'm actually quite impressed with what the internal mic managed to achieve TBH.

Yeah, I'd be wary of that every, EVERY time. Whenever I plug in my mic to record stuff, it swaps the default speakers over to it as well. I have the control panel open before I even turn on the phantom power now.

Yeah, I'd be wary of that every, EVERY time. Whenever I plug in my mic to record stuff, it swaps the default speakers over to it as well. I have the control panel open before I even turn on the phantom power now.

Yeah, on the latest session I checked that it was the right mic religiously before pressing record every time. Can't believe such a simple/stupid mistake ruined the audio for so many episodes. I recovered it as best I could and managed to get rid of the background noise, but it left it sounding echoey due to the internal mic recording everything, whereas the Snowball only records stuff close to it (at least on the setting we use).

Super happy with the audio now though, so going forward we should be able to at be able to sound pretty pro.

We've changed the format slightly, with one long running series and a few mini series. First mini series is Surgeon Simulator, which went up today:

The main playthrough is Super Meat Boy, but that might change soon...

We've changed the format slightly, with one long running series and a few mini series. First mini series is Surgeon Simulator, which went up today:

The main playthrough is Super Meat Boy, but that might change soon...

I enjoyed this mini series. Personally only been watching Meatboy as never played Persona and don't want to spoil it as it's sat waiting to be played on my Vita. Looking forward to more Surgeon Simulator even if it looks like this poor sod will keep getting killed.

We've just had a recording session a week ago, so the content for the next month or so is pretty much set in stone, but we have something lined up for the next session that will hopefully live up to Surgeon Simulator.

In the mean time, there is another Surgeon Simulator coming and a couple of other games. Plus, Halloween is soon...

We got bored with Super Meat Boy, so we stopped it. We had requests for a co-op game, so as tradition dictates, we put 2 co-op games into DOA:

(This is also the last video to feature shit audio)