NEurope
RedShell

So let's just say we can see the future of NX...

Do you think you'd support a Nintendo only NX?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think you'd support a Nintendo only NX?

No doubt I'll be there day one. No doubt at all. Wii u is in some ways, relatively, the worst console Nintendo have released yet this console out of most others have convinced me that Nintendo is where my gaming lies and however "great" the ps4 is it is probably the worst console bought. But more because if my life situation and how much time I have. Being more focussed in what I play, it seems it's 95% Nintendo. So yeah, I'd be more than happy with another Wii u, but with all 3ds games on it too. That sounds perfect.

Also, I think pikmin 3, Splatoon and wind walker HD are three of my favourite games of all time. Super Mario maker is up there. Mari kart and smash are series best for me so actually I think the Wii u has a lot to elevate it in hindsight!

Soooo... When I joined N-Europe, @lostmario stopped buying WiiU games.

Maybe there's some kind of connection? Surely, this requires investigation!

@Ashley to write a 15 part investigative series for the website?

Maybe you dominated the Mario Kart League too much? :heh:

@Ashley to write a 15 part investigative series for the website?

Instalment one: Is LostMario a Lost Mario, or someone that Lost Mario?

That's right, I'm starting with philosophical questions and working my way from there!

Instalment one: Is LostMario a Lost Mario, or someone that Lost Mario?

That's right, I'm starting with philosophical questions and working my way from there!

Shocking twist! Turns out he actually lost Luigi and tried to cover it up with his username. Oh, the Scandal!

No doubt I'll be there day one. No doubt at all. Wii u is in some ways, relatively, the worst console Nintendo have released yet this console out of most others have convinced me that Nintendo is where my gaming lies and however "great" the ps4 is it is probably the worst console bought. But more because if my life situation and how much time I have. Being more focussed in what I play, it seems it's 95% Nintendo. So yeah, I'd be more than happy with another Wii u, but with all 3ds games on it too. That sounds perfect.

Also, I think pikmin 3, Splatoon and wind walker HD are three of my favourite games of all time. Super Mario maker is up there. Mari kart and smash are series best for me so actually I think the Wii u has a lot to elevate it in hindsight!

From the perspective that I want Nintendo to do well because it would suck if they did go away, the Wii U is a disappointment.

However, for me, Splatoon alone has put it well above the wii in terms of endearment. remove the shocking load times from lego city and you'd have an amazing single player open world game. mario kart actually has the makings of an interesting new mode (the battle mode in the mk league got me thinking that some meaningful changes to make the tracks tighter and introduce track hazards that make camping and hiding less attractive choices and it could be really fun!) even if it fails massively by ditching the original battle mode.

Mario maker was more fun when I could actually enjoy designs by my nephew (Nintendo have kindly chosen to stop me being able to comment/star his courses because we use the same wii U. This is despite us living in different countries (and using completely different Wii Us).. thanks for that Nintendo.)

But yeah overall I am in the same situation, with the limited time I have, a PS or xbox would be a terrible investment for my tastes. I appreciate others would be in similar situations with the NX!

I've voted no.

In my opinion, Nintendo's last really good platform was the DS because it had a fantastic combination of software. The balance of exceptional 3rd party ip like Layton, Phoenix wright, castlevania, contra and so on with a very strong first party offering but mixed in with some broader appeal games made for one of the most balanced catalogues of titles since the SNES.

I don't think nintendo is interested in attracting excellence from outside japan. I'm spending more and more time with sony being able to do that for me our my PC.

I'm not going to be spending £200 to play just Zelda, Mario, kart and smash (doubtful about another true metros ever happening). I've played so many of each of them now that I'd rather spend my time playing new series.