NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Stranger Things

Finished S3... Fucking amazing!

Spoiler

Bawled my eyes out at that last episode!

13 hours ago, Kav said:

Finished S3... Fucking amazing!

Season 3 (Hide contents)

Bawled my eyes out at that last episode!

I think that 

Spoiler

If “The American” in the post credits scene turns out to be Hopper, I’ll be very disappointed as that was a fitting send off for him. I honestly think the writers put that in if they can manage to convince Harbour to do another season and if not, they’ll make it to be Eleven’s “dad” who supposedly got killed by the Demogorgon in s1, but we learned survived in s2

Edited by Dog-amoto
  • Like 1

Just now, Dog-amoto said:

I think that 

Finale (Hide contents)

If “The American” in the post credits scene turns out to be Hopper, I’ll be very disappointed as that was a fitting send off for him. I honestly think the writers put that in if they can manage to convince Harbour to do another season and if not, they’ll make it to be Eleven’s “dad” who supposedly got killed by the Demogorgon in s1, but we learned survived in s2)

Spoiler

The only reason I’m thinking it could possibly be Hopper is that we didn’t see any evidence of his remains... no blood or anything, like he just vanished...

Makes me wonder if they’ll say he went through the gate before the machine exploded and then the Russians found him after opening a gate in Russia, hence the demogorgan being there... ::shrug:

Halfway through and I'm enjoying the story. My main concern is that it's becoming a little bit stale and "more of the same" storywise but they have shaken it a bit up. I do really hope they don't continue it now, though, I don't think I'll need a season 4 right now. Perhaps I want it more in 10 years, where the gang is more grown up and things have settled more in the town. I think that would be cool.

Finished it on Wednesday and enjoyed the season quite much - but not as much as previously. I feel that the formula is getting a bit old and that they really have to renew for the obvious coming of season 4. I think I would have preferred that this would have been the final season.

Going to re-watch Season 2 of this today before making a start on Season 3. Looking forward to it. :D 

Overall, I've found season 3 a bit meh. Too many silly moments, too much "ooh, look at our quirky 80s things" and not enough plot.

Spoiler

What were the Russians actually trying to do? Obviously they were trying to open the gate, but why? Literally no motivation or reason, just "because Russia".

On 12/07/2019 at 10:12 AM, Goafer said:

Overall, I've found season 3 a bit meh. Too many silly moments, too much "ooh, look at our quirky 80s things" and not enough plot.

For example (Reveal hidden contents)

What were the Russians actually trying to do? Obviously they were trying to open the gate, but why? Literally no motivation or reason, just "because Russia".

Spoiler

Just a theory, but perhaps a gate was opened in Russia back in Season 1.

Given Eleven’s powers opened the gate, and that she was using her powers to spy, perhaps gates opened up both in Hawkins & Russia when she was spying on the Russians.

The Russians  start investigating the Upside-Down, of course, and learn of the Hawkins gate (source gate)... however, in Season 2 Eleven closes the gates and so the Russians are unable to continue investigating, so they decide to start experimenting at the source gate in Hawkins. ::shrug:

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

Well, didn't Alexei state that they tried to recreate the gates in Russia but it failed. Then they learned that they had to be closer to "the source" of the gates, which is in Hawkins, and that's why they were there.

However, I don't understand why they wanted to in the first place. But I guess it's the same logic that puts men on the moon.

• Like 1

Teaser for Season 4 is out:

I must admit that I didn't recall why this teaser was so surprising until I read about the end of season 3.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2022 at 7:43 AM, bob said:

Will Daniel Radcliffe be in it?

Now we know.

Spoiler

He wasn't.

• Haha 1

Finally started watching this a month or so back. Finished Season 3 last night.

This show is incredible. 

Will give it a few days then jump straight into S4. Hard to rank the first three seasons tbh, watching them back to back the quality remains high pretty much the whole way.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's a fun show to watch. I really enjoyed Season 4 and it's probably my favourite season along the first one. The show has assembled a nice collection of side characters, rather than just relying on Eleven. I'd even go as far as to say that she's one of my lesser favourite characters, overall. 

I'm a big fan of how they organised season 4 with the longer episodes. It did feel like we were watching a collection of shorter films. The fourth episode is a highlight and is most likely my personal favourite of the entire show. It's a masterpiece. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Yeah, it's a fun show to watch. I really enjoyed Season 4 and it's probably my favourite season along the first one. The show has assembled a nice collection of side characters, rather than just relying on Eleven. I'd even go as far as to say that she's one of my lesser favourite characters, overall. 

I'm a big fan of how they organised season 4 with the longer episodes. It did feel like we were watching a collection of shorter films. The fourth episode is a highlight and is most likely my personal favourite of the entire show. It's a masterpiece. 

I'm finding the series pretty much perfect, I can't think of a single negative. All the characters are just fantastic, it makes watching any scene they're in a real joy. It's also beautifully produced. Glad to hear the quality is still up there with S4. Gonna give it a few days break then jump straight in...

PS: the Never Ending Storyyyyyyyy sequence is up for there for best things ever committed to film imo :laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Like 1

On 18/08/2022 at 7:09 PM, Ronnie said:

I can't think of a single negative.

Was it ever established in season 1 whether - it was the kid communicating via the Christmas lights whilst in the upside down, or whether it was explained how he managed to do it when he was huddled singing The Clash?

This one thing not being explained has ruined my desire to watch season 2

On 18/08/2022 at 7:09 PM, Ronnie said:

I'm finding the series pretty much perfect, I can't think of a single negative. All the characters are just fantastic, it makes watching any scene they're in a real joy. It's also beautifully produced. Glad to hear the quality is still up there with S4. Gonna give it a few days break then jump straight in...

PS: the Never Ending Storyyyyyyyy sequence is up for there for best things ever committed to film imo :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I loved that Never Ending Story scene so much!

Like you I didn't watch until recently! I started about 2 months ago and had a great time watching through the whole thing, I just had to wait a few weeks for the last few episodes of Season 4 to come out. 

Season 3 was probably my favourite, I just really love the relationship between Steve and Dustin. The only painful thing for me is Netflix and their thumbnails :laughing: I tried not to look but they often gave things away. I had to download the Netflix episodes before I went away on holiday so couldn't miss seeing thumbnails for future episodes and one was literally

Season FOUR spoiler:

Spoiler

Max sitting in front of a Grave and the episode name was "Dear Billy". So his death really wasn't very surprising for me lol

Edited by Josh64
I'm a doofus
  • Like 1

I think you mean Spoiler for Season 4, which I haven't yet watched @Josh64 :blank::blank::blank:

But yeah Steve is fantastic, love his relationship with Dustin too. I liked the scene at the school dance between Nancy and Dustin at the end of S2 as well.

The show does great montage scenes in general. The Ghostbusters one in S2 was amazing, and the Material Girl one in S3.

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I think you mean Spoiler for Season 4, which I haven't yet watched @Josh64 :blank::blank::blank:

But yeah Steve is fantastic, love his relationship with Dustin too. I liked the scene at the school dance between Nancy and Dustin at the end of S2 as well.

The show does great montage scenes in general. The Ghostbusters one in S2 was amazing, and the Material Girl one in S3.

Yikes! Sorry! I thought the spoiler happened at the end of Season 3 :cry:

Yeah I loved the whole mall vibe of Season 3 and it was great seeing a different side to Elle!

• Like 1

My little sis started watching it on Netflix. She enjoys it a lot, and recognised a lot of the songs they use throughout the episodes. :heh:

I'm currently in pieces after watching S4 E4.

Spoiler

Max's escape.

Incredible. 

:cry: