NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Stranger Things

Part of the reason why the first season of this was soooo good was because of the interplay between the characters. I'm glad they've stuck with them! Apparently we're getting nine episodes, whereas the first season had eight! :D

Three months to go.

• Like 1

New season is up on Netflix!

We're watching season one again before watching the second lot. It's fantastic. :heart: Winona Ryder is brilliant at playing this type of I'M ON THE EDGE GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY BEFORE I CRY role. Steals every scene that she's in.

I'd normally be all over this, but I'm busy playing Mario.. I'll watch it next weekend probably.

Has nobody else seen season 2 yet? The first few episodes are a little bit slow, but after that it's brilliant, with the possible exception of

Spoiler

the dodgy seventh episode, which seemed like something out of a different show.

• Like 1

Has nobody else seen season 2 yet? The first few episodes are a little bit slow, but after that it's brilliant, with the possible exception of
Spoiler the dodgy seventh episode, which seemed like something out of a different show.

Finished it last night. What the hell even was episode 7? There's a reason why season 2 is nine episodes rather than eight, and it's because they slid in a whole episode of bullshit rubbish.

The rest of the season was *kisses forefinger and thumb* exquisite though.

Liked it in general (though I think I liked season 1 better), but episode 7 was shit and incredibly badly timed. I get that they want some more backstory for Eleven, but what we've seen of her and her rebel group wasn't nearly as interesting as what we've seen of the others (including the other newcomers).

Liked it in general (though I think I liked season 1 better), but episode 7 was shit and incredibly badly timed. I get that they want some more backstory for Eleven, but what we've seen of her and her rebel group wasn't nearly as interesting as what we've seen of the others (including the other newcomers).
I didn't mind Kali, I thought that finding out about some more of Elevens cohort from the lab made sense, and she was reasonably interesting.

But the rest of them? Like some sort of generic 80s stereotype gang members? It seemed like their only purpose was so when Eleven decided to dress up as the lost member of Spandau Ballet, she didn't look like the most stupid person there.

I really enjoyed this season.

I do agree about the season episode, it feels like that should have been 3 or 4 episodes rather than one, there was no real development on either Kali or Eleven and it was just so rushed. I do hope eventually it might be more of a thing however. 

It was good and enjoyable. Episode 7 was....a letdown of what it could’ve been. 

Been playing the free phone game, it’s actually pretty decent and fun. 

Stranger Things Season 2, take a bow. Fucking brilliant.

Spoiler

1) Dustin's swearing exchange with Nancy's Dad, when he calls him a son of a bitch. Obviously the show plays with 80's film and TV tropes, but it mixes the stuff you'd find in kids shows with the stuff you'd find in teen dramas, and sometimes subverts (ooooh) both. Maybe there are examples of children swearing at adults in cheesy American dramas but as far as I'm aware it's just something the writers have thrown in for the lolz. The great thing is that the writers don't overdo these little surprises.

2) On a similar level, the scene where Billy arouses Nancy's Mum while on the search for Max. Nailed it.

3) Favourite scene was between Steve and Dustin when they're leaving a trail of beef on the train track to lure a 'demidog' towards their camp. The fantasy of their plan, combined with Steve's tips on girls and hairspray... Everything about it made me tingle.

4) El's return

5) The entire Snow Ball 

Episode 7 was strange, in terms of pacing and being so disconnected from the suburbs, but the show eventually could benefit from moving outside of the confines of the school etc every now and then. Definitely wasn't integrated right.

Edited by dwarf
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dwarf said:

Stranger Things Season 2, take a bow. Fucking brilliant.

favourite moments (Hide contents)

2) On a similar level, the scene where Billy arouses Nancy's Mum while on the search for Max. Nailed it.

That may actually be my favourite scene. :laughing:

Just caught up on this and have reached episode 7. Should I skip it for now and see the rest and then return, or should I just suck it up and watch it to get it over with? I've heard it's really bad though I have no idea what it's about.

So far, so, so, so, so good! Really liking it. While the first season was more mysterious and omnious, this is truly a better story now that the characters have been established and getting fleshed out. I also like how the group is actually completely separated.

Watch it! It's only one episode and it's not that bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Just caught up on this and have reached episode 7. Should I skip it for now and see the rest and then return, or should I just suck it up and watch it to get it over with? I've heard it's really bad though I have no idea what it's about.

So far, so, so, so, so good! Really liking it. While the first season was more mysterious and omnious, this is truly a better story now that the characters have been established and getting fleshed out. I also like how the group is actually completely separated.

While it's boring, it doesn't make sense to watch the episodes out of order.

Watch it! I didn't find it too bad. Just a little bit jarring as it felt out of place from the rest of the series. 

Loved this series so much though. I'd watched the first two episodes of S1 a long time back and then fell off the wagon due to being busy, but pretty much binged the rest of S1 and S2. So so good. 

If you don't agree Steve and Bob are the heroes of this story, I don't think we can be friends. And... 

Spoiler

That snow ball. Watched it twice now, bawled my eyes out both times. Dustin and Nancy. So sweet. Just the joy of seeing them all there set me off. And those music choices. That scene won't be what Stranger Things is remembered for, but I don't think I've seen an 'end of film/series ball' scene that's effected me so much emotionally. 

Edited by Mr-Paul
  • Like 1

Episode 7 gets far too much hate. It's not the best episode, but it's not particularly terrible. The issue with it is that it's far too rushed and the content of the episode would have been better spread out over 2 and 3. It's almost like DLC, or a random sidequest. I didn't mind it all that much.

Season 2 was just too, too good. We blitzed through it, loved it, and now want more. 

@Mr-Paul

Spoiler

Completely agree with everything you wrote about the snow ball. Just wonderful television. I felt like I was a kid again watching it and it could have easily been something in The Wonder Years or something from that era. Just wonderful. Every Breath You Take is already one of my favourite songs, but this made it even better.

• Like 3

The whole time I was watching the Ball I was thinking "No you don't! Don't you do that to my boy Dustin!" I was all ready to rage, but they saved it at the end.

• Like 1

Just saw episode 7. Didn't find it that bad but that's probably because I was warned that it wasn't driving the story or did anything good to the show, and it was a different pace. 

The main problem I had with episode 7 is that it felt like a completely different show. I liked the stuff at the beginning with her mother but the gang in the city was just really dull, felt like an episode of Heroes. I hope that it doesn't go in that kind of direction in future, I prefer it all to be centred around Hawkins.

Watched S2 Ep 4 just now and yes, the show is amazing, the story is great, the setting is awesome, yadayada.

What stands out to me the most though is the actors. Everyone's  performance is on point. It's impressive. Noah Schnapp and Millie Bobby Brown deserve so much praise.

• Like 1

Episode 7. I don't get all the hate? It was a good. Nothing extraordinary like the first 6 episodes but it fits. Could've been spread out over maybe two episodes, though.

Anyway, off to watch the rest of Season 2 now :D

Edit: Unbelievably good show. I'll say it again: The cast was incredible. Each and everyone's performance is pretty much perfect. Some scenes made me cry like a little bitch, I'm not ashamed to admit.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 7:13 PM, drahkon said:

Episode 7. I don't get all the hate? It was a good. Nothing extraordinary like the first 6 episodes but it fits. Could've been spread out over maybe two episodes, though.

I didn't mind it either. Reminded me of Fringe and how they'd do one, even weirder than normal, episode each season (episode 19 I think.).

Just a reminder (though doubt anyone needs it) s3 is out now. Watched the first episode, can’t wait to watch more :D