NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA X

Played the demo of this on PS4 last night, dat 60fps icon motion! :o:cool:

Really enjoyed Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX on 3DS (even if it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure :D) so I wouldn't mind checking out the full version of this game too.

Not sure what's going on with it in Europe though, it doesn't appear to be available to pre-order from anywhere, despite apparently releasing at the end of this month. :hmm:

Is it going to be digital only in Europe?

Hopefully not, as that pretty much guarantees it'll be a ridiculous price. :nono:

@Dcubed @Josh64 @khilafah, have you guys got any idea?

Hopefully not, as that pretty much guarantees it'll be a ridiculous price. :nono:

Yeah, digital only for us Europeans.

LINK

It's a shame that SEGA went backwards with this one being digital only, but I suppose we're lucky to be getting it at all. Don't have a PS4, so I'll have to pick up the Vita version this time.

TBH, I'd be much more interested in Future Tone if that was coming over here. It's insane! It pretty much renders every other Miku game redundant! It would pretty much guarantee I would buy a PS4 (though a cheeky Steam release of that one wouldn't go amiss SEGA... ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

Played the demo of this on PS4 last night, dat 60fps icon motion! :o:cool:

Really enjoyed Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX on 3DS (even if it's somewhat of a guilty pleasure :D) so I wouldn't mind checking out the full version of this game too.

Not sure what's going on with it in Europe though, it doesn't appear to be available to pre-order from anywhere, despite apparently releasing at the end of this month. :hmm:

@Dcubed @Josh64 @khilafah, have you guys got any idea?

Yeah, digital only sadly :( it looks fun as always and I certainly MUCH prefer this art style over the big head 3ds models but the arcade version just looks so much better graphically and song-wise which is why it breaks my heart they're only localising this game.

Considering SEGA went back on saying that they weren't releasing this at all in the West, to giving us this version digital only, I'll take that any day. Shame some will boycott it because its not getting a physical release, but their loss and if they wanted future titles released physical too they should show it with their wallets.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

TBH, I'd be much more interested in Future Tone if that was coming over here. It's insane! It pretty much renders every other Miku game redundant! It would pretty much guarantee I would buy a PS4 (though a cheeky Steam release of that one wouldn't go amiss SEGA... ;) )
Researches Future Tone...

:o

Knowing that exists has actually put me right off getting DIVA X. :hmm:

Crazy stuff. Absolutely insane track selection, Classic SEGA tunes and a Ulala costume!! :love:

Yeah, give us that game instead please, Sega! :hehe:

Yeah, digital only sadly :( it looks fun as always and I certainly MUCH prefer this art style over the big head 3ds models but the arcade version just looks so much better graphically and song-wise which is why it breaks my heart they're only localising this game.
Really!? Complete opposite for me, those Nendoroid style characters in the 3DS game are adorable. :grin:

The traditional character style is well... kind of creepy. :heh:

Considering SEGA went back on saying that they weren't releasing this at all in the West, to giving us this version digital only, I'll take that any day. Shame some will boycott it because its not getting a physical release, but their loss and if they wanted future titles released physical too they should show it with their wallets.
Understandable though, not everyone can afford the ludicrous price of digital retail games, or choose not to out of principle.

At the end of the day if this was getting a retail release and priced around £30 I probably would've picked it up, but seeing as the digital price will likely be £50+ there's no way I'll be getting it at launch.

The game came out a few weeks ago at a price point of £36.99

Currently downloading and will give a quick spin when I get home tonight.

Alright, I've played it a bit and I was pleasantly surprised that the game has a story narrative. There are 5 Cloud Prism Crystals that need restoring through the power of singing and you have to clear them all, not really any different to what you normally do but its a nice little touch.

I like that you unlock everything through clearing songs rather than saving points to buy everything and new modules unlock when you successfully clear chance time.

Some songs included have varying beats per minute which adds an extra layer of challenge to those songs, when you clear all the songs available in the prism an extra hard one unlocks in order to fully restore them which are a combination of various songs of varying beats per minute and holy moly is it difficult to readjust to change in BPM.

I'm enjoying the music choices and I've only hear the classic tracks so far.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

EDIT: Heres a proper recording. Just missed beating the record on the PS4Share video.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Have you heard the news? :hehe:

Seriously glad I held off from buying this version now.

Have you heard the news? :hehe:

Seriously glad I held off from buying this version now.

I did indeed! Exciting! :bouncy:

Same here, Future Tone basically renders X (and almost every other Miku game) redundant. Might have to finally get a PS4 if this doesn't come to Steam (and if The Last Guardian actually gets released for realsies :p )

Pfft! 200 songs? Ain't got nothing on Theatrythm!

Glad it's coming out, not for my sake, but @Dcubed and @Ugh first aid go absolutely bonkers over these games and it's always amusing.

Sign in to follow this