NEurope
Ashley

Yesteryeargames has passed away

Jeez, this is turning into a crummy year.

Condolences to the family at this terrible time.

He was a real Nintendo nut, first came across him on another forum, real nice, genuine guy. :wtf::wtf:

I honestly don't know what to say. I usually lurk around all over the place and noticed he didn't post for a while but I never actually thought anything of it. Wow.

R.I.P. So sad to have lost you! Condolences to your family and friends and I wish them nothing but the best on such a sad and tragic time!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

This is turning into one of the worst years.

Like others have said, hadn't seen him post in a while. So thought nothing of it, but this news is shocking to say the least.

R.I.P Yesteryeargames. You will be missed.

I don't even know what to say :( That picture in the original post embodied him perfectly in my mind, his enthusiasm and love for Nintendo games seemed unmatched but his attitude so agreeable.

Often people just stop posting here and I tend to assume that they've just gotten too busy or left us behind, but sometimes I do wonder if the reason is actually much worse.

Rest in Peace, Chris. I hope N-Europe was a source of enjoyment in your life.

Really sad news. It really doesn't feel like it was that long ago I saw him posting on the forums.

Didn't really click when Ashley told me, until I saw his avatar. Very sad news. He has my thoughts

Edited by Daft
I can't spell Ashley properly

Ouch, 29 years old and so healthy, any word on what was wrong?

There's more info in the link that Ashley posted in the first post. There's also another pic in there, his full name and some insight into who he was. Worth reading :)

There's more info in the link that Ashley posted in the first post. There's also another pic in there, his full name and some insight into who he was. Worth reading :)

Yeah, read that but couldn't find a cause of death. It was indeed a good text.

Oh you're right, I have definitely read it somewhere, I believe it was Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome.

Words escape me....I remember him back when I posted more boasting about his competitive gaming and always thought good on him for giving it a go and succeeding... very very sad news R.I.P

Thanks for that. I've gotten in touch to see if there's anything we can do as a site to help them.

Spoken to his family and they'd appreciate any efforts we can make to help them in their fundraising.

The Just Giving page is here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/t-cox and as Jimbob posted the Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/chriscoxmemorialfund/

I've let them know how much he meant to this place, how clear his love of gaming was and how much we enjoyed his company.

Hello everyone, This is Andrew, Chris' brother here. I managed to find his log in info so I could post this reply.

On behalf of myself and my family, I just wanted to thank you all for your kinds words. It's really comforting to know he was thought of so fondly. Reading your comments actually brought tears to my and my Mum's eyes :'(

I remember him coming up with the username - yesteryeargames - in the early 2000's and using it on gaming forums such as ntsc-uk and maybe Av forums?

Chris was not only my brother, but also my best friend. We shared so many of the same interests and we grew up playing and collecting video games together, a passion we shared up until his passing. I've since found it very difficult to even look at a video game, but over the past few weeks I've slowly begun to feel able to show an interest in gaming again.

Any donations to Chris' memorial fund would be very gratefully received. Thank you.

Hello everyone, This is Andrew, Chris' brother here. I managed to find his log in info so I could post this reply.

On behalf of myself and my family, I just wanted to thank you all for your kinds words. It's really comforting to know he was thought of so fondly. Reading your comments actually brought tears to my and my Mum's eyes :'(

I remember him coming up with the username - yesteryeargames - in the early 2000's and using it on gaming forums such as ntsc-uk and maybe Av forums?

Chris was not only my brother, but also my best friend. We shared so many of the same interests and we grew up playing and collecting video games together, a passion we shared up until his passing. I've since found it very difficult to even look at a video game, but over the past few weeks I've slowly begun to feel able to show an interest in gaming again.

Any donations to Chris' memorial fund would be very gratefully received. Thank you.

Thank you, Andrew. Sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Thinking of you and your family in this awful time. I believe we had a few exchanges in the past and he was a lovely guy. Rest in peace.