NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone's Conspiracy (2017)

New Layton game featuring his daughter.

Will also be available on mobile.

Very pleasantly surprised to see that it's not just F2P mobile junk. There's still a bit of good left in this world it seems :)

Now we just have to hope that it gets brought out in the west before the 3DS dies completely... Given Level 5's track record though, I don't hold out much hope...

Bit concerned about the potential quality of the puzzles though, what with Akira Tago's death and all...

Edited by Dcubed

Zero-Escape-Vol.-2_-Virtues-Last-Reward-7.jpg

Oh wait, that's the wrong visual novel...

tumblr_mtdm83pQMk1rm5fceo7_400.gif

There we go!

Am I the only one bothered by the fact her eyes are massively different to Layton's?

Zero-Escape-Vol.-2_-Virtues-Last-Reward-7.jpg

Oh wait, that's the wrong visual novel...

tumblr_mtdm83pQMk1rm5fceo7_400.gif

There we go!

Am I the only one bothered by the fact her eyes are massively different to Layton's?

I literally said exactly the same thing earlier on myself. So much potential for "You have your Father's eyes" jokes...

My phone tried to say "Predator Layton" earlier and I kind of want that spinoff now.

How they gonna sell this on mobile.

F2P or full price like 3DS version

Now we just have to hope that it gets brought out in the west before the 3DS dies completely... Given Level 5's track record though, I don't hold out much hope...

Japanese release date is 2017 I think, sooo yeah...

Lady Layton has been trademarked in Europe, but that doesn't really mean much.

No, because it would look weird. :p

I'm more bothered about the talking dog. Well not really...

Western release targeted for next year, and we have an official English title! Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone's Conspiracy.

As one of LEVEL-5’s masterpieces, the PROFESSOR LAYTON series of puzzle adventure games has sold more than 15.5 million units worldwide to date. Its newest official sequel, Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone’s Conspiracy — available on Nintendo 3DS/Android/iOS — was announced to be released in Spring 2017 in Japan. Not only will the main character switch from “Professor Layton” (Hershel Layton) to “Kat” (Katrielle Layton), many of its characters will be brand new. The story will focus less on dynamic problem-solving and more on solving multiple mystery cases observed in the everyday lives of Londoners, which will bring a faster tempo and more comical tone to the series. It will be more familiar — and funnier — than ever, while maintaining an adventurous quality. The creators of the puzzles and brain-teasers, the core element of the series, will also be new. Please look forward to the new PROFESSOR LAYTON series, targeting a Western release in 2017.

Now the dog sidekick makes sense (and I feel stupid for not clocking onto it sooner :p )

Tokyo, Japan - LEVEL-5 announced today that the newest entry into the Professor Layton game series is LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy and will be released simultaneously around the world on July 20th, 2017. For the first time, a game in the Professor Layton series will be released as a mobile game in addition to a traditional video game.

Formerly titled Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadne's Conspiracy, this new installment of the Professor Layton series is a strategic mystery puzzle solving game that follows Katrielle Layton, who searches for her missing father Professor Hershel Layton.

Published globally by LEVEL-5 abby LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy will launch simultaneously on iOS and Android platforms on July 20, 2017, with a Nintendo 3DS game to follow in autumn 2017 and will be available in eight languages at launch. Over the past ten years, the Professor Layton series has had huge global success selling over 16.0 million units worldwide.

The new title is an exciting departure from previous games in the Professor Layton series as it is made up of a combination of smaller conundrums and puzzles that need to be solved in order to complete the overall mystery. This new format is going to appeal to existing Layton fans as well as attract a brand new audience.

Key game details:

· Title: LAYTON'S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy

· Genre: Mystery /Adventure/ Puzzle

· Staff:

o Puzzle Development - Iwanami Kuniaki

o Producer - Akihiro Hino

o Character Design - Nagano Takuzo

o Music - Nishiura Tomohito  

· Animation: A-1 Pictures Inc. 

“This is the seventh entry in the Professor Layton series and we are excited that Katrielle Layton is taking center stage in this new iteration of the game,” said Akihiro Hino, CEO LEVEL-5. “Professor Layton fans will enjoy the mystery and fantasy adventure play that they have come to love and appreciate throughout the series.”

To learn more about LAYTON'S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy visit laytonseries.com and follow us on Facebook.com/Laytonseries, Twitter @Laytonseries and Instagram @Laytonseries.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/278311-level-5-announces-latest-addition-to-the-professor-layton-series

Interesting that they changed the title... I assume it means we could be getting more games set during the time when the Professor has disappeared, and possibly that not all of them will be focused on Katrielle? I'd love to see Alfendi and Lucy get another game! :hehe:

(I'm not holding my breath for that last bit though...)

Early Autumn sounds good, too. I'm currently (re)playing all the Layton and Ace Attorney games, and should by my estimations probably be done with the last of them in late July or early August, so I won't have too long to wait for this game. :D

And another port of a game I’ve recently bought.

Nonetheless, great news for the Switch library and for Switch owners that skipped recent Nintendo platforms.

Release date confirmed, as well as a retail release.

PS_NSwitch_LaytonsMysteryJourneyDeluxe_P

• New Puzzles: This Deluxe Edition includes more than 40 brand-new puzzles and other puzzles modified from the Nintendo 3DS version, to extend the fun and make the game even more family-friendly.
  • Improved Layout and Enhanced Graphics: Key information for each puzzle is now viewable on one screen, and all graphics have received an HD overhaul.
  • Unlocked DLC: Content previously released as paid DLC, including the 'Daddy’s Girl' and 'Luke Lookalike' outfits, is unlocked from the very beginning.
  • New Outfits: More than 50 new outfits have been added, all of which can be obtained by playing the game.

• Like 2

I'll probably get it, as like I said above, I haven't played any of the games beyond the first.

I'm so used to the dumb American way of doing dates since E3 for a second I thought that meant August 11th, then I realised it's November, doh.

Looks fun. I never played Professor Layton back in the day but will keep an eye on this.

This took far too long, it was announced last year. :laughing:

Missed the 3DS version so will pick up this one.

Sign in to follow this