NEurope
Daft

Wonder Woman (2017)

Yes to all this and especially yes to the glowing lasso.

As I said in the DC thread, this looks great.

I did have to watch it twice though to try and figure out what she's doing with her ass at 2.08 lol. It reminds me of the Rock flexing out of his cast in Fast 7.

Awesome trailer. It's all looking quite good, so far. I'm particularly interested in the time period they've chosen for this film. It just give it another feel entirely. I'm convinced that this will be great!

Please be great.

I absolutely loved this bit the most, the way the bullet rattle combined with the music was superb and the way the shield is knocked about gives a real physicality to it.

giphy.gif

That's a really nice trailer! But it seems that DC are better at making trailers than making movies so my hype level is not quite there anymore.

Amazingly, hopefully not getting ahead of myself, this movie seems to be getting actual positive feedback!

Review embargo hasn't lifted yet but tweeting a general opinion by those who've had a sneak preview has been allowed and people are saying positive things.

Honestly I was starting to think we'd never see another positive critical reaction to a DCEU movie again.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2017/05/the-first-reactions-for-wonder-woman-are-spectacular/

That's good to hear. The trailers have looked more promising than the other ones - I think it shows that the franchise needs more standalone films before team up films.

Also, isn't this the main continuity rather than the DC Expanded Universe?

Also, isn't this the main continuity rather than the DC Expanded Universe?

What's the difference?

I was attempting to make a joke on how the DCEU makes it sound like tie-in comics and novels, not actual films.

I was attempting to make a joke on how the DCEU makes it sound like tie-in comics and novels, not actual films.

It stands for DC Cinematic Extended Universe.

Just like how people say "DC Comics" which means "Detective Comics Comics"

:heh:

So...one week until this is out.

06qxcwyvm0zy.jpg

And there are some early reactions in from reviews. The embargo has also been brought forward a couple days from the Wednesday to the Monday. So...things are looking positive. Not long now.

Katie Walsh, LA Times

[TWEET]867480992491216896[/TWEET]

Josh Horowitz, MTV

[TWEET]867487727763292160[/TWEET]

Josh Lasser, IGN

[TWEET]867476005451173889[/TWEET]

David Sims, The Atlantic

[TWEET]867475342281367552[/TWEET]

Melissa Leon, The Daily Beast

[TWEET]867488428459425793[/TWEET]

Grace Randolph

[TWEET]867477777326510080[/TWEET]

I've seen the trailer and it can't be that good. I am very much looking forward to it though and no doubt it will be a breath of fresh air after Man of Steel and BvS.

I booked tickets for this on Thursday - I was litterally the only one to have done so in one of the more popular cinemas in town - and at a good time of the day (6:40 PM). I'm really looking forward to it, it looks good, though one of the best movie ever? Not a chance. :)

I just posted those as an indicator that it isn't a pile of wank.

Which, let's be honest, is a relief.

And they say "one of the best movies I've ever seen". They may have only watched Uwe Boll movies for all we know. :heh:

Edited by Ashley

Gone up 1% from yesterday.

I assume it'll dip a bit but early signs are good.

Got tickets to see this tomorrow straight after work. I. Am. Excite. I think I'm more happy about what this could do for the DC movies going forward than for the movie itself. DC needs a restart and it needs to come from a place of better writing/direction > explosions and special effects. Basically they need to stop Michael Baying it, because it's not working for them.

It was OK. Man of Steel is still the best film in the universe.

Man of Steel is still the best film in the universe.

Well, I think that's a bit strong...

Well I loved it. It was an actual good movie for a change, not just a visually stunning action flick. Gadot was brilliant.

It was quite good as entertainment. Not great film art but it wasn't necessary for it.

The ending was cheasy, too much. Committing suicide a la Armageddon just doesn't really work for non-Bruce Willis-people.

I didn't like the three extra people that was added. Only the one with the fez had any real value to the movie, the rest were just garbage and not funny at all.

The humour was in general quite good, though. Got more than a few laughs from me at least, Diana was naive in a good way.

Acting was quite alright and the characters were likeable. It also seems to me to be a good portrayal of Wonder Woman.

I saw through Lupin .. er, Sir Patrick? too early, it was a bit obvious. But it was a good fight!

Just came back from watching it this evening. Won't give anything away but enjoyed it. The cinema we went to was just £4 a ticket which was great too.

Edited by sumo73