NEurope
Cube

Sonic Mania (New 2D Sonic)

A new adventure, plus reimagined zones from previous games.

Edit: Also, I don't think this is the main game announcement. I think that's happening in a few hours.

Edited by Cube

Glorious! :D

I watched the live stream for this as well, over an hour of waiting but the announcement was worth it. :)

This looks like the Sonic game we've been wanting for long time. : peace:

Glorious! :D

I watched the live stream for this as well, over an hour of waiting but the announcement was worth it. :)

This looks like the Sonic game we've been wanting for long time. : peace:

This isn't even the main game announcement. That's at 5:55.

Also, the live stream has been horrible. Especially the audio.

This isn't even the main game announcement. That's at 5:55.

Also, the live stream has been horrible. Especially the audio.

The stream goes on until 6am? :blank:

If there's going to be a new 3D Sonic game announced, I want to see it but, I also kind of want to sleep. :P

Yeah, the audio was glitched but it's a bit better now. :)

The stream goes on until 6am? :blank:

If there's going to be a new 3D Sonic game announced, I want to see it but, I also kind of want to sleep. :P

Yeah, the audio was glitched but it's a bit better now. :)

Yup, guff like Hello Kitty merchandise and a cosplay competition will be before then. LEGO at 5:30.

Yup, guff like Hello Kitty merchandise and a cosplay competition will be before then. LEGO at 5:30.

I might just stick around for the rest of the music and call it a night... we'll see. :heh:

Looks and sounds amazing! This looks to be exactly what I wanted from a 2D Sonic game.

*boards the hype train*

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Crazy to think that this is basically an official fangame! Congrats to Headcannon/Stealth and Mr Whitehead! :D

Though I do have to question why it's not slated for Nintendo systems. I mean, Sonic's biggest audience is there!

Edit: Oh my God! Just started catching up to the stream, what the hell is this!? Getting Konami 2010 vibes from this :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

This looks awesome! Can't believe we're getting two Sonic games next year. This is definitely a day one purchase for me, good to see some classic Sonic! :D

This is what Sonic 4 should have been. It looks a bit too much like a fan game, but I'm hyped. Surprised there's no NX version.

This looks spot-on! :awesome:

Crazy to think that this is basically an official fangame! Congrats to Headcannon/Stealth and Mr Whitehead! :D
Yep, amazing stuff though. icon14.gif

Would love for Nintendo to do something similar, especially for some of its more neglected franchises.

It is weird there's no NX version given that Project Sonic has been announced for it, but maybe Sega/Nintendo wanted to hold off until the NX reveal for some reason? Or maybe they're doing a special Mario/Sonic crossover version :heh:

Looks fun though!

I can't be the only one who would want to play this in 3D on the 3DS right?

I can't be the only one who would want to play this in 3D on the 3DS right?

I doubt you are the only one but I certainly wouldn't. I'd much rather play it on an actual console or PC.

Watch out, Freedom Planet 2, you got some competition :o

I honestly didn't expect this. A 2D Sonic game that, in one trailer, makes me more hopeful than Sonic 4 or the Advance trilogy. And that music sounds straight out of Sonic CD!

OMG! This looks absolutely amazing! Can't wait to see more :D

Looks great, looks like the Sonic we've been waiting for. And also a possible Generations 2, which i can't wait for.

well god damn! the sonic game ive wanted since Sonic 3 & knuckles is finally here! hype train ticket bought!

Music sounds great (so far).

That is quite the tune. Surely I can't be the only one hearing bits of Phantasy Star Online and Burning Rangers in there? It also reminds me of some other Saturn/Dreamcast era Sega games, but I can't quite figure out which ones.