NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Metroid Prime Blast Ball

New thread because...

IT IS OUT NOW FOR FREE

That was weird

Cn5bObkVMAAUr0i.jpg

Well there's a nice surprise! I'm downloading that as soon as I get home from work for sure! :D

Good idea for them to put this out before launch. Hopefully it'll help combat the negative campaign against Federation Force!

That was weird

How did you get a copy of my review?

And so the 3DS gets it's very own Rocket League! :heh:

Had a quick go, it's actually pretty good. Not Rocket League good, but still fun. :hehe:

So have they now split this away from Federation Force? Or will it still be on the cart as the multiplayer component?

Apparently in the US it is considered as a demo to the full Metroid game, while here in the EU it is standalone. But my guess is it will still be bundled. Maybe with more unlockable stuff in the full game version.

Played the tutorial and a training match, plays pretty solid! Would like a MP Hunters touch control too though. But yeah, this could be a fun online competition game! Haven't checked how the matchmaking works, but would be nice to set up a N-Europe league for it!

Nice surprise Nintendo!

And so the 3DS gets it's very own Rocket League! :heh:

Had a quick go, it's actually pretty good. Not Rocket League good, but still fun. :hehe:

The funny thing with people everywhere online calling it a Rocket League ripoff, is that its public announcement actually predates Rocket League :p

Played this for a few matches against CPU earlier and it seems more fully featured than I thought it would be. I'm not quite sure how you choose what role you want to play in a match though, when you play online are you able to choose? It's quite interesting to me that this is so similar to 'Rocket League' and 'Federation Force' seems like a more campaign focused 'Overwatch', it might be something that Nintendo will look at introducing to a wider audience (with a less divisive art style) on the NX if it's well received on the 3DS. A Nintendo made MOBA could be a huge selling point for the NX.

I have not downloaded it yet, but the videos I have seen make it look like movement is very slow.

Anyone who has played the game care to comment or refute?

I have not downloaded it yet, but the videos I have seen make it look like movement is very slow.

Anyone who has played the game care to comment or refute?

It is a bit, yeah. The ball in particular seems very heavy and is therefore difficult to move, even with the charge shot.

One thing I really like about this though is how the size of the goal shrinks after each point, with the last one being not much bigger than the ball itself. :hehe:

In the match I played it was 2-2 and very tricky for either team to score the decisive goal, so it went to extra time, where the goals revert to their initial size.

Cool gameplay mechanic. :awesome:

I played three online matches yesterday, won all of them! And made quite some goals. It's good to not suck at an online game haha, I will however in a week when the rest had more practice and I get swamped by fanatic players...

The online part reminded me a bit of Steel Diver, you get tossed randomly in a match and can pick a side. But as far as I could see you cannot create a game with friends online, which would be a big miss. Local play and download play (a bit strange for a free to download title) are supported.

It at least feels like more of an action-oriented game than the aforementioned Steel Diver, and I will probably do some quick between playing other games.

I've played some online matches, and I'm liking it more than I expected. It's true that the movement is a bit slow, but so far for me this only meant that I need to move carefully (or play very defensive). I mean, I like how risky it is to move all team forward, since you won't make it back in time. I like the heavy ball as well.

Local play and download play (a bit strange for a free to download title) are supported.

Yes I found that weird too, maybe it won't be a free download anymore when Federation Force comes out?

Definately trying to get more used to this game after playing a few matches and losing quite easily. I've found I'm not particularly good on the attack and aiming the ball directly where I want to go, but standing back and playing defensive seems to suit me somewhat better so I might go that route in the future.

I finally got around to giving this a go last night. I have mixed feelings about it.

Firstly, i'm not a fan of the controls. I've always hated gyro/motion stuff so I instantly turned off by how the manual aiming was done. Luckily I seem to do fine by just repositioning myself and using the lock on.

I'm not too keen on the idea on the goal getting smaller with every point you score. The last goal is an absolute nightmare to get in and you are left far too open for the opposition to score. Kinda feels like they have just done this in order to giving the other team a chance.

I think the matches go on for too long. I think 3 minutes would have been perfect but 5 drags on a little too much for my liking.

I managed to unlock a fair few skins, with my first two being Mother Brain and Ridley. Was very happy with that. :grin:

I had a couple of games online but the connections were terrible. I couldn't connect at all when I first started and then I kept getting paired up with people who either lagged out or morons who just stood there AFK. It's a good job this doesn't have online chat otherwise I would have been shouting my head off these idiots.

I played through the tutorial of the main game and enjoyed what I seen of it. I'll certainly be picking up Federation Force on release date ( hoping for a week early release from Shopto again ) but no doubt it will just be a single player game for me. I doubt there are enough people on here looking to buy it on day one, or play online as much I hope to do, and playing with randoms can be a frustrating affair in any co-op game. *points to Triforce Heroes*

I will be taking an interest in what the verdict is for the main game once it launches next week in the US.

I doubt there are enough people on here looking to buy it on day one, or play online as much I hope to do

Day 1 for me also, but time zone differences, and my shit internet connection relegate me to play against Japanese or N.American normally.

Sign in to follow this